“Nirvana”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tucson
Canyon Ranch in Tucson
Ranked #2 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
“Nirvana”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Canyon Ranch is heaven on earth. There is no place that offers as many activities, classes, lectures, services, practitoners, all at one location. Having visited major spa/health resorts worldwide, I strongly feel that no one does it like Canyon Ranch Tucson. It is bubbling with wellness, learning, and fun all wrapped up with a bow. Each time I visit, I cannot believe all that is available to me. I would need to stay for years to do all the activities.(which would suit me to a tee!) The Life Enhancement Center's program really focuses on life in balance. One shouldn't miss this week- long opportunity of a life time. It is truly life-changing. There are special weeks that rotate, plus the general program. You cannot go wrong on any of the LEC weeks. It is like having your private health resort with specialists so full of cutting edge knowledge, special fitness classes, lectures that amaze you, and camaraderie of like-minded new friends you are bound to bond with. It is so exciting to be a part of an LEC class, having the time of your life, learning, laughing, and trying new activities. And don't think for a moment that there is not as much relaxation as you wish. You design your vacation to suit your needs and wants. Canyon Ranch will inquire what YOU want out of your time there. So if it is catching up on much needed sleep, eating delicious meals, having decadent spa pampering, jewelry making, yoga, stretch, meditation, pilates, swimming, cardio classes, walking, hiking, biking, challenging ropes course, whatever pleases you, they make it happen. I think I have talked myself into another vacation there!

Room Tip: Advise the staff if you prefer to be near the clubhouse or spa or if you have mobility issues.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank travelgirl338
jharrison2012, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
One of the definitions of nirvana is “An ideal condition of rest, harmony, stability, or joy”. Your generous review expresses all the facets of this amazing state of mind and body beautifully. We thank you for taking the time to share your Life Enhancement Center vacation (LEC) experience, with such enthusiastic detail, with the readers of TripAdvisor. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back so you might continue to enjoy the benefits of a health and wellness vacation at Canyon Ranch Tucson. May I wish you continued nirvana.
Kyle Treat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Don't get me wrong, Canyon Ranch is absolutely gorgeous with countless activities, impeccable service, and opportunities for true relaxation. Only hitch- I didn't realize that the demographic would nearly exclusively be middle aged / retired folks. As someone not in that demographic, it changed the tone of the experience for me and the friend I'm traveling with dramatically. For younger folks looking for a relaxing, posh, active vacation, I'd recommend finding a different place in Sedona or Moab area that isn't an all exclusive experience.

• Stayed April 2013
4 Thank kdekas
Thank you for sharing your compliments of the resort and our fine staff. Our staff takes pride in offering the best of service and care of our guests. We are a one-of-a-kind health and wellness experience, focused on significant opportunities for guests of all ages and fitness levels, those wanting to experience a wide range of activities with wellness as the common denominator. A destination spa experience is a very personal choice -- we thank you for visiting and hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you again.
New Mexico
Reviewed April 10, 2013

we love this place !
this is a great get a way kind a place were you can just let go and enjoy life !
everything about this place is 5 star the area the staff the service, great place to take a lot of pictures,
you gota give it a try !

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank TheHitManMine
jharrison2012, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
And we love hearing about your great getaway to Canyon Ranch Tucson! Thank you for complimenting our fine staff, I look forward to passing on your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back again.
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed April 3, 2013

This was my second visit to Canyon Ranch and I loved it more the second time. I recharged my batteries; soaked in the scenery; tried different exercise programs; ate lighter; relaxed with spa treatments; wandered around taking photos; enjoyed the fresh water, juices, fruit, teas and "mini" meals whenever I wanted. The staff is helpful, friendly, and professional. The exercise classes can be serious or fun; hard or easy; the variety is excellent...something for everyone. The Lunch and Learn is informative with tips for cooking a little differently at home. We did not hike or bike but there is plenty of that, too. I'll go back again...soon!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank dweitzman
jharrison2012, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Please share some of your photographs with us! The Ranch is beautiful in April and many don’t know how spectacular the desert can be in the spring. Next time you visit, try one of the many of the hikes offered and take your camera. The views are inspiring as is the feeling you get of accomplishment. Thank you for taking the time to share your vacation highlights and we look forward to your return.
Rochester
Reviewed April 1, 2013

From the moment we were picked up by our driver at Phoenix airport, until being brought back 6 days later, all was perfect! Helps that the weather our stay was glorious, making our having lunch at the Double U Cafe each day and even one evening so delightful.

You excel at customer service and efficiency with grace and cordiality.

The classes excellent, though I picked some that I liked less = felt too hard or told me not a good "fit" for my joints.

Loved the morning walks; wish you'd offer a late day walk when the sun is going down, before dinner.

The food fabulous at each and every meal.

The spa treatments I selected were each divine: the WATSU, the Thai Massage and your CR massages. And the spa itself is so lovely. I only discovered the outdoor (nude, if you want) seating area late in my stay, and after the sun had left that area.

I appreciated my "gait and footwear analysis" very much and was impressed that she didn't try to sell me a new pair of shoes, rather endorsed what I was wearing (Merrell trail shoes) as perfect for my feet. She did recommend Super Feet insoles, which I bought once back home and they are already making a difference!!!

In short, if you are looking for a fabulous, high-end, quality spa experience, you can't do any better than this property.

My sister-in-law and I had been to CR Tucson 12 years ago; and we loved it as much or more so this visit.

I would recommend to any "first-timer" especially, or even to returning guests, to really study the week's calendar and plan ahead of arrival what you want to do, will save time and confusion after arrival; as there is so much to choose from.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
jharrison2012, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
I would like to first thank you for recognizing our fine staff and their exceptional attention to the needs of our guests. Everyone from our spa attendants to our friendly drivers, we look forward to making your stay perfect. The readers of TripAdvisor will appreciate your suggestion to take time to look at all there is in the schedule of activities and please know our program coordinators are here to help you before and throughout your stay. We look forward to you returning again very soon.
Oldsmar, Florida, Usa
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Never any regrets!
I always leave more spiritually grounded with mindful clarity. Even in the mist of health issues, I feel much better physically, mentally and spiritually when I leave this place.
"my little peace of heaven"
With love

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Cheryl B
jharrison2012, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for the lovely message and we hope you keep your tranquil feeling until we see you again.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Canyon Ranch is my go to place where I let everything go, I find myself again. No matter if its the Life Enhancement Center or a special week there is something for everyone. Or if you just want to chill, do your own thing and relax and refresh your mind and senses, this is the place. I have lost count on how many times I have visited but it is sanctuary from the outside world. Ill be back in May 2013! Life Enhancement Center, 2nd time! To be renewed and refreshed and boost the outlook on life! Doing it better and smarter living well!

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Travelerrest
jharrison2012, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
We look forward to welcoming you back this coming May. The Life Enhancement Center staff looks forward to supporting whatever health focus you have in mind for your second visit. Thank you for your support and fine words about the revitalizing benefits of a Canyon Ranch vacation both resort side and the 7 night Life Enhancement Center experience.