“Week of bliss!!!”

Ranked #6 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
Wisconsin
“Week of bliss!!!”
Reviewed April 25, 2011

This was my first ( not last) to Miraval. I had narrowed my destination spa choices to a handful..and with the help of Donna Adinolfi with destination spa ( Donna was WONDERFUL, I would highly recommend her )
I have been to many spas here, as well as abroad...and Miraval is hands down one of the best!!! The resort was totally full the week I went, but I was always able to sign up for lectures,book services at the spa,attend fitness classes etc.
Briefly here is a list of the good and not so good:
Good-
the food!!!!!!!
the service was fantastic, everyone was always smiling and friendly
the bedding..to die for!!
Thai massage ..ahhhhh
outdoor ginger scrub...total bliss
quantum leap...you have to do this!!!!
ALL the guest lectures...very helpful and informative (especially the vitamin lecture)
as a solo traveler I never felt uncomfortable
the juice bar!!!

Not So Good:
The basement treatment rooms in the spa have very thin walls. I had two services down there on two different days and both times I felt like the person in the next room was actually in the same room with me. My masseuse had to leave and ask them to please keep quiet. Kind of put a damper my cranial-sacral massage.

I can't wait to return!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
MiravalGM, General Manager at Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 27, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent visit with us! And thank you to Donna as well! I love hearing how many of the programs and services that you did while you were here. We take special care to offer a variety of classes, lectures, and workshops each day and appreciate when our guests take what they learned in a lecture out to the challenge course or vice versa. That's when the Miraval experience is at its finest. Thank you for letting us know your feelings about downstairs spa rooms. I've mentioned your comments to our Spa Director so that we can address it accordingly. We can't wait to have you back at Miraval soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed April 15, 2011

This was my first time at a spa and it was magical! The staff was so wonderful and helpful! They ask in a way that sounds like it would make their day to be able to serve you. While walking around the grounds you will come to someone on a golf cart who will insist on always pulling over to the side and letting you pass first. I don't know how they ever get anything done in a hurry. Whomever taught these people knew exactly what they were doing. One day, a young man came around a corner on a dirt hill and I could hear him pump the brakes as he tried to stop and apologized for not being able to. I thought it was so ridiculous that he would apologize for not getting into an accident while trying to stop. The scenery, food, service, rooms and pool are all absolutely perfect to enhance your relaxing spa experience! Enjoy! I will definitely be back for more asap!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ciaotosca
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay at Miraval! And thank you for your kind words about our team. I'm proud to have such a courteous and respectful staff and I thank you for sharing about your experience with us. It would be our pleasure have you back at Miraval again soon!
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 14, 2011

Superb fitness instructors. The fitness instructors are all long term employees who are simple fabulous. The food is excellent, the rooms beautiful, the beds wonderful and the desert spectacular. We have been going there for the last 9 years and are very happy to see the experience remains consistent. They have strong guest speakers and a wide variety of fitness classes.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
First, thank you so much for coming back to Miraval again and again over the years! It is guests like you that make this place feel so much like a home away from home. And you're right - our fitness team is fantastic and they are some of the best motivators I've ever met. We are always trying to introduce new fitness programming to keep our classes fresh, fun, and ahead of the curve so I'm glad to hear that we have been able to meet your needs on each visit to Miraval. See you when you return!
London, England
Reviewed April 14, 2011

Miraval is really an amazing place for a variety of reasons. First of all, the overall & overarching theme is the unbelievably well-trained, friendly, sympathetic and helpful staff. From the person who checks you in, to the waiters and even the service professionals (golf instructors, tennis coaches, yoga trainers, adventure activity coordinators, massage therapists, etc) - everyone is super friendly, helpful, kind, courteous and smiling, and it all came across as super genuine. People who work at Miraval appear to really enjoy it, and tend to work & stay there for a long time.

The food is amazing, tasty, healthy yet indulgent and plentiful. I really enjoyed the attention to detail everywhere, including in the food & drink. I was at Miraval for 3 nights, and although the trip from the Tucson airport is about an hour, it is well worth the journey.

I partook in the following activities, all of which were amazing: Yoga for Beginners, Tennis instruction, Golf instruction (at a nearby course), a Deep Tissue Couples Massage, two facials and an adventure activity called Quantum Leap which was phenomenal (I highly recommend it!). My partner also did a Psychic reading that she really enjoyed and would highly recommend. We met some really nice people at the resort, and I would have loved to have stayed longer to do some of the Pilates and also hang out by the lovely pool - next time i guess :-)

Rooms are gorgeous (we stayed in the new renovated 600 numbered villas, so check those out!). Our room had an outdoor shower, which was great. The staff even packed us an arrival dinner and a leaving lunch - so thoughtful! And at night you can see the stars so vividly!

Lovely, lovely place....could not recommend it more highly.

Room Tip: The newer rooms are the villas where we stayed
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank busterbuster
I can't thank you enough for sharing about your recent trip to Miraval. It's true what you said about members of our Miraval team being here for many years. It's a special place even for the staff who are here every day and we don't want to leave! I'm glad you enjoyed the spa, our food, and stepped out of the norm to head down to the challenge course for Quantum Leap. Next time we'll get you on the Zipline or Desert Tightrope! We look forward to having you back again at Miraval soon.
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed April 13, 2011

You just have to experience Miraval--it's hard to describe the effect it has on you. We stayed two nights, and I wished it could have been a week. It combines the best of two worlds--like camping in a five star resort. And you can wear your bathrobe to dinner--my kind of place. You can do all the activities, or just enjoy the property and the surrounding natural beauty.

Room Tip: The 500 rooms are my favorite.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank 3x5card
MiravalGM, General Manager at Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 21, 2011
Thank you so much for sharing about your experience. I especially loved your description that staying at Miraval is like "camping in a five star resort." Similar to a camping trip, Miraval is a total escape where you don't look at your watch, computers, or cell phones and instead just live in the moment. We hope to have you back again soon. We have some great rates and packages for AZ residents this summer!
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed April 11, 2011

From the minute I passed through the gates at Miraval, the stress just started melting away. Even though my business partner & I were there for a busines retreat, it never felt like we were working - just making a difference. Is it the staff? Is it the magical ambience/setting? Was it the baby owls in the tree? Was it the falcons in the tree right outside of our room? What makes Miraval such an outstanding, relaxing, inspiring and healing place? Maybe it's the "Anything I need" button on the phone in the room. Or could it have been the outstanding food, including the afternoon ultimate treat - chocolate chips cookies?Maybe it was our patio that looked out on nothing but trees & bushes in bloom. Or maybe not hearing anyone talking loudly on their cell phones because that is not permitted?

Is? Was? My conclusion that this stay at Miraval was ideal. It IS an ideal place to put the crazy busy world behind me and it is where I can find me. Our retreat was productive, filled with creativity and excitement and possibility. I am truly grateful for this magical place and plan to return with my team in the months to come.

What I liked least was leaving.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Gina1950
Wow. As I read your words, I can actually feel the relaxation that you felt at Miraval. The baby owls and hawks are some of the unexpected natural treasures that we find throughout the year on property - soon enough, the hummingbirds will be out again this year to inspire us. We so look forward to having you and your team back at Miraval soon!
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed April 6, 2011

My husband and I spent 5 days here in early March. We loved it and are planning to return and celebrate some future wedding anniversary. We met couples, groups of friends, singles. Everyone seemed extremely comfortable. The atmosphere is so conducive to relaxation, introspection, and conviviality. The all inclusive nature adds to the relaxing ambience. One never need think of leaving, because Miraval offers so much. Rooms were comfortable--we stayed in the Catalina casitas. The food was healthy AND delicious. The staff is delightful. The spa treatments were wonderful. The "experiences" were life changing. We hiked, did yoga, meditated, worked out, laid in the sun, and learned a lot about ourselves.We had a great time reconnecting with each other and met some terrific people.

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank cmz112
bpurvis1, General Manager at Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 14, 2011
Thank you for so many kind words! It's wonderful to hear about your trip with your husband and that you were able to reconnect at Miraval. I hope you do come back to celebrate a wedding anniversary in the future - we'd love to have you back!