Overall, an amazing trip! The food was very good as was the service! The spa was BEAUTIFUL as well as both relaxation rooms! The outdoor challenge activities, horseback riding and photography classes were lots of fun and the lectures were enlightening. The fitness classes were average(spin for example), fun (ex-cardio drumming, dancing through the years and boxing/plie) but NOT for die heart fitness enthusiasts such as myself and my friends. The yoga was very good, aerial was fun and the yoga hike was one of the highlights of our trip. The pool was lovely and the service by the pool was very good as well. The room was small ( and our housekeeper was poor never replacing things and leaving dirty mugs)for such a pricey resort although not a problem since we were never in our room except to sleep, which by the way had the MOST COMFY bed and linens! The downside...if you are not a"preferred guest" which means you already went there FOUR TIMES,you cannot sign up for classes ahead therefore, we were shut out of MANY classes and were told besides "they" get first crack at it, the sign up sheets get posted for the rest of us between 4 and 6am! REALLY? A complaint by MANY guests we spoke to who DID wake up JUST in HOPES to sign up for a class. Imagine spending all that money and NOT get into classes the whole week? In addition, the fitness classes are only given Mo, Wed and Fri and the more mind/body classes are the rest of the days.STRESSFUL and DISAPPOINTING! Lastly, don't bother calling guest services, they don't pick up and/or don't call you back when you leave a message. If you are deciding between this resort and Canyon Ranch..Canyon Ranch has MANY MANY more fitness classes which are given EVERY day and much more challenging if you choose(they also offer different levels), if you are more into a mind/body spiritual experience including outdoor ropes course and horseback riding then this is the place for you! Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the warm shade of the Santa Catalina Mountains in northern Tucson, on 400 acres of idyllic land, Miraval Resort & Spa is an award-winning luxury destination retreat dedicated to opening eyes, minds, and hearts. Personalized attention, sumptuous casita-style guest accommodations, and the Life in Balance Spa continuously help Miraval garner accolades from SpaFinder, Travel + Leisure, and Condé Nast Traveler.Miraval’s innovative Life in Balance Spa features unique, mind-body treatments such as Spirit Flight, Naga Thai, and Utopia. Outside of the spa, additional rejuvenating experiences such as healthful cuisine prepared by award-winning chefs, integrative wellness programs, fitness pursuits, and challenge activities are designed to physically and spiritually reconnect Miraval guests on the path to a life in balance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miraval Arizona Resort And Spa
- Miraval Arizona Hotel Tucson
- Miraval Arizona Tucson
- Miraval Life In Balance Resort Spa