Prior to leaving for Miraval I read some of the negative comments for the previous 6 weeks. As expected I was very apprehensive and copied some of the excerpts from the negative comments and sent to Miraval. I received a response within 24 hours with some explainations of the complaints. None the less I was very apprehensive upon arrival as I had planned the trip with 2 other girl friends/nurses.
We were informed our room would not be ready until 3pm, we arrived at 12N and our room was ready. We were greeted at the entrance gate by 2 workers (one took our car and transported all of our luggage and a receptionist who escorted us around the grounds and to our room). We did not depart until 7pm on the day we were to leave and check out time was 11am. We were told Miraval would store our luggage and we could participate in any activities we wished.
We had NO difficulty scheduling classes. Miraval had added additional classes that were popular to accomodate most everyone. One class for the 6am - 8am hike was quickly filled, but we were told to show for a class that was full b/c someone usally did not show.
We stayed in room 121 and did not experience any noise from construction. When walking to the spa I could hear a piece of large equipment backing up but was unsure if it was on Miraval property or that adjoining. We only experienced minor problems (3 people to a room and only 2 coffee cups, 2 chairs on the balcony and 2 water glasses). It would have been nice to have the 3rd item. I did ask for the first day and the cups were added but removed the next day. One night at dinner we had a problem getting served d/t chatty waiter and had to ask on 3 separate occasions for our meal.
There was a button on the phone that said "anything you need" and that seemed to be the way things went. We never turned on the TV and we attended toooo many classes. Our biggest decision was to attend interesting classes or lay by the pool. Usually the classes won out.
It seems to me Miraval may be experiencing some growing pains but we will certainly return. It seems they have responded to the negative criticism by adding classes, etc. On a 1-10 scale, we would rate it >9.5.
Hope this review helps from an apprehensive guest who read the negative reviews just days before our arrival to Miraval.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the warm shade of the Santa Catalina Mountains in northern Tucson, on 400 acres of idyllic land, Miraval Resort & Spa is an award-winning luxury destination retreat dedicated to opening eyes, minds, and hearts. Personalized attention, sumptuous casita-style guest accommodations, and the Life in Balance Spa continuously help Miraval garner accolades from SpaFinder, Travel + Leisure, and Condé Nast Traveler.Miraval’s innovative Life in Balance Spa features unique, mind-body treatments such as Spirit Flight, Naga Thai, and Utopia. Outside of the spa, additional rejuvenating experiences such as healthful cuisine prepared by award-winning chefs, integrative wellness programs, fitness pursuits, and challenge activities are designed to physically and spiritually reconnect Miraval guests on the path to a life in balance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miraval Arizona Resort And Spa
- Miraval Arizona Hotel Tucson
- Miraval Arizona Tucson
- Miraval Life In Balance Resort Spa