Miraval is really one of those amazing experiences that I feel lucky to have had. The grounds are stunning and we had perfect weather everyday. The food is healthy, delicious, and I never felt hungry as there were so many different options to suite a variety of tastes. The juice bar was terrific and they had ingredients to pretty make any fresh juice or smoothie you could possibly think of. Our room was spacious and beautifully appointed with an extremely comfortable bed. The staff were incredibly friendly and all of our spa treatments were wonderful.
My first complaint is that all the unique experiences at Miraval require advance sign up once you are on property and each activity generally has a limit of just 8 people. Upon arrival, we found most of what we wanted to do had already been filled up. The staff claimed that it was an incredibly busy time for them, but I feel that they should have added additional activities if that was the case. They also claim that they can accommodate private activities if you aren't able to go to the scheduled ones, but we asked to have a private scheduled for three different things, and were told they couldn't accommodate any of our requests.
My second complaint was that the afternoons lacked interesting activities or classes (generally just yoga/meditation), and there were several times during the day where there was only one class/activity, so if you weren't interested in it, you were out of luck. On the plus side, this made it so we relaxed at the pool/hot tub more than we would have, but I would have preferred it if we were there because we wanted to be, not because there was nothing else to do.
Overall, I would definitely recommend this resort as it really is a unique experience that I will remember for a long time to come.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the warm shade of the Santa Catalina Mountains in northern Tucson, on 400 acres of idyllic land, Miraval Resort & Spa is an award-winning luxury destination retreat dedicated to opening eyes, minds, and hearts. Personalized attention, sumptuous casita-style guest accommodations, and the Life in Balance Spa continuously help Miraval garner accolades from SpaFinder, Travel + Leisure, and Condé Nast Traveler.Miraval’s innovative Life in Balance Spa features unique, mind-body treatments such as Spirit Flight, Naga Thai, and Utopia. Outside of the spa, additional rejuvenating experiences such as healthful cuisine prepared by award-winning chefs, integrative wellness programs, fitness pursuits, and challenge activities are designed to physically and spiritually reconnect Miraval guests on the path to a life in balance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miraval Arizona Resort And Spa
- Miraval Arizona Hotel Tucson
- Miraval Arizona Tucson
- Miraval Life In Balance Resort Spa