This is my first trip to a destination spa , so I have nothing to compare Miraval with. That being said , here are my thoughts and observations.
Take advantage of the free shuttle ride from the airport. It takes an hour. Once you get there there is absolutely nowhere to go in your rental car and more importantly , no reason.
Check in was super easy , followed by a tour of the property and help finding your room. I was in the 200 block of rooms. I reserved the second least expensive category of rooms.
My room was just what I expected. It was sparkling clean. It was spacious and nicely appointed. My back deck faced a dirt road that employee driven golf carts went up and down all day long. The TV is older and should be replaced by a high def flat screen. There is no tub in this room. Now , if you don't get anything else from this review , please get this !! The bed is a bag of marshmallows with sheets made out of butter. Never in my life have I been in a bed that made me feel more comfortable , nurtured and yummy . Wow.
The grounds are exquisite . Full of running water features and native plant life. Every place you look it is immaculately cared for.
The staff is , to a person , caring , nurturing , professional , knowledgable and cool ! The classes and lectures that I attended were very well thought out and presented. All of the exercise equipment and gadgets were in perfect shape , showing no wear and tear.
The spa is lovely . Very serene and welcoming. All of my treatments were exceptional. My favorite one was Naga with Matthew.
The food is very, very good. Breakfast offers a small menu with a special that changes every day along with a well stocked buffet. Lunch is buffet with one special offered and dinner is all menu. The plated meals are beautifully presented and oh so delicious . And yes , there is a dessert menu too ! All the food offerings are accompanied by nutritional information. There are take out boxes at the buffet that you can load up and take on out. All that you want ! Be careful !
The pools are warm and clean and never crowded.
You can find whatever you are looking for here. Learn how to meditate , exercise a little or a lot. Challenge your guts on the challenge course ( I didn't do that) , learn how to eat right , how to de stress , how to grow old gracefully. Get some seldom offered spa treatments. Or just eat great healthy food and sit around the pool staring at the mountains. Whatever you are looking for.....
Don't think twice about coming to Miraval.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the warm shade of the Santa Catalina Mountains in northern Tucson, on 400 acres of idyllic land, Miraval Resort & Spa is an award-winning luxury destination retreat dedicated to opening eyes, minds, and hearts. Personalized attention, sumptuous casita-style guest accommodations, and the Life in Balance Spa continuously help Miraval garner accolades from SpaFinder, Travel + Leisure, and Condé Nast Traveler.Miraval’s innovative Life in Balance Spa features unique, mind-body treatments such as Spirit Flight, Naga Thai, and Utopia. Outside of the spa, additional rejuvenating experiences such as healthful cuisine prepared by award-winning chefs, integrative wellness programs, fitness pursuits, and challenge activities are designed to physically and spiritually reconnect Miraval guests on the path to a life in balance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Visit Barbados, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miraval Arizona Resort And Spa
- Miraval Arizona Hotel Tucson
- Miraval Arizona Tucson
- Miraval Life In Balance Resort Spa