Book this place.
I was so looking forward to my stay at this resort and given the accolades it has supposedly received, I had high expectations. Unfortunately, I was pretty disappointed with the overall experience - especially given the exorbitant cost - more than $700 per night including the "fees". Overall, it just felt like something was missing. You're expecting everything to be off the charts in terms of amenities, service, food - and it's so not there. Everything is about average.
To name a few things - towels and paper goods are rough and cheap, 50 minute /$150 facial went less than 45 minutes, guest service could not answer basic questions about the classes offered and knew literally nothing about any of my group's events, food portions at the restaurant were comically small, was told to " go to the locker room" before my first treatment without a tour, guidance or any further explanation, the restaurant actually closes in the middle of the day, the locker room was totally unattended - with hair in the showers, old towels, etc with no one around at all, was told spin class attendance was limited so get there early - got there early only to find out that "cards" for the class were given out and I didn't have one. Honestly, I was shocked at just how mediocre everything was.
Suggestions- provide in room afternoon amenities like juice and fruit, have personal attendants assigned to each guest, improve the quality of overall service and attention to detail, have uniforms for all staff, increase resort credit amounts, have some kind of food service in the spa, don't screw people out of time on the WAY overpriced spa treatments.
Some pros- yoga classes with Alex were very good, food was tasty, the gift shop is cute,the property was clean, the servers in the restaurant are pleasant and attentive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the warm shade of the Santa Catalina Mountains in northern Tucson, on 400 acres of idyllic land, Miraval Resort & Spa is an award-winning luxury destination retreat dedicated to opening eyes, minds, and hearts. Personalized attention, sumptuous casita-style guest accommodations, and the Life in Balance Spa continuously help Miraval garner accolades from SpaFinder, Travel + Leisure, and Condé Nast Traveler.Miraval’s innovative Life in Balance Spa features unique, mind-body treatments such as Spirit Flight, Naga Thai, and Utopia. Outside of the spa, additional rejuvenating experiences such as healthful cuisine prepared by award-winning chefs, integrative wellness programs, fitness pursuits, and challenge activities are designed to physically and spiritually reconnect Miraval guests on the path to a life in balance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miraval Arizona Resort And Spa
- Miraval Arizona Hotel Tucson
- Miraval Arizona Tucson
- Miraval Life In Balance Resort Spa