“Totally Brilliant - First Class”

Canyon Ranch in Tucson
Ranked #2 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed October 9, 2013

If you are looking for a health and wellbeing resort then look no further. This place is truly wonderful. It's ethos is one of integrative medicine - holistically looking at the whole person - physically, emotionally, spiritually and nutritionally.

Every lecture I attended and every class I participated in was first class. The level of expertise, kindness and support is extraordinary. You can fill every hour of every day if you want to - in fact it's tempting to over schedule and not take some time out to simply sit by the pool and relax.

The resort itself is in the Sonoran Desert so for me, coming from England, this extraordinary landscape was fascinating. The heat felt healing, never oppressive, and the wonderful storms that often lit up the afternoon sky were amazing. If you believe in healing energy from the environment then you will find it here.

The rooms are large and extremely comfortable. The food is delicious and plentiful with every calorie and gram of protein, fat and carbohydrate counted for you. It's all organic and so delicious - and best of all it's good for you!

I learned a great deal about health and fitness - attending lectures on everything from heart disease to improving sleep. I am really trying to use this information and keep up the good work I started now I'm home. If you want to read my blog of my stay go to maxinedorcas.com on Wordpress and you can find it.

I can't wait to return.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
jharrison2012, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Thank you for your thoughtful review and for the detailed recap of your vacation on your personal blog. Your posts are a great representation of just how adventurous and enlightening a vacation at Canyon Ranch Tucson can be. I’m delighted we could provide you with so many healthy take-home strategies and encourage you to continue practicing your new found healthy habits. We look forward to welcoming you back!

There are newer reviews for Canyon Ranch in Tucson

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I just returned from a 4 day package at Canyon Ranch. The more I go (our family goes every year), the more I love the Ranch. We even looked into the membership, which makes sense if you go every year for a week.The resort and grounds are beautiful and serene, food delicious and healthy..breakfast burrito delicious and pizza for dinner. The outdoor restaurant Double U has added delicious new dishes to their menu and an espresso bar ! A wide variety of fitness activities are offered and the spa has a menu full of pampering treatments. Hot Stone Massage is a MUST ! And every year I go to a few lectures. This year Mel (the founder) talked about how he had the vision to build canyon ranch. I also attended lectures on heart disease and one on peak performance with medical doctors. Very informative. Overall, it is a 10 + !!! I like CR over Miravel, a lot more to chose from all around.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great and similar. If I was solo I would ask to be near the spa, if in a group ge...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
jharrison2012, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Our Chef, Scott Uehlein, is delighted our guests are enjoying the new Trattoria Locale offerings at the Double U outdoor café – the menu of Mediterranean inspired plates using local, seasonal and organic ingredients are getting rave reviews! As a long time Rancher, we appreciate you sharing some of your favorite activities. The information is very helpful to those seeking a getaway that’s “all about them” and their personal journey towards health and wellness. Thank you for your great review and we will see you next year!

Reviewed September 28, 2013

I can't say enough good things about CR in Tucson. The property is gorgeous, with attention to detail in design everywhere you look. Staff are attentive and friendly, great healthy gourmet food, incredible array of classes, services and outdoor experiences to choose from. Absolutely world class, and believe me, it can be life-changing. Wonderful weather, too.

Room Tip: Haven't been disappointed yet. Very quiet and peaceful everywhere.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
jharrison2012, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Empowering our guests to make healthy changes in their lives is what we strive to achieve each and every day. We want our environment to be one that motivates and inspires you to focus on your goals. On behalf of our talented grounds keepers and facilities staff, thank you for your fine compliments.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I return here every year to recharge my batteries. It started about ten years ago to deal with some back trouble. This place seems to have an endless list of resources. They've treated my problem and given me tools to take back home and stay on track. This is the ultimate place for health, fun and relaxation. Lastly, the food is INCREDIBLE, and the most unbelievable thing about it is that it is all super healthy.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Bob B
jharrison2012, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Thank you for choosing Canyon Ranch Tucson for your annual getaway to recharge your batteries. Our mission is to help you take the love for health and wellness home with you as a way of life. We appreciate your endorsement and for being a long time Canyon Ranch enthusiast.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Canyon Ranch is a true life-changing experience. I've been to other "destination" resorts, but the staff here are somehow even able to overshadow the 5-star accommodations, the brilliant lectures, the nutritious and tasty food and a world-class spa. I would live here if I could afford it and send everyone I know here if I win the lottery.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

We love how you described your life changing vacation with us and thank you for the fine compliments to our staff. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back to your home away from home any time.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Canyon Ranch Tucson is an amazing spa vacation. The rooms are spacious, elegant and peaceful. The staff is so attentive and professional. The morning walks are not to be missed- yes, you do have to get up at 7 am- however, you can sleep later in the day while poolside. The classes are exciting, different, challenging. The lectures are incredible- in one day I went to an Astrology class, a class on finance review class, a nutrition class for women over 40.
The rates are high-the experience is a five star sky reach. Treat yourself and you will be a happy camper.

Room Tip: The best rooms for me are closer to the spa and gym. Lots of CR veterans like the rooms located up t...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Many of our guests love to get the day started with a walk before breakfast. Mornings in our beautiful desert are spectacular. Your description of your vacation was one well balanced with fitness, relaxation, nutrition and activities. Well done! Thank you for choosing Canyon Ranch Tucson and we are pleased you are a happy “rancher”.
Healthy Regards,

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I went to canyon ranch for a ladies trip. It was my mother-in-laws friends' birthday. Our group consisted of 8 women, ages ranged from early 30's to 60. We spent 5 of the most spectacular days there. As a fitness trainer and an extremely regimented eater, I had concerns regarding the classes and food. Both blew me away. The variety of classes and activities kept my interest the entire time. We were able to find classes that we enjoyed as a group as well as classes I did on my own that were more intense. I even discovered a new passion for hiking, something i had never tried before. Now i'm hooked! There was a variety of food choices at every meal and I was able to custom order anything I wanted. The spa services were outstanding. My only regret is doing only 1 per day! The accommodations are also incredible. No matter where you stay it is easy to get around. The staff is more than friendly. They really embrace their jobs and provide a feeling of calmness and luxury. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
jharrison2012, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

I’m delighted that we not only exceeded your expectations, but introduced you to a new favorite fitness activity! Our hiking program is one of the most comprehensive, offering themed and seasonal hikes for beginner through expert levels, and Our fine staff take pride in providing exceptional service tailored to the needs and goals of our guests. As you now know, our culinary team can meet most any dietary need and I will personally pass on your compliments to the chef. Whether a guest is enjoying their first stay like yourself or they are a veteran “Rancher”, all of our professionals love sharing their passion for health and wellness as a way of life. Thank you for sharing your experience as an experienced fitness enthusiast, it will be a pleasure to welcome you back.