I don't know where some of these reviewers stayed but they clearly were not at the Miraval Resort where I just returned earlier this week. My wife and I were there for 5 nights for our first trip to the property having been veterans of the last 3 summers of Canyon Ranch in the Berkshires. We also have experienced world class resort spas like the Grand Wailea and Four Seasons in Hawaii. This is a world c lass spa property with unique experiences, outstanding food, great fitness activities and an energetic and knowledgeable staff. Judging from the guests on the property this last week, satisfaction was extremely high - even in the 100+ degrees heat (which on a separate note is not oppressive given the moderate temps in the morning and evening)
In particular, we enjoyed the hikes, the Equine Experience (unique to Miraval), the spa treatments (try the Miraval journey) and the fitness clesses. Guests raved about the Adventure activities, the photography program and the cooking demonstration. The food was excellent - typical spa small portions but you can have as much as you want. The one complaint would be that the wait staff is young and inexperienced and so the restaurant is more chaotic than necessary. The comments in the prior reviews about the staff couldn't be further from the truth - they were so friendly and engaging.
The resort has a spiritual/"mindful" approach to all of their activities which is not really my cup of tea but it doesn't affect the experience. This is definitely more of a resort spa which allows alcohol, has a smoothie bar and a great 3 level pool.
Maybe guests that have been at Miraval for years have noticed change but new guests will not be disappointed. Let the others stay away as there will be more room for us upon our return. Miraval is rightfully ranked as one of the top destination spas in the U.S.!! A+++
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the warm shade of the Santa Catalina Mountains in northern Tucson, on 400 acres of idyllic land, Miraval Resort & Spa is an award-winning luxury destination retreat dedicated to opening eyes, minds, and hearts. Personalized attention, sumptuous casita-style guest accommodations, and the Life in Balance Spa continuously help Miraval garner accolades from SpaFinder, Travel + Leisure, and Condé Nast Traveler.Miraval’s innovative Life in Balance Spa features unique, mind-body treatments such as Spirit Flight, Naga Thai, and Utopia. Outside of the spa, additional rejuvenating experiences such as healthful cuisine prepared by award-winning chefs, integrative wellness programs, fitness pursuits, and challenge activities are designed to physically and spiritually reconnect Miraval guests on the path to a life in balance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miraval Arizona Resort And Spa
- Miraval Arizona Hotel Tucson
- Miraval Arizona Tucson
- Miraval Life In Balance Resort Spa