Miraval is situated on a beautiful piece of property at the base of the mountains. The setting is really lovely with great views, palm trees, etc. It is pretty isolated and so you really feel like you can more easily disconnect from the world. It is also a comprehensive experience. For example, the food is extremely healthy, there are many exercise classes to choose from, and there are classes for your mind as well. So you come away feeling healthier overall. Kind of like a luxe camp for grown ups.
This is my third time to Miraval. The spa is now even more beautiful. I love the renovation. But for some reason, my treatments were not as great as they have been in the past. Especially considering how very expensive they are. My scrub was just ok. And my thai massage was a bit uncomfortable. I actually came away with a small bruise on my foot. My therapist also randomly pushed on my stomach (which I did not see coming at all). I had recently had surgery and so had some pain the rest of the trip. I told him about it and he for some reason pushed on it again. So instead of feeling relaxed, I came away a bit worried, and I still have some discomfort after my trip.
My room (600's) was beautiful. At first I thought I wouldn't like it, since it was so far away from the main facilities. It was freezing cold during our stay, so I dreaded the bitter cold walk to breakfast, etc. Also, the path was unpaved. But the room inside was gorgeous. Very spacious and contemporary. Huge bathtub & outdoor shower. The beds are the best EVER.
I was disappointed that they have started charging over $100 for classes that used to be free. I did not want to spend my daily credit on that. The spa treatments seem to have gotten more expensive as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the warm shade of the Santa Catalina Mountains in northern Tucson, on 400 acres of idyllic land, Miraval Resort & Spa is an award-winning luxury destination retreat dedicated to opening eyes, minds, and hearts. Personalized attention, sumptuous casita-style guest accommodations, and the Life in Balance Spa continuously help Miraval garner accolades from SpaFinder, Travel + Leisure, and Condé Nast Traveler.Miraval’s innovative Life in Balance Spa features unique, mind-body treatments such as Spirit Flight, Naga Thai, and Utopia. Outside of the spa, additional rejuvenating experiences such as healthful cuisine prepared by award-winning chefs, integrative wellness programs, fitness pursuits, and challenge activities are designed to physically and spiritually reconnect Miraval guests on the path to a life in balance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miraval Arizona Resort And Spa
- Miraval Arizona Hotel Tucson
- Miraval Arizona Tucson
- Miraval Life In Balance Resort Spa