Where do I even begin?? Miraval is the perfect haven for anyone!! And I mean anyone!! We all deserve to have someone else "take care of us" at least a few days in our lives. The "experience" begins at Tucson Airport when the resort driver warmly greets you upon arrival with a sign with your name. I didn't have to lift a finger as he easily found my suitcase and escorted us to the "Camp Miraval (for adults)" van for our leisurely drive to the resort. It is a very different vacation experience not having to be the driver or navigator to get to our destination. I felt peaceful & at bliss and knew there was even more to come.
Upon arrival, we were greeting by very friendly and personable staff. Instead of a busy lobby, the check-in was a wonderfully leisurely experience. The staff assisting in ensuring we had our spa appointments scheduled upon arrival. The accommodations are spacious. We stayed in a beautiful Casita!! Beautiful views of the mountains and very private!! And who doesn't love an outdoor shower!! The bed was truly one of the most comfortable beds that I have ever slept in...and as a "road warrior", I have slept in many a hotels. There is nothing like cranking the air conditioner to 60 and snuggling into a perfectly weighted duvet. Yes, even in July in Tucson.
The food...ahhh...the food!!! Let's just say that who would have thought that healthy eating could be SOOOO good!!! It is not a "health only" type of dinning. The philosophy is more about portion control but is hard to do when the food is so delicious and so healthy!! At least going back for 2nds was guilt free!! Some of the items that I am still craving - quinoa salad, chilled melon soup, sweet potato pancakes...etc.!! I don't think I have ever experienced a dining experience over 4 days where EVERY single bite I had of the various items presented perfect!! And I am a bit of a foodie...
Besides the dining experience, my friend and I took advantage of the Palm Court that offered FRESH squeezed juice, smoothies, & snacks ALL DAY LONG!! For those who still want their daily cocktail, Brave Bill Lounge offers a full bar and specialty drinks. Fresh fruit martinis/mojitos & "mocktails" even making having a cocktail a healthy experience! Unlike other "health retreats", Miraval is not a "dry" resort.
The activities available are suitable for any traveler. Whether you choose to be active with a beautiful mountain biking tour of the mountains, mildly active with days filled with spa treatments, or completely non-active sitting by the pool, you feel like you fit in. There is no pressure to do the activities but once you get there, you will want to try everything!! My 3 favorite experiences on this particular trip were the Equine Experience, Quantum Leap II, and Drumming!! (see photo below) I met several other guests who were there for different reasons. To relax, to de-stress, to bond with friends, to get through a hardship, or to just "re-discover" themselves and have "me" time again, we all had the chance to create our own memories.
The spa experiences were phenomenal. Each treatment was personalized to my needs. The pool (which didn't smell like chlorine) was at a perfect temperature and my friend and I noticed it felt like "healing waters". I think it was a salt pool!!
There is so much more that I can say about Miraval but it truly needs to be experienced to understand the "magic" of Miraval.
* Don't overpack - it is not a fashion show. We had dinner every night in our bathrobe and felt very comfortable.
* Plan ahead and read up on the activities - daily activities need sign up so get up early and get your name on the list.
* Do things you never thought you would do and "let go" of the stresses and barriers.
* Don't worry about the heat - Tucson had perfect weather in July!! The monsoonal rains were brief and mainly in the evening - which made for beautiful mornings!
* Stay a minimum of 4 nights - believe me, any less and you will wish you stayed longer!
Miraval - "You won't find you anywhere else" - that pretty much says it all as I found myself again!! 4 days have truly helped me get the re-affirmation to be an even better person to not only others, but more importantly to myself!
THANK YOU MIRAVAL....my Miralove!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the warm shade of the Santa Catalina Mountains in northern Tucson, on 400 acres of idyllic land, Miraval Resort & Spa is an award-winning luxury destination retreat dedicated to opening eyes, minds, and hearts. Personalized attention, sumptuous casita-style guest accommodations, and the Life in Balance Spa continuously help Miraval garner accolades from SpaFinder, Travel + Leisure, and Condé Nast Traveler.Miraval’s innovative Life in Balance Spa features unique, mind-body treatments such as Spirit Flight, Naga Thai, and Utopia. Outside of the spa, additional rejuvenating experiences such as healthful cuisine prepared by award-winning chefs, integrative wellness programs, fitness pursuits, and challenge activities are designed to physically and spiritually reconnect Miraval guests on the path to a life in balance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miraval Arizona Resort And Spa
- Miraval Arizona Hotel Tucson
- Miraval Arizona Tucson
- Miraval Life In Balance Resort Spa