I stayed at Miraval for two full days after a business trip to Tuscon. I would have loved to have stayed longer to both really take advantage of all of the classes and activities and have time to relax in different places around this beautiful property. Once oriented to the layout, the expansive grounds are convenient and mostly private.
The food and dining staff are incredible. Most people think spa food = lettuce and no fun. Not true here where there is a variety of tasty creations and no shortage of choice. The juice and coffee bar are open most of the day (service w a smile) and the bar opens around 4 to have a glass of vino - or whatever you'd like, as you relax in conversation or just gazing at the mountains.
I was in the 100s rooms. I spent little time in the actual room. It was functional - no frills - and not so private. My patio was on one of the main walks, couldn't really use it to relax. The room was large, had multiple seating areas and was handicap retrofitted. This was not in my plan - but was the room I was assigned. I was disappointed that housekeeping only visited one time a day and that time was unpredictable. Surprisingly - there is no evening turn down service or small gift/inspirational item left on the bed (as is customary in most spa resorts and world class resorts - in the class of Miraval).
A few notes, I found the welcome tour a bit overwhelming - need to sign up for activities right away or risk not being able to get into them and then need to sign up for dinner. All of this becomes second nature on the second day - but the first intro was fast paced and a ton of info.
I plan to return in the future to enjoy the activities, the spa and the outdoors. One last note, I was fortunate to take the photography skills class with Nancy - who is incredible. In one hour - I learned more about advancing my photog skills - than I head learned in a prior 7 week class. thank you Nancy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the warm shade of the Santa Catalina Mountains in northern Tucson, on 400 acres of idyllic land, Miraval Resort & Spa is an award-winning luxury destination retreat dedicated to opening eyes, minds, and hearts. Personalized attention, sumptuous casita-style guest accommodations, and the Life in Balance Spa continuously help Miraval garner accolades from SpaFinder, Travel + Leisure, and Condé Nast Traveler.Miraval’s innovative Life in Balance Spa features unique, mind-body treatments such as Spirit Flight, Naga Thai, and Utopia. Outside of the spa, additional rejuvenating experiences such as healthful cuisine prepared by award-winning chefs, integrative wellness programs, fitness pursuits, and challenge activities are designed to physically and spiritually reconnect Miraval guests on the path to a life in balance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Visit Barbados, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miraval Arizona Resort And Spa
- Miraval Arizona Hotel Tucson
- Miraval Arizona Tucson
- Miraval Life In Balance Resort Spa