“blissful”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tucson
Canyon Ranch in Tucson
Ranked #2 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
Peoria, Illinois
“blissful”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

What a wonderful experience. We picked the perfect location to enjoy nothing but tranquility. Do as much as you want or as little as you want. It's all about you and just being pampered. One lady said she's been there 61 times. That's twice a year. How fortunate she is and who would blame her. You must give this a try, it's fabulous.

Room Tip: I had a delightful room, next door to my friend. Just perfect. Always clean.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank blissfu33
crsocial, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
We appreciate you sharing your feeling of bliss and being pampered. Taking time to relax and slow down to focus on yourself is equally important as being physically fit and eating for wellness. It will be our pleasure to welcome you again in the future.
Kyle Treat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Somerville, New Jersey
Reviewed April 22, 2014

My husband and I spent a glorious week at Canyon Ranch. We ate wonderful vegetarian fare(though there was steak,fish,and poultry on the menu), hiked,took fitness classes,attended lectures and relaxed by the pools (there are 3!). The staff at the Life Enhancement Center are fabulous! They went out of their way to make our stay hassle free and enjoyable!
Not to be missed is anything that is being run by Julie Haber and her staff at the spiritual wellness center. She set up a very special ceremony for us to renew and celebrate our marriage of 35 years. She brings a warm,loving,calm energy to all that she does. Attending her talks was a highlight of our time at Canyon Ranch. We are hoping to attend the Spirituality Week next spring. We cannot wait to see the new Spirituality Center and healing gardens,currently under construction, that will be completed in 6 months!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Donna P
crsocial, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Congratulations on your 35th wedding anniversary! We are delighted you chose to spend the celebration of your marriage at Canyon Ranch. Yes, Julie Haber and her team are remarkable. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Life Enhancement Center’s unique program and your lovely renewal ceremony. We also look forward to the new Spirituality Center and the beautiful gardens; and it will be our pleasure to welcome you both back next spring so we may all wish you yet another very happy anniversary.
Amherst, New York
Reviewed April 20, 2014

A five night stay from April 5-10, 2014 left me wanting more. There is something here that will appeal to EVERYONE, regardless of your physical, mental or emotional state upon arrival. If you think about what kind of experience you want to have before you get here, it will be easier to make decisions on how to spend your day/time. You can go "physical" by starting your day with a 6:30am group walk followed by non-stop hourly classes for cardio/strength training. Mix it up with some yoga and dance classes as well as water aerobics to keep it fun. The "adventurer" will enjoy hikes in the canyon/hills/mountain, bike rides, ropes course. The "soul searcher" will benefit from a wide variety of spirtual experiences - my personal favorite being Healing Touch! The "education seeker" will thoroughly enjoy the numerous opportunities to expand your horizons...from cooking demonstrations/classes, lectures on a variety of topics (health related, etc. - loved learning about the impact of sleep on the brain and impact of Feng Shui on my livng space). To those "creative" folks (not me, I am afraid!) many raved about the classes that allowed even non-experienced individuals to enjoy making jewelry, painting, plants, photography and more. The staff at CR is fabulous - from top to bottom. They truly want to make your experience one that will bring you back again and again. It worked...I am already planning a September trip to the Lenox, MA sister resort. Oh, by the way....the massages and spa treatments are a FABULOUS way to wnd down your day and really treat yourself to something special!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Nancy P
crsocial, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you for your pre-arrival suggestions, they are spot on. And, even if you think you know what you would like to do, the menu of activities and fitness offerings are such that you can add or change your plans as you explore our wellness vacation opportunities. Though you may not think you are creative, our guests say the creative arts classes in the evening have the added value of lots of smiles and meeting new friends. I will once again have the pleasure of thanking our staff for providing you and all of our wonderful guests with the ultimate wellness vacation. Enjoy the Berkshires location in Lenox, MA; they have many unique fitness and treatment offerings you will enjoy. Have a wonderful summer and I invite you back to Canyon Ranch Tucson again very soon.
Seattle, WA
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I love the Canyon Ranch property, amenities and the staff. You can be as pampered or left alone as you like.
The Food: I am a picky eater and I NEVER had a disappointing meal in 21 tries. Between meals you can grab snacks to go and you can even get a lunch to go on your departure day. The portions are small, but they never balk if you order extra. Two desserts? No problem.

The Activities: every hour there are free aerobic, stretching, and weight-training classes in both old and new philosophies. There is Wallyball (volleyball in a racket ball court) twice a day for just pure fun. Tennis, pickleball, cycling, and swimming. There are guided hikes and bike rides or you can set out on your own.

The Spa: every kind of massage invented, facials, manies and pedies, mud baths, hot tubs, cold tubs, saunas, etc. Hair and make-up makeovers. These items to cost more, but well worth it.

Health and Fitness: complete fitness testing to maximize your athletic prowess. Health programs for the overweight, diabetic, those with heart disease, chronic fatigue, etc.

Lectures on healthy topics, stargazing, or Bingo every night. Cooking classes, arts classes, spiritual classes.

The grounds are beautiful; they don't try to make it green in the desert, but various pieces of art work are strewn throughout the property. Thank goodness for no cell phones in public areas.

All of the staff were friendly and helpful. With one notable exception, all the guests are friendly.

I will definitely be returning, but for a bit longer. In 6 days you get used to the increased activity and low calorie food. If you leave on day 7 you don't get as much benefit as if you can increase your stay a bit.

This is NOT for people who want to drink, eat fatty foods and watch TV during vacation but for people who want to feel better at the end of their vacation and get a jump start, or a restart, on healthy living.

Room Tip: I've been in the 100's and the 700's; everything is well-laid out so I don't think t...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sinnet33
crsocial, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
We hear the comparison to Disneyland for adults often. If you think of your childhood experience at Disneyland and the wonder of so many fun things to do, busy all day with one adventure after another and the feeling of exhilaration, you can see the similarity. At Canyon Ranch we want your wellness vacation to be fun and we enjoy motivating our guests during their adventure! Your review highlights how you enjoyed an active week and had the opportunity to enjoy our other guests during many of the social activities. Thank you for sharing your positive experience with TripAdvisor and our entire staff, we truly appreciate your compliments. See you again soon.
Healthy Regards,
Thomasville, Georgia
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I sensed I needed Canyon Ranch - not sure how I knew it was going to help or exactly how it would manifest, but it did help and I now know how. The Ranch brings together an array of services that re-educate, re-direct, re-invigorate, and allow recovery of a life that may be on a still alterable course toward suboptimal health and disquieting psychological unease. It was challenging, yet fun. I learned so much about exercise, nutrition, where I was in my life, and, along the way, caught a glimpse of how important a life with proper balance of mind, body and spirit will be for me as I transition into my last 20 or so years. I want all of the people I love to go to Canyon Ranch ... all my health care providers ... all my colleagues and partners ... and truly wish the philosophy of Canyon Ranch could take hold nationwide/worldwide as well as be applied to our healthcare system as an integrative means to enhance quality of life. I fully intend to return.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Terry C
crsocial, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
You are very welcome; and we are delighted your Canyon Ranch experience will have a long lasting impact on your life. Our mission is to provide more than a vacation but insights, strategies and tools to bring greater health, vitality and happiness into your life. Thank you for stating so eloquently in your comments what we strive to accomplish each day. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back again very soon.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I am a 24 year old male and stayed here for 4 nights. Before visiting, admittedly, I wasn't sure if this place would be "for me", but it has now become--quite easily--a new favorite vacation destination. First, I'm not the type of person to get online and submit reviews for things I've done, places I've eaten, or places I've been, but I am gladly putting forth this effort for Canyon Ranch because of how awesome the trip was.

Initially, I wasn't sure if Canyon Ranch attracted the young crowd and people who were more into outdoor activities vs spa activities, and wow, was I wrong. Canyon Ranch has something for everyone; if you want, you can go on guided hikes every day or pamper yourself in the spa (or both!). As it turns out, this place certainly does attract a younger crowd because it is a great place to spend quality time with family, learn new exercises, and a chance to learn how to truly eat healthy. I will address as many aspects (based on my experience) as I can about Canyon Ranch for the rest of this review:

The Staff: All of my interactions with the staff were wonderful; they were polite and treat you like royalty (I'd bet this is what it's like!). They were all so kind and let me take a late check-out at 4pm (and they packed me a lunch to take with me...I mean wow, how nice is that???)

The fitness classes: The instructors are enthusiastic and more than willing to help you with your form, but they aren't overbearing about it. I was amazed by the variation of fitness related classes Canyon Ranch offers: stretching, foam rolling (highly recommend), yoga (many variations), spinning classes (highly recommend), and cardio/resistance training classes (called "Muscle Max"--a great workout). If you're new to exercise or want to brush up on it, they have classes for beginners and the instructors are very helpful and patient--they want to see you get the most out of your trip! I've been lifting and cycling since high school (2004) now and I thought I knew all of the best ways to train my body and remain flexible, but Canyon Ranch showed me many new techniques that I have now implemented into my everyday workouts.

The cooking classes: I took an "Express meals" cooking class with my mom. The demonstration chef's name was Shawn Brisby and he is a very talented, engaging, and funny dude. He made the class very enjoyable and, just as in the fitness courses, I learned many cool new techniques to use everyday in the kitchen.

The hiking: My mom and I went on several hikes with a guy named Ben as our hiking guide (I don't know his last name). Ben is such an awesome dude and is very knowledgeable about the area and the wildlife, so not only do you get to hike throughout beautiful Tucson you can also learn about the ecosystem there. The hiking experience really highlighted how great Canyon Ranch is because they pack water for you and pack you your own lunch, which is delicious! They take care of everything!

Bike trip to farmer's market: Every Saturday there is a farmer's market set up in Tucson. One of the activities takes you on a guided bike ride through Tucson on a paved trail and then you can hang out at the farmer's market afterwards and buy delicious snacks and coffee. Highly recommend.

The gym: This is, hands down, the most beautiful gym I've ever been in. I've been to many different gyms since ~2004, and the equipment here is simply top-notch. Have you ever been on a machine in the gym and thought to yourself, "hmm, this doesn't feel very good/doesn't seem to be targeting the muscles it says it should..." Well, you definitely won't be saying that here because the machines are such high quality. Moreover, the gym has everything you need: well-maintained cardio equipment, free weights, benches, smith machine, squat rack, weighted straight bars, leg press (a very nice one), cable/lat pull down tower, and a very nice/clean stretching room.

The food/dining experience: The food options at Canyon Ranch are impeccable. I'm convinced that if one stayed here for a month, then this person would come home looking like a Greek god or goddess. Everything is cooked fresh to order, low sodium, and delicious. If you're like me and have a large appetite, they will gladly accommodate your level of hunger! You will not be disappointed when it comes to the food here; they offer all types of food and have chicken breasts and grilled salmon ala carte, which is very tasty. Canyon Ranch has found the perfect balance between healthy and delicious in their food. Last but not least, the coffee is so good--why doesn't my coffee taste this good...? Oh Canyon Ranch, how you've spoiled me...

The grounds: Beautiful and tranquil. Running water, colorful flowers, pristine cacti species and other plant native to the southwest.

Final notes: To put it plainly, if you haven't been here before, you will be kicking yourself for not trying it out sooner. Yes, it is on the expensive side, but when you consider everything Canyon Ranch offers you (food is completely taken care of!) and how magnificently they treat you, it becomes abundantly clear that it is, in fact, well worth the money. Your body and mind will thank you! As the other reviews say, this place certainly lives up to--and beyond--its reputation. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Jeff S
jharrison2012, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you for sharing such a detailed summary of your first experience at Canyon Ranch. It is a joy to hear this was a trip you took with your mother -- what a great vacation to share with her. It sounds like you both have valued healthy and wellness in your lives and this trip was an adventure into how a Canyon Ranch vacation is filled with health minded fun and fitness for both men and women of all ages and levels of fitness. I appreciate your mentioning some of the staff by name and it will be my pleasure to share your comments with them. The ropes course, golf center, hiking and many other active fitness activities await you on your return visit. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed April 5, 2014

After a full week trying everything I could from spa treatments to workouts and yoga, watercolor and meals with friends all trying to improve, I came out with new vigor for improving my health and life. Their programs are very full and can challenge you at any level. The food was interesting and it was easy to lose some pounds and still enjoy the variety.
Their direction toard meditation for enhancing many areas of life was a welcome reminder of how I want to be.
This is a very very good place.

Room Tip: All good! I think all the rooms look great. I saw several of them and they were different but equiva...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Feedback such as this is what motivates us each and every day to provide the best possible experience for our guests. It is rewarding to hear that your stay has not only been a wonderful vacation but you feel rejuvenated and healthier due to your time spent with us. I am happy you took advantage of the many expansive menu activities and tried a variety of them. Thank you for sharing your experience at Canyon Ranch Tucson and we hope to welcome you back again on your next trip to the United States.