When you get to Miraval, you receive an arrival package that includes a letter inviting you to send yourself a note describing your "Aha!" experience at the outrageously expensive spa. I'll post my note here instead. When I booked the stay, I was offered an opportunity to upgrade (for several hundred dollars more) to a room with a mountain or desert view. What did I get? You can see in the photo below. I marched back to the front desk, where I was informed that the offer was actually for a room with a "mountain, desert or water-feature view," which in this case meant a tacky artificial fountain and another building. Aha!, I thought, this place is a ripoff. I asked for a room that delivered on what I was told I would be paying for. The next day, I was relocated to a slightly nicer room -- with a view of an enclosed patio (see photo below). I marched back to the front desk to complain, where I was told that was all that was available. I was asked if I wanted someone from management to "reach out" to me. I said yes, but no one ever did. Aha!, I said, they don't care about their customers. As for the spa itself, the food is bland but healthy, the spa services range from adequate to incompetent, and the classes are run by instructors who probably can't get work someplace good. So, don't go to Miraval expecting a relaxing experience, because at these prices, it's just going to enrage you. Aha!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the warm shade of the Santa Catalina Mountains in northern Tucson, on 400 acres of idyllic land, Miraval Resort & Spa is an award-winning luxury destination retreat dedicated to opening eyes, minds, and hearts. Personalized attention, sumptuous casita-style guest accommodations, and the Life in Balance Spa continuously help Miraval garner accolades from SpaFinder, Travel + Leisure, and Condé Nast Traveler.Miraval’s innovative Life in Balance Spa features unique, mind-body treatments such as Spirit Flight, Naga Thai, and Utopia. Outside of the spa, additional rejuvenating experiences such as healthful cuisine prepared by award-winning chefs, integrative wellness programs, fitness pursuits, and challenge activities are designed to physically and spiritually reconnect Miraval guests on the path to a life in balance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jetsetter so you can book your Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miraval Arizona Resort And Spa
- Miraval Arizona Hotel Tucson
- Miraval Arizona Tucson
- Miraval Life In Balance Resort Spa