A resort Spa that truly lets you relax without being forced to make your vacation a "health event". Don't get me wrong, there are healthy, fit people everywhere and the resort will make sure to have plenty of programs to keep it that way. I, on the other hand, prefer to breathe, spa, pool and eat. I have been four times now and still can't get enough. Sure, I have tried a class or two, but only at my leisure.
This all inclusive, no gratuity allowed resort is small, and even when busy, it's hard to tell. The pools can fill up rather quickly in the afternoon when it's peak season. The rooms are nothing special, but it doesn't matter, your usually only there to sleep. favorite things about this particular resort:
1. Eat in your Spa Robe or exercise attire, YES, even at dinner.
2. No make-up or jewelry required or ever necessary! (makes packing simple) Sure you can "dress" if you would like, but don't be surprised if I'm sitting next to you in my robe and spa hair.
3. FOOD.... WOW!! I miss the food so much when I leave. Yes it is healthy, spa food like I would never prepare nor could I find where I live, but it is amazing! and... you can have chips and guacamole if you want, with an agave margarita and it's OK!
4. The staff - it surprises me every time how friendly and not fake friendly this young staff can be. I have seen a lot of peoples faces I remember from trips before. They deal with a lot of "well-to-do" customers and you will never see a scowl from any staff here.
5. The Spa - ahhhh, not to big, which is perfect in my opinion. I don't feel rushed around like a lab rat. Staff does not push the "buy this product" sales pitch. They are by far the best spa staff I've ever run across. Very knowledgable reception attendants. There are a lot of treatments that you've never heard of, tell the front desk, they will find a treatment for you.
6. No tipping! As much as you will want to, you can't and it's so nice to not have to worry with having money on you.
7. The wildlife... Bobcats (keep your distance, they keep theirs) BIRDS, lots of birds. It sounds like a tropical rain forest if you just close your eyes and listen.
I could go on and on about this resort, but instead, I will plan my next visit. Sure, it's expensive if you first look at the prices, but factor in all that you get with it, even it's just peace and quiet, totally worth the money!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the warm shade of the Santa Catalina Mountains in northern Tucson, on 400 acres of idyllic land, Miraval Resort & Spa is an award-winning luxury destination retreat dedicated to opening eyes, minds, and hearts. Personalized attention, sumptuous casita-style guest accommodations, and the Life in Balance Spa continuously help Miraval garner accolades from SpaFinder, Travel + Leisure, and Condé Nast Traveler.Miraval’s innovative Life in Balance Spa features unique, mind-body treatments such as Spirit Flight, Naga Thai, and Utopia. Outside of the spa, additional rejuvenating experiences such as healthful cuisine prepared by award-winning chefs, integrative wellness programs, fitness pursuits, and challenge activities are designed to physically and spiritually reconnect Miraval guests on the path to a life in balance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miraval Arizona Resort And Spa
- Miraval Arizona Hotel Tucson
- Miraval Arizona Tucson
- Miraval Life In Balance Resort Spa