1,508 results
All reviews equine experience thai massage juice bar cardio drumming floating meditation quantum leap spirit flight challenge course aqua zen meditation classes andrew wolf photography class no tipping policy life changing personal growth mountain biking guest services
Reviewed February 26, 2012

An hour from Tucson, this remote spa resort provides an oasis where you can completely unwind and be yourself. I always think I'm going to lose those extra pounds and get fit in the few days we stay here each year, but the food is so excellent including prickly pear martini's and other exotic mixology, that whatever workouts I do can't compensate. The spa treatments are unique and spiritual, even for those who aren't - and the instructors provide guidance without pressure (workouts are hard though - Zumba is fun but exhausting!). Cell phones barely work, and aren't allowed. The villas are incredibly spacious, contemporary, luxurious with Jacuzzi's, fireplaces, large bathrooms, tubs and showers and patios look out to the majestic mountains where you can enjoy starry evenings (no light pollution here). Trails to and from villas can be adventurous (wild things and rustling keeps the adrenaline pumping).

It is an extraordinary escape. Depending on when you go, note that desert temperatures can be extreme from day to night so pack accordingly, layers work best. Rarely do guests wear much more than gym-gear, robes and a smidge of makeup so I recommend it for girl's getaway where you can be yourself. Packa swimsuit, lots of socks, shorts and long pants. Ditch the heels and glitter.

I heard the resort is going through a remodel. The low key, natural colored resort disappears against the desert backdrop. The actual reception area décor is a bit dated, but it's unpretentious and comfortable. The rooms however are amazing.

Once you've been, you'll keep going back to try out new activities (never enough time in one visit) - and that's how their 5-star service is... professional, friendly and always willing to accommodate your needs, knowing you'll be back. And, when you're heading home, you'll get a luncheon box with goodies for the trip. A nice touch!

Best: Learn from and be treated by leading wellness experts including:
Dr. Andrew Weil (wellness), Nancy Schroeder (Photography), Wyatt Webb (Equine Experience), Tony Redhouse (practitioner extraordinaire), Andrew Wolf (Exercise)
Class options and unique spa treatments.

"Miraval provides the space physically and spiritually to reconnect with oneself on the path to a life in balance."

Room Tip: Stay in a villa if you can, otherwise ask for a view room off the beaten path.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank jredwood
MiravalGM, General Manager at Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2012

Hi there - Wow! Thank you for writing about your recent stay with us! It sounds like you were able to try many of our offerings and get a well-rounded Miraval experience. I'm glad you loved staying in one of our Miraval villas! The unobstructed view of the Catalina Mountains from the villas is amazing, isn't it? Thank you again for writing - we look forward to seeing you on a return visit!

Reviewed February 23, 2012

Miraval was outstanding. I am definitely going back and recommending this spa experience to family and friends. The food is great. All the classes offered were good and the instructors were very attentive and engaging. The spa treatments were the best I ever had. I came back relaxed and refreshed.

Room Tip: Any of the rooms are good choices.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends

Hi Denise - Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay! We look forward to welcoming you back when you return. You will definitely need to come back when the new spa opens in May... it will be breathtaking!

Reviewed February 23, 2012

I have traveled to many resorts but never to a destination spa and Miraval was the perfect get-away from daily life. Choose how to spend your day...take a walk or hike, attend an exercise or mind/body class, sit by the pool or just relax and take in the sounds of nature that surround you. Don’t forget to schedule spa treatments…I highly recommend the Emergin C facial and the classic Swedish massage with the Miraval touch, both outstanding!
The food is delicious and everything is labeled with nutrition contents – how do they make the food so yummy and low cal?!? The staff is extremely attentive and were eager to assist with anything you need. The guest rooms are awesome and you won’t find a more comfortable bed! I highly recommend staying at Miraval if you’re looking for a change of pace from daily life and want to re-connect with your inner self…a wonderful spa weekend.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room near the main lobby and dining area.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends

Hi there - Thank you for taking the time to write! And thank you for all the wonderful feedback you gave. I'm glad you enjoyed the food so much during your stay - I wanted to share with you that our all new Mindful Eating Miraval cookbook is being released in May (our guests have been asking for it for 10 years!) and you can pre-order your copy now on Amazon or Barnes & Noble. It has over 200 of our Miraval recipes so now you can bring Miraval's delicious healthy food to your home. We look forward to seeing you on a return visit!

Reviewed February 19, 2012

Everyone should experience Miraval!!! There is no place better to get away from your daily life and grow within yourself. There are lots of activies for everyone. The staff and service has to be the best I have experienced. You will never sleep in a more comfortable bed anywhere!!! The total experience is like no place I have ever been and can not wait to return.

2  Thank pink0475

Hi there - Thanks so much for writing! I can hear your enthusiasm through your words and it brings a smile to my face. And I agree about our Miraval bedding - did you know you can buy it for your home in our online store? Thanks again for writing and we look forward to welcoming you back when you return!

Reviewed February 19, 2012

I am a Tucson resident and I have been going to Miraval since 2002. The past few years, every time I went there, I was slightly disappointed. I felt as if Oprah's visit gave Miraval's management enough confidence that they no longer needed to thrive for excellence. After not visiting Miraval for one whole year, I decided to take advantage of the Day Spa special. The resort is under construction and given that fact, I thought they had done a decent job re-creating a quite room. What disappointed me was that the "Spa winning lunch" had no desert but some "gronola".... What happened to the chocolate truffles? Also, the buffet gets smaller and smaller by the month. No offense to the talented Chef Justin, this is management's fault.

The staff seemed tired and uninspired, nothing compared to a few years ago.
The Spa checking area is the same as the gym where a loud miserable top 40 music is being played. I understand that there was water aerobic going on, but for God's sake, why have the music play so loud in such a serenity?

I still have not given up on this little piece of heaven and I hope we get to see some of the older touch along with the new renovations.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
9  Thank Dolatnoush

Hi there - Thank you for writing. I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed during your Day Spa visit last month and that your lunch in our Cactus Flower Restaurant was not what you had expected. I'm somewhat surprised by your feedback since the style and quantity of our lunch buffet and "chef''s daily special" has remained unchanged for as long as I can remember. Since you've been coming to Miraval since 2002, you know better than anyone how much we are looking forward to the brand new spa facility. It is going to be absolutely beautiful. I'm glad to hear that you have not given up on Miraval and look forward to welcoming you back here once the new spa opens in May.