My daughter and I went to Miraval for the first time this past week. I read many of the reviews about it on trip advisor that helped me to select our room as well as the various sessions, classes and spa treatments. We requested a room in the 300s. It was the quietest hotel room I've ever experienced. The staff was exceptional. I had trouble turning on the air conditioning system and called for assistance around 9 p.m. Help came quite promptly.
The food was delicious and healthful. There is a buffet for breakfast and lunch as well as daily specials that you can order. There is a three course served dinner during which there is a table for 10 people where you can request seating. It is a good opportunity to meet other guests, especially if you are travelling solo. We both ate heartily and each of us lost about two pounds. As has been mentioned, the grounds are well manicured and the sounds from the streams and various water fountains are soothing. I would highly recommend Wyatt Webb's session Not About the Horse. There are only 11 people in the group, so he can focus on each person. That was definitely an Aha moment for both of us. My daughter had a private with Tejpal for Brennan Energy Healing - another Aha. I had an eventful private with Anne Parker who guided me towards finding balance in my life. Our class with Coach Leigh was great. She speaks with passion about emotional fitness by relating to her experiences as an athlete and coach. We also enjoyed Lovingkindness Meditation. The spa treatments were very good. We both tried craniosacral massage. I was a bit hesitant because it sounds like there is manipulation of the head and neck, but it is a very peaceful and relaxing treatment. There are plenty of exercise classes and challenges. I would have liked a class for women "of a certain age" to include flexibility, balance, posture and exercises to increase bone density. I was fortunate to meet Signe Elwick, a Fitness Instructor who is a personal trainer and a certified posture specialist. I would definitely recommend a private session with her. You are not able to use your cell phones except in your room and some of the common areas. This is a great break from the day to day texts, calls and emails that constantly bombard our space. You definitely need to book Wyatt Webb's session well in advance as well as any of the privates and spa treatments you are interested in. The shuttle service was smooth and everything was extremely well organized. I would definitely recommend taking bug repellent as the mosquitoes come out at dusk. Thank you Miraval - we will return!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the warm shade of the Santa Catalina Mountains in northern Tucson, on 400 acres of idyllic land, Miraval Resort & Spa is an award-winning luxury destination retreat dedicated to opening eyes, minds, and hearts. Personalized attention, sumptuous casita-style guest accommodations, and the Life in Balance Spa continuously help Miraval garner accolades from SpaFinder, Travel + Leisure, and Condé Nast Traveler.Miraval’s innovative Life in Balance Spa features unique, mind-body treatments such as Spirit Flight, Naga Thai, and Utopia. Outside of the spa, additional rejuvenating experiences such as healthful cuisine prepared by award-winning chefs, integrative wellness programs, fitness pursuits, and challenge activities are designed to physically and spiritually reconnect Miraval guests on the path to a life in balance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Visit Barbados, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miraval Arizona Resort And Spa
- Miraval Arizona Hotel Tucson
- Miraval Arizona Tucson
- Miraval Life In Balance Resort Spa