Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa
$125
$107
$158
$140
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tucson Airport(Tucson)(Great Value!)
$79
$179
$159
Comfort Suites at Sabino Canyon(Tucson)(Great Value!)
$77
Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites(Tucson)(Great Value!)
$80
$206
$222
$178
1,336 results
All reviewsequine experiencethai massagejuice barcardio drummingfloating meditationquantum leapspirit flightchallenge courseaqua zenandrew wolfmeditation classesno tipping policylife changingpersonal growthmountain bikingcomfort zoneguest services
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I just returned from a 5-day stay at Miraval as I had the opportunity to be there for the Hay House event with Louise Hay and Cheryl Richardson. From the moment I arrived until my last minute at Miraval I found myself surrounded by peace, love and happiness. I absolutely loved everything about the resort. The rooms and the gardens are magnificent. The bed is wonderful. I wanted to take mine home! The food is very healthy and delicious and the activities and the spa experiences were just amazing. Most of all what makes Miraval so special is the people working there. The staff is very friendly, ready to help, accommodating and gracious and I would like to thank all of them for making me feel really at home. I will return next year and I have already decided that I will make Miraval a yearly ritual to pamper myself with good self-care.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Athens123
MiravalGM, General Manager at Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Hi there- Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words about your visit to Miraval for the Louise Hay and Cheryl Richardson's Hay House event. It sounds as though you were really able to enjoy all that Miraval has to offer. I'm so proud of our staff here, and it is wonderful to hear that they were all able to make you feel at home during your stay. I will pass along your thanks to them! We look forward to seeing you when you return!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

My wife and I spent a wonderful couple of days at a Miraval, a great Spa near Tucson AZ. Initially I was a bit skeptical when Andrea mentioned we were booked there - after all, Spa Resorts are normally for the Girls! However within 4 hours of our arrival I was hooked! Excellent food (heathy-but full of flavor) , a smoothie/coffee bar, a great male sauna/swim/steam/jacuzzi area and lots of male-friendly activities (mountain biking/hiking/golf/Horse riding and outdoor adventure challenges to get the heart-rate pumping!)

The Staff were friendly and laid-back- helping to get into the "chilled-out" Zone

One interesting aspect were the more ZEN-focussed activities- e.g drumming/healthy eating - I (surprisingly) really enjoyed these sessions- great expert speakers and a nice "group" feel with the other guests

I almost forgot - My wife Loved the whole experience too!

We'll be back!

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of the mountains are a great choice!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Bryder1

Hi there- Thanks for writing! I'm so glad that both you and your wife loved the Miraval experience. You're right, it's not just for the ladies- there is truly something for everyone! Miraval is all about opening minds and trying new things and it sounds as though you were able to do just that. We will hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

You pay a lot for this place and I do not see the value. The meals are so small its ridiculous. They put the calories on everything. For dinner the appetizer and the main meal totalled 280 calories. You can always ask for double servings or 2 meals but what the hell. My friend and I had gas all the time and we could not figure it out. The quality of the food was good but the variety was limited and very repetitous. Service was iffy, one evening it took over an hour and a half to eat dinner. The rooms were what I would consider a 4 star. Some staff were friendly others were not. The spa services were lacking in service and expensive. No showing you around the spa. The masseuse was late and finished early. Every free program I went to it seemed like it was an advertisement for other services and they provided very little information during the free class. So basically I felt like the only way I could get anything out of the services was to pay for them. So on top of the high per day cost there were $75 each up to $150 each (most an hour or two) and hundreds of dollars if you wanted spa treatments. Given the amount it costs per day I could stay at a five star hotel and have five star meals. The free activities did not compensate for the mark up. So expect to pay 5 star prices for a four star property.The gym classes I took were good.

An added note - spa services of $150 a day were suppose to be included in the package. I was specifically speaking to the prebook services by email about this credit and booking my services. They failed to tell me the service I booked was not included in the credit so I ended up not only paying $400 more but losing my spa credit. Upon speaking to guest services all I got was well if you read the brochure in detail you would have basically figured it out. The brochure is large, I dont know why it could not have been mentioned in the emails. I guess deception brings in higher revenues for them in the short term but I wont be back in the long run.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
9  Thank BCAdventurerer
MiravalGM, General Manager at Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Hi there,
I'm so sorry to hear that your Miraval experience did not meet your expectations. Miraval is all about choice and our dining experience can be as limiting or as robust as you choose. As a wellness spa resort, we do list our calories on our menu items which many of our guests find helpful as they make food choices throughout their stay. I'm glad you enjoyed the fitness classes you attended. As you can imagine, in our complimentary wellness lectures, our specialists can give general information that would be applicable to everyone but what we find most helpful is when our guests take the time to sit down in a private session with one or more of our specialists (i.e. a private session with our nutritionist who can design a personalized plan based on your tastes, dietary restrictions, and lifestyle). We strive to meet each guest on an individual level to create not only the most memorable vacation but also to help you bring wellness tools back into your life at home.
I would be more than happy to discuss your stay with you personally. Please contact my office to speak with me or another member of our Executive team. We are always looking for ways to improve the Miraval experience for our guests.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Spent 4 days at Miraval with a close friend and we both loved it. We were both exhausted from our high stress jobs and found the environment, people, food and classes of Miraval to be just what we needed. We wished we had been there for a week or more! The food was excellent and varied, we appreciated that many of the instructors in the exercise classes were inspiring older women in amazing shape, we learned a lot from lectures and conversations with Anne, Victoria, Andrew and Sheryl, equine experience gave us insights into our urge to control things and need to focus and listen, Mattie and Alyssa helped us as yoga novices and reminded us to breathe, and we enjoyed treatments that included shiatsu (Rebecca was great) and watsu. We did not like our first room much (it was too dark) but were able to move to a nicer room with a peaceful patio. Suggestions: include a guide to the vegetation, birds and animals in each room; open the new yoga studio to the outside (thoughwe think there might be noise from the road); have a good quality telescope on the property to look at the stars, have good book assigned for each week and have a reading group discussion one evening, perhaps have beaded jewelry and tile making so people can make something as a memento.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank profd

Hi there - Thank you for taking the time to write! I'm glad to hear that you took much needed time for yourself and that you were able to try a variety of activities- from the Equine Experience to Shiatsu! We are always looking to add new programming to our schedules so I sincerely thank you for your suggestions! I hope to see you at Miraval again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed February 5, 2013

From everything to the food and spa treatments, this is a first class place! This is an all-inclusive resort with fresh, healthy food (you might be able to find a Diet Coke behind the counter at the juice bar). Each day you'll check the activity board and decide between many activities that include nutrition, health, exercise, adventure, etc. My favorite was the Equine Experience, which involves being around horses and trying to pick up a horses hoof (may sound easy, but these are spa horses....even if you're been around horses all your life, they may not pick their foot up if you're not focused!) An all around life changing experience for me mentally....hope your trip is just as relaxing as mine was!

Room Tip: Do the Equine experience!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Hi there- Wow! Thank you for writing such kind words about your stay. I'm so glad that your time at Miraval was both life changing and relaxing! The Equine Experience is truly one-of-a-kind and it is wonderful to hear that you got so much out of it. I hope to see you back at Miraval again soon!

Kind regards,