The last time I visited Miraval was in 2001 so I was looking forward to revisiting the place and checking out some of its new attractions. I was not disappointed. The complimentary shuttle service to/from Tuscon International Airport is terrific as the resort a good hour away, tucked away in the Arizona outback. The grounds are still as lovely as ever , a blend of lush desert vegetation and outdoor art. There are so many things to do so the place will appeal to a wide variety of tastes. Firstly, let me comment about the rooms. This time we stayed in the exquisite Palo Verde Casitas, which were not there before. They are a bit off the beaten track, very private and comfortable. The double room was very spacious and comfortable. The outdoor shower was a real novelty and highlight. A/C worked efficiently and was quiet. The beds were extra comfortable. One aspect of Miraval that sets it apart from other resorts like this is their approach to food and alcohol and salt!There are food options to satisfy anyone from vegan to carnivore. And as for salt, there are at least 10 different varieties to chose from! The bar opens daily at 4:00pm and one can order wine with dinner. How civilized is that?
One can actually gain weight here if not careful. The juice bar was a delight as well. It was nice to see more couples and male groups frequenting the place. All the men I spoke to said that being at Miraval was a transformational experience and that they would return. If only I could get my husband there!! The concept of "resort credits" is something new and takes some getting used to. Guests receive a nightly resort credit which can be applied to certain activities and services but not all, so this can be a bit tricky. If one does reserve for certain activities in advance of arrival, it can be disappointing to find that activity full but space can free up later as people change their minds or not. On this trip I focused on fitness and fun. I am not that adventurous so I avoided the "challenge activities". The BMC was host to the fitness classes that I enjoyed. Kudos to Sidney for some awesome exercise classes. The 2hr outdoor morning hike was exhilarating and the mountain biking was a real hoot. I did not partake in many spa treatments on this trip but the spa facilities just by themselves are something to behold. The lectures were also informative and varied. Staff were quite helpful for the most part but I found the reception backed up times and the wait to rebook activities a bit frustrating. The only thing I would recommend Miraval consider is to pave the road and pathway leading to the 600 block to avoid getting dust/stones etc in scandals. Guests were extremely friendly so it is a great place to visit even if you go by yourself. Everyone is so upbeat, it's infectious! Also the boutique is packed with amazing stuff! 12 years was too long a time period to be away from Miraval. I hope to return on a more regular basis. Three nights was a tad short.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the warm shade of the Santa Catalina Mountains in northern Tucson, on 400 acres of idyllic land, Miraval Resort & Spa is an award-winning luxury destination retreat dedicated to opening eyes, minds, and hearts. Personalized attention, sumptuous casita-style guest accommodations, and the Life in Balance Spa continuously help Miraval garner accolades from SpaFinder, Travel + Leisure, and Condé Nast Traveler.Miraval’s innovative Life in Balance Spa features unique, mind-body treatments such as Spirit Flight, Naga Thai, and Utopia. Outside of the spa, additional rejuvenating experiences such as healthful cuisine prepared by award-winning chefs, integrative wellness programs, fitness pursuits, and challenge activities are designed to physically and spiritually reconnect Miraval guests on the path to a life in balance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miraval Arizona Resort And Spa
- Miraval Arizona Hotel Tucson
- Miraval Arizona Tucson
- Miraval Life In Balance Resort Spa