“The greatest spa experience anywhere”

Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
New York City, New York
“The greatest spa experience anywhere”
Reviewed April 14, 2011

Superb fitness instructors. The fitness instructors are all long term employees who are simple fabulous. The food is excellent, the rooms beautiful, the beds wonderful and the desert spectacular. We have been going there for the last 9 years and are very happy to see the experience remains consistent. They have strong guest speakers and a wide variety of fitness classes.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
MiravalGM, General Manager at Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 27, 2011
First, thank you so much for coming back to Miraval again and again over the years! It is guests like you that make this place feel so much like a home away from home. And you're right - our fitness team is fantastic and they are some of the best motivators I've ever met. We are always trying to introduce new fitness programming to keep our classes fresh, fun, and ahead of the curve so I'm glad to hear that we have been able to meet your needs on each visit to Miraval. See you when you return!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
London, England
Reviewed April 14, 2011

Miraval is really an amazing place for a variety of reasons. First of all, the overall & overarching theme is the unbelievably well-trained, friendly, sympathetic and helpful staff. From the person who checks you in, to the waiters and even the service professionals (golf instructors, tennis coaches, yoga trainers, adventure activity coordinators, massage therapists, etc) - everyone is super friendly, helpful, kind, courteous and smiling, and it all came across as super genuine. People who work at Miraval appear to really enjoy it, and tend to work & stay there for a long time.

The food is amazing, tasty, healthy yet indulgent and plentiful. I really enjoyed the attention to detail everywhere, including in the food & drink. I was at Miraval for 3 nights, and although the trip from the Tucson airport is about an hour, it is well worth the journey.

I partook in the following activities, all of which were amazing: Yoga for Beginners, Tennis instruction, Golf instruction (at a nearby course), a Deep Tissue Couples Massage, two facials and an adventure activity called Quantum Leap which was phenomenal (I highly recommend it!). My partner also did a Psychic reading that she really enjoyed and would highly recommend. We met some really nice people at the resort, and I would have loved to have stayed longer to do some of the Pilates and also hang out by the lovely pool - next time i guess :-)

Rooms are gorgeous (we stayed in the new renovated 600 numbered villas, so check those out!). Our room had an outdoor shower, which was great. The staff even packed us an arrival dinner and a leaving lunch - so thoughtful! And at night you can see the stars so vividly!

Lovely, lovely place....could not recommend it more highly.

Room Tip: The newer rooms are the villas where we stayed
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank busterbuster
I can't thank you enough for sharing about your recent trip to Miraval. It's true what you said about members of our Miraval team being here for many years. It's a special place even for the staff who are here every day and we don't want to leave! I'm glad you enjoyed the spa, our food, and stepped out of the norm to head down to the challenge course for Quantum Leap. Next time we'll get you on the Zipline or Desert Tightrope! We look forward to having you back again at Miraval soon.
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed April 13, 2011

You just have to experience Miraval--it's hard to describe the effect it has on you. We stayed two nights, and I wished it could have been a week. It combines the best of two worlds--like camping in a five star resort. And you can wear your bathrobe to dinner--my kind of place. You can do all the activities, or just enjoy the property and the surrounding natural beauty.

Room Tip: The 500 rooms are my favorite.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank 3x5card
MiravalGM, General Manager at Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 21, 2011
Thank you so much for sharing about your experience. I especially loved your description that staying at Miraval is like "camping in a five star resort." Similar to a camping trip, Miraval is a total escape where you don't look at your watch, computers, or cell phones and instead just live in the moment. We hope to have you back again soon. We have some great rates and packages for AZ residents this summer!
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed April 11, 2011

From the minute I passed through the gates at Miraval, the stress just started melting away. Even though my business partner & I were there for a busines retreat, it never felt like we were working - just making a difference. Is it the staff? Is it the magical ambience/setting? Was it the baby owls in the tree? Was it the falcons in the tree right outside of our room? What makes Miraval such an outstanding, relaxing, inspiring and healing place? Maybe it's the "Anything I need" button on the phone in the room. Or could it have been the outstanding food, including the afternoon ultimate treat - chocolate chips cookies?Maybe it was our patio that looked out on nothing but trees & bushes in bloom. Or maybe not hearing anyone talking loudly on their cell phones because that is not permitted?

Is? Was? My conclusion that this stay at Miraval was ideal. It IS an ideal place to put the crazy busy world behind me and it is where I can find me. Our retreat was productive, filled with creativity and excitement and possibility. I am truly grateful for this magical place and plan to return with my team in the months to come.

What I liked least was leaving.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Gina1950
Wow. As I read your words, I can actually feel the relaxation that you felt at Miraval. The baby owls and hawks are some of the unexpected natural treasures that we find throughout the year on property - soon enough, the hummingbirds will be out again this year to inspire us. We so look forward to having you and your team back at Miraval soon!
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed April 6, 2011

My husband and I spent 5 days here in early March. We loved it and are planning to return and celebrate some future wedding anniversary. We met couples, groups of friends, singles. Everyone seemed extremely comfortable. The atmosphere is so conducive to relaxation, introspection, and conviviality. The all inclusive nature adds to the relaxing ambience. One never need think of leaving, because Miraval offers so much. Rooms were comfortable--we stayed in the Catalina casitas. The food was healthy AND delicious. The staff is delightful. The spa treatments were wonderful. The "experiences" were life changing. We hiked, did yoga, meditated, worked out, laid in the sun, and learned a lot about ourselves.We had a great time reconnecting with each other and met some terrific people.

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank cmz112
bpurvis1, General Manager at Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 14, 2011
Thank you for so many kind words! It's wonderful to hear about your trip with your husband and that you were able to reconnect at Miraval. I hope you do come back to celebrate a wedding anniversary in the future - we'd love to have you back!
Plano, Texas
Reviewed March 29, 2011

Loved my time at Miraval. The food is fresh, delicious, inventive and beautiful. In a very safe non judgmental environment I was able to explore activities that at one time were my passion. I was able to revisit my love for riding and tennis. I also throughly enjoyed yoga, mediations and chi gong. The classroom time was also very inspiring. It felt like the best playground ever. The pools are serene and relaxing and the spa services are top notch. The people that work at Miraval are very special - n awesome group of creative, talented and passionate people. Cindy at the juice bar was especially nice as she made all of us fresh juices on demand. Miraval offers so much and I have just shared my limited experience. Can hardly wait to go again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Rlellis
bpurvis1, General Manager at Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 4, 2011
I love that you describe Miraval as a "safe and non-judgmental" place to explore. I'm so glad that you were able to revisit your love for riding and tennis and that you found value in our many other classes and lectures. We take such joy in helping people re-discover themselves and it seems as though you were able to do just that. Thank you for sharing about your experience and I hope you'll come visit us again soon. I can promise you that there's so much more to experience at Miraval!
Manassas, Virginia
Reviewed March 29, 2011

We checked in to Miraval Rresort & Spa earlier than check in time and were allowed to wander the beautiful grounds, swim if we wanted to and even have a meal. The food there is amazing; delicious and healthy, plenty of variety for vegetarians and meat eaters alike. Their spa portions are more reasonable for a healthy lifestyle and afforded us room to try different things. We all three found lots of food that was to our liking; were treated like royalty, given anything we asked for. There is a smoothie bar that is fresh and made to order. Each person is given a spa credit for each night you stay and we all enjoyed massages and pedicures. My massage was outside at night with a beautiful full moon visable from the casita. The main area is beautifully decorated and relaxing with fireplaces and quiet areas. There is an abundance of classes, most of which are free, from yoga and meditation to guided horseback riding to water aerobics. They also offer more challenging adventures like a zip line and climbing wall. I very much enjoyed the no cell phone policy :) I can't wait to book my next visist there.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bikegoddess
Thank you for sharing about your trip. I'm glad that you enjoyed the dining experience at Miraval. Our culinary team is outstanding and manage to make our food healthy and decadent all at the same time. I'm constantly amazed. Also, it's nice to hear about your evening massage in our Outdoor Treatment Rooms - I always recommend people try and book a service outdoors if it's available. We can't wait to see you back at Miraval again soon!