“Everyone Needs to Go Once in Their Life!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tucson
Canyon Ranch in Tucson
Ranked #2 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My last trip was my third trip to Canyon Ranch. I love this place and it is one of my sanctuaries. I recommend booking an LEC package versus just going there. You meet wonderful people and the staff is extremely knowledgeable and helpful. You really learn how Canyon Ranch operates and are given good advice on how to spend your time here. For my money, there is no other place like Canyon Ranch. The rooms are comfortable and clean and the air conditioner works fabulously. The food is excellent and all included! Make sure you do the Lunch & Learn series. There is any number of exercise activities to try as well as spa services, health services, etc. The grounds are beautiful and calming. There are 4 pools with numerous water exercise classes. It's a great motivational place in addition to helping you with any medical issues you may be having. There are superb exercise physiologists here to help you also. Bottom line, for me, Canyon Ranch is the place to go because you get what you want, when you want it and how you want it--and with a smile! How often does that happen? Canyon Ranch is the top bar that I rate all of the other places I stay.

That being said, I noticed that in this stay (end of May/early June), the wait staff would forget what you asked them to get you and you would have to ask again. Seemed as if they were also short on wait staff. I have noted in general that wait staff everywhere is getting a little forgetful! This still is "the" place to go for me.

Room Tip: If you are doing an LEC (Life Enhancement) program, get a room closer to the Life Enhancement Center...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank carmelwish
jharrison2012, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

On behalf of all the staff here at Canyon Ranch, both resort side and in the Life Enhancement Center, thank you for your recommendation! I’m delighted that as a veteran Canyon Ranch guest you’ve had a chance to delve deeper into your overall health under the guidance of the superb professionals in our Life Enhancement Program. I will make a point to share your compliments amongst the team as well as look into the staffing concerns you mentioned during your recent visit. We pride ourselves on offering the highest level of guest service and we look forward to providing you with that focused attention on your next visit.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Canyon Ranch is an EXPERIENCE vacation. You will be treated like royalty by all of the staff. You can choose to exercise all day long, or have relaxing treatments all day long or consult with TOP NOTCH Exercise Physiology, Integrative MD's with amazing medical tests to deermine many things, Oriental Medicine specialists, Reg. Nutritionists, Therapists, Spiritual advisors, cooking lessons, craft times and so many other amazing activities.The lectures were wonderful and so helpful You can also relax by the many pools and read a book. The experience is totally yours to make. They assist you at every turn to make the vacation whatever you need or want it to be. I have gained valuable personal information regarding my health, my spirituality and other areas of my life. It was an amazing EXPERIENCE and this was my 2nd trip. I plan to go every year to re- connect with myself!! Best money I've ever spent and its more than a vacation!!! Love CANYON RANCH.

Room Tip: Rooms are amazing and though you do have to walk a bit to when your room is in the higher numbers, i...
1  Thank donnakay430
jharrison2012, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

It's great to hear that you loved your most recent Canyon Ranch vacation and that our many health and wellness activities have made a lasting impression on you. A guest that returns is the best endorsement we can hope for and we look forward to welcoming you back to renew and revitalize. Have a great summer!

Reviewed June 8, 2013

My husband booked our first trip to CR over 10 years ago. We loved it then, and now that we have been guests 6-7 times, we love it just as much, perhaps even more! It's a healthful retreat that can make you feel like a new person by the time you leave. Do you want to go on an early morning guided bird-watching hike? Would you enjoy making beautiful jewelry in one of the many jewelry class offerings? Would you like to: Sign up for a 2-hour cooking class? Have a lovely massage/facial/new haircut? Consult a numerologist or astrologist? Get a first (or second) medical opinion on a physical problem? Have an exercise physiologist or QUALIFIED physical trainer help fine-tune your workout? Consult a nutritionist for advice customized to your needs? Take an underwater Zumba class? Attend a drumming class where you get to play African drums led by a drumming specialist? All of these (and more) are activities that are available at Canyon Ranch! Most of these I chose to do this week (I returned home today after a week-long stay at CR) and each time I go I find new things to do. THIS ISN'T "JUST" A SPA!! Although world-class spas are lovely, sometimes you just need more. MUCH MORE! And everyday you can have delicious ice cream, cookies, smoothies, pecan french toast and berries, gourmet salmon or beef burgers, unending snacks - whatever YOU CHOOSE to have in whatever amount you want!
And- the rooms are beautiful! They have been remodeled and include a selection of at least 10 DIFFERENT kinds of pillows from which to choose, the best linens; comfort is EVERYWHERE. I am so glad I've been able to partake of what Canyon Ranch has to offer; I look forward to returning for MANY years to come!

Room Tip: You can get maps of the premises from the staff or online; We like staying in 106 - 115, because tho...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank singinsweetie
jharrison2012, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Thank you for your energetic, fun filled review! We strive to have all our guests feel what your describing upon returning home and I’m delighted that you continue to try so many of the interesting activities we have to offer. Clearly you have embraced “The Power of Possibility”! We appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience and look forward to your return.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Canyon Ranch Tucson was outstanding. I am a mother to 5 month old twins. Guest services very kindly delivered a box freezer to my room so I could freeze my breast milk during my stay. I was able to go home with a whole ice chest full of milk for my babies. The exercise classes are incredible. The staff is so friendly. The hikes and bikes are incredible and all of your needs are taken care of.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Congratulations on your twins and thank you for choosing Canyon Ranch as your vacation destination. We’re thrilled to have helped you personally recharge and it was our pleasure to assist you in fulfilling your special needs. Our staff cares not only for your health and wellness, but that of your family as well. Best wishes to you and we hope to have you visit us again.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

My first experience at Canyon Ranch and I found it to be more than I ever expected. The staff and accommodations were first class and very accommodating of any and all requests...all with a smile. Everyone I was in contact with seemed to really enjoy their job and it showed. The lectures, treatments were fantastic! Our room was perfect. I truly enjoyed the "healthy meals, never felt like I was missing anything. Everyone should try and experience a week at Canyon Ranch!! Pat King

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
jharrison2012, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank you Pat!
It is most rewarding when we hear we have exceeded a guest’s expectations. The Life Enhancement Program is one that is designed as a focused one week program to set a road map for living with lifelong healthy goals in all facets of one’s life. All the staff thank you for your kind words and we wish you a wonderful summer. Please contact us if you need any encouragement and we hope to welcome you back on a return visit very soon.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

This was my second visit and I wasn't disappointed! I came with three girlfriends for a week of wellness, exercise, growth and healthy eating. We all had an amazing time. The service is terrific, where everyone went out of their way to ensure we were happy and taken care of. I can't recommend this place enough. We will be back!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

A return visit as a girlfriends' getaway is a wonderful idea. I am sure you shared some of your favorite activities with your friends as well as had an opportunity to try some new! Thank you for passing on Canyon Ranch Tucson as a vacation recommendation to your friends and the readers of TripAdvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back for getaway number three.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

I truly wish that the rest of the world was as well-run as The Canyon Ranch at Tucson!
The setting is beautiful and the campus provides opportunities for both reflection and relaxation as well as recharging one's body and spirit. There are lovely sculptures and charming venues to discover all throughout Canyon Ranch. The Sonoran Desert provides spectacular venues and superb air. The room was spacious -- although you don't spend much time in the room -- you are too busy doing other things! The beds are comfy, the baths were spacious and well appointed. There is a unbelievable spa just steps away to luxuriate in ways that accommodate any wish.
The staff is very, very accommodating. Service is seamless and no one is hovering over you, but there is still attention to your needs. Everyone in all levels of service at Canyon Ranch are well trained, knowledgeable, and ready to help you in any way. The instructors were so very helpful and encouraging in the activities. They also push one to do more. I learned a lot. I also found that the messages were pretty much consistent --everyone was pretty much on "the same page" despite many different disciplines at Canyon Ranch.
I can't wait to return. I am motivated to get myself in shape and I thank Canyon Ranch for pointing me in the right direction with a very logical and useful program.

Room Tip: Lower numbered rooms are near the clubhouse and the cafe.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
jharrison2012, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

It is great to hear you will be returning and until then we hope you stay motivated to think about your health and wellness as real possibility. It motivates all of us here at Canyon Ranch to read such glowing comments about your stay and your experience with our fine staff. I wish you a wonderful Memorial Day weekend and stay in touch with our staff for encouragement until we can welcome you back again.