“Another amazing visit - and now my husband is hooked on CR!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tucson
Canyon Ranch in Tucson
Ranked #2 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
Vancouver
“Another amazing visit - and now my husband is hooked on CR!”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I have been to Canyon Ranch with a friend, as a solo traveller and on this most recent 10 day stay in June, with my husband.

Canyon Ranch caters to much more than the stereotypical group of ladies on a quest to be pampered in a top notch spa while they "eat clean". Although there is some of that, it seems that everyone I speak with on the ranch comes with a different goal - be it spiritual, medical, relationships, fitness, pampering or a good customized mix of all of the above - and Canyon Ranch manages to deliver on everyone's objectives.

Across my trips just some of my goals have been: to detox, to quit smoking, to get my golf short game tuned up, to drop out and de-stress, to shake up old the workout routine, to re-kickstart great eating habits, etc... What is amazing is that one destination can consistently over deliver on whatever goal I can come up with. That paired with the fact that I truly feel like I am on vacation but instead of say Europe or Hawaii, where I come back from holiday with an extra 5lbs clinging on my mid-section and a hangover, I come back from Canyon Ranch feeling healthy, happy and ready to conquer almost anything.

It is very much worth noting that my husband - who had some minor reservations about 10 days on the Ranch - absolutely loved it and is looking forward to heading back down before the end of the year (and could easily enjoy a longer stay than 10 days). The sports options (Wallyball, Pickleball, Biking, Hiking, Golf, Tennis, etc), "try new things" classes and the amazing gym & Men's Locker Room/Spa Lounge paired with relaxing poolside, catching World Cup matches in the killer TV room with other cool guests and consistently great & healthy meals resulted in a trip he very much enjoyed, a few pounds gone, upped muscle mass and a general sense of feeling fantastic.

As other reviewers mention:

The food is wonderful

The staff are exceptional (special shout-outs to Edgar who took such amazing care of us, the entire crew at The Double U who were just plain fantastic, the diverse and best-in-class instructors who are all incredible and the often overlooked but always helpful & friendly locker room/spa lounge attendants)

The rooms are simple and a bit dark to offset the insane desert heat, but spotless & very comfortable

Note to first time guests:

The shared laundry rooms are convenient and the spa is well stocked with toiletries you may need, so when you think about your packing list keep it VERY light. I always feel as though I have overpacked - even in just a small carry on. I have an overly honed packing list - message me and I can provide it if you are interested.

Note to all guests:

Please follow the rules, if for no other reason, out of respect of your fellow CR visitors. There is a no cell phone policy in public spaces which I saw way too many people ignore This rule helps to maintain the sanctity of the experience. I promise you that your call from a co-worker, your spouse or your sister is no more or less important than any call another person would get who, out of respect for all in ear shot, calls back from their room or in a designated cell phone area.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, upgrade to an Executive Suite for extra space to spread out - especially for l...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank VancouverTheHair
crsocial, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
It is gratifying to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your most recent stay. Canyon Ranch prides itself on offering something for everyone, including our male guests. As you and your husband describe, we have an extensive menu of activities with skill and challenge to please every fitness and sports enthusiast. It will be my pleasure to pass on your kind words to Edgar and the entire Double U Café crew. The Double U is a favorite dining choice for many of our guests. You are correct, you will not need a vacation from your vacation when you visit Canyon Ranch, and gain a true appreciation of how enjoyable a healthy lifestyle can be. Thank you for sharing your experience and the tips for future Canyon Ranch travelers. We look forward to welcoming you both again this fall.
Kyle Treat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed June 26, 2014

My friends and I have a girls trip every year to "The Ranch", we have had between 6-16 ladies on this trip and every year it never disappoints. We work out, try new fitness classes and spa services, learn new healthy alternatives for meals at "Lunch and Learn", play Bingo for prizes and so much more! The variety offered has something for everyone and we walk away feeling rejuvenated and refreshed ready to take on the rest of the year! The staff is amazing and do a great job of making the stay perfect!

A tip that works for us...

We always arrive early on the first day ready to workout and get started so we can maximize our stay. I also find taking fitness classes in the morning, having lunch and a spa treatment in the afternoon is a great way to spend my day!

I don't think you can go wrong choosing Canyon Ranch!

Room Tip: Casitas are beautiful and perfect for groups
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
It is our pleasure to welcome your ladies group each year and I thank you for sharing your strategies for a wonderful group getaway. Thank you for your review and we truly appreciate your loyalty to Canyon Ranch in Tucson. See you next year.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 23, 2014

I brought my mother here for her 60th birthday to celebrate but also to restore myself after a stressful couple of months. I didn't know what to expect but Canyon Ranch exceeded any expectations I may have had. From the delicious food to the magical surroundings in the Tucson desert, to the positive energy from the staff and fellow ranchers. It was amazing! We had a wonderful room located in the 100s near the Clubhouse, Spa, cafe, basically everything. I throughly enjoyed all the lectures and workshops I attended; the yoga, morning walks, Zumba...did I say the food was amazing? I will definitely be back. I feel restored, renewed, healthy and ready to jump back into my daily life with tools to help manage any stress that may arise. Thanks Canyon Ranch! P.S. - Canyon Ranch has the best staff ever!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Christina S
crsocial, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
We are delighted you and your mother chose to spend her 60th birthday celebration with us at Canyon Ranch Tucson. What better gift than a Mother/Daughter getaway seeking improved health and wellness. Loved your review title – right on point for what our staff prides themselves on providing for our guests. Thank you for the fine compliments and I look forward to sharing your “amazing” review with our staff.
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Canyon Ranch met my expectations and then some. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay and feel revitalized and rejuvenated. I went alone, which allowed me to focus on my health and wellness. You will meet many friendly people and there are others who come solo as well. I would advise anyone visiting for the first time to research the options available to you online before you arrive. If you arrive in the morning, get a locker at the spa and have your athletic apparel with you to change into. Then you can take a class and have lunch, if your room isn't ready. This is a destination I have thought about visiting and finally treated myself to it. Best decision I made.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank 194lindam
crsocial, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Proposed response:
Thank you for your review and we are delighted we exceeded your expectations. It is particularly gratifying to know you were able to focus on your health as we pride ourselves in being more than a vacation but a personal wellness adventure. TripAdvisor readers and first time guests will benefit from your wise suggestions. It will be our pleasure to welcome you again in the future.
Marina del Rey, United States
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I just spent five fantastic days at this location, with my grown daughter, and I will return again, I had visited the ranch 22 years ago as a solo traveler, and have been to other types of spa/resorts since that time. But, this visit convinced me that Canyon Ranch is a one of a kind. Everything from the rooms, fitness facilities, day and evening seminars, superb food, opportunities to work with a variety of therapists and medical personnel, and.....yes, some pampering treatments, all contribute to the focus on living a healthy mental and physical lifestyle. If you have not added it to your "To Do " list, do it now!

Room Tip: Personally, I like to walk abit to get to each building. The outer roomw afford this opportunity.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Ann S
crsocial, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
It was a pleasure to have you visit again and this time with your daughter. As a frequent spa and resort traveler we truly appreciate your kind words and are pleased you enjoyed your Canyon Ranch health and wellness focused vacation. We look forward to welcoming you both again very soon.
San Diego, California
Reviewed June 7, 2014

A stay at Canyon Ranch is truly a special treat. It is a great place if you are traveling solo, or with friends, with a spouse or with adult children. I've been to Canyon Ranch by myself and as a woman I felt safe and secure. I've been with friends and what is nice that the ranch offers so many activities that everyone's interests are satisfied. You can do your own thing and then meet up for meals.
When I visit Canyon Ranch my main activity is going on their hikes. The hiking guides take the guests off the property for the hike and provide you with a backpack with water and snacks.
The food at the ranch is delicious, healthy and plentiful. You will not be starving.
The rooms are very nicely appointed and tranquil.
There are plenty of men at the ranch. So if you are a male, you will not feel out of place and you will have plenty of activities to suit your interests.
I love this place! I have been to the ranch many times and plan on returning again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lov2TravelSanDiego
crsocial, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
We love that you love Canyon Ranch! We agree that it is a great place for both men and women to enjoy an active and rejuvenating vacation. And I’m thrilled that our extensive schedule of spectacular multi-level guided hikes and tours continues to bring you back (along with the delicious food!). On behalf of our entire staff, I thank you for your loyalty and for sharing your kind words and recommendations with TripAdvisor. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Canyon Ranch truly is my favorite place. I just returned from my 15th trip. I try to go once a year to restore, renew and rejuvenate. Even though I have been a number of times each trip is completely different than the last. Needs to be on everyone's bucket list. If you go once, you will definitely go back!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Esandpat
crsocial, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Your loyalty to Canyon Ranch is truly appreciated. It is our passion to provide the ultimate health and wellness vacation experience. Thank you sharing your enthusiasm with TripAdvisor. See you again soon.