I live in the Midwest, and my family lives in AZ. For the past 7 years, my parents and I have been meeting up annually to spend time at another popular Tucson health resort, which we loved. This year, we decided to try Miraval. The horses appealed to my Mom, and a change of pace is always what I am looking for. We were a bit nervous that Miraval would not live up to our past wonderful experiences.
WOW!!! Were we surprised and delighted to quickly learn that we had discovered the coolest place on earth! Within a day, we were completely IN LOVE with Miraval. The grounds are lush with plant life, birds, trees,flowers, outdoor sculptures/artwork, waterfalls, rocks, running water throughout the entire property... and easy to navigate as everything is basically situated within a large circle of lighted pathways. If you do happen to get lost, there is a friendly face right around the corner to happily point you in the right direction. It may be an employee, but could also easily be another guest. Everyone there is happy, relaxed, and in a good mood! The staff were ALL genuinely friendly and did not SEEM to care...they DO care. It's quite obvious, to me at least, when the opposite is true.
Food is readily available, and without a doubt, the most consistently delicious dishes I have ever had. Not just while on vacation, but EVER! I made a daily visit to the juice bar for handmade- from- scratch smoothies and freshly squeezed, organic juices. The oatmeal cookies were to die for, and surprisingly not very fattening. Everything has a little ingredient card showing calories etc., if you care to count. Lunches and dinners were gourmet, 5 star quality and a very diverse selection every night. I splurged on a Basil Lemon Gimlet one night, made with organic vodka! Delicious, delicious, delicious is all I can say about the food and drink at Miraval. (note-I lost about 5 pounds in 5 days and was constantly eating...which proves how well-balanced the cuisine is!)
My Mom loved every minute of her equine experiences with Mr. Webb and the gals at the stable. She has been an equestrian for over 60 years, and actually learned a lot from them. We both utilized all 3 pools...a lap pool for serious exercise, another one for floating around on rafts with a margarita, and a salt water reflexology pool with pebbled bottom to sooth your feet. I spent lots of time in the spa. The "Beyond Tranquility Aloe Wrap" soothed my sensitive, over-heated skin and totally lived up to its name. The "Prickly Pear Sugar Scrub" made my skin feel as soft as a newborn baby! (It hasn't felt so smooth in 50 years!) The "Ultimate" and sensitive skin facials were soothing, relaxing, and left my skin more healthy and younger looking. I loved the skillful facial massage techniques, as well as the "Back Facial", which treats your back to a thorough cleansing, exfoliation, mud mask, and essential oil massage! Ahhhhh....pampering feels so good!
But what REALLY blew me away here were the lectures and experts willing to help you to change your perspective on life. I attended the Drumming session and was lucky enough to be able to chant, dance, and drum with Tony Redhouse. Pam Lancaster's Shuniya sound therapy felt like it totally re-tuned my stressed out body. Dr. Tim Frank's Spirit Flight is beyond explanation and a very personal experience which I would strongly suggest for anyone suffering in any way. And Dr. Mark Pirtle's Skillfully Aware lecture, private session, and book have set me on my path to meditation and the very real health benefits of quieting your mind.
I could write for hours on the pros of Miraval...Soooo many more things I could compliment. And not ONE negative thing to say, which is VERY rare for me, as I am easily annoyed and have pretty high expectations. But one thing summed it all up for me as I was waiting for the airport shuttle. (always on time with friendly drivers, by the way!) In the past, I would be sad about having to end my vacation, and nervous about returning to the rat race of life. Worried that I would lose all this serenity as soon as I left the grounds. But this time, I was EXCITED to leave. Not because I wanted to leave. I could stay there forever, if possible. But excited to go back to my life with a fresh outlook, a healthier body, and new tools for coping with stress. I can't wait to go back again, but until that time, Miraval memories will keep my life in balance. THANKS MIRAVAL!!!
PS-Rooms are beautiful, comfortable, and private! Privacy is a must-have for me to relax. Beds are like sleeping on clouds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the warm shade of the Santa Catalina Mountains in northern Tucson, on 400 acres of idyllic land, Miraval Resort & Spa is an award-winning luxury destination retreat dedicated to opening eyes, minds, and hearts. Personalized attention, sumptuous casita-style guest accommodations, and the Life in Balance Spa continuously help Miraval garner accolades from SpaFinder, Travel + Leisure, and Condé Nast Traveler.Miraval’s innovative Life in Balance Spa features unique, mind-body treatments such as Spirit Flight, Naga Thai, and Utopia. Outside of the spa, additional rejuvenating experiences such as healthful cuisine prepared by award-winning chefs, integrative wellness programs, fitness pursuits, and challenge activities are designed to physically and spiritually reconnect Miraval guests on the path to a life in balance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miraval Arizona Resort And Spa
- Miraval Arizona Hotel Tucson
- Miraval Arizona Tucson
- Miraval Life In Balance Resort Spa