“Heaven on earth”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tucson
Canyon Ranch in Tucson
Ranked #2 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Chicago, Illinois
“Heaven on earth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

I have come to Canyon Ranch three times, in 1989, 2002, and now 2013. Every time I am reminded why I come back. I have never experienced a place that combines a beautiful setting, terrific staff and facilities, amazing healthy food, and great health, fitness, and spa activities like this has. It truly is the best place to go to get back in touch with yourself, and to figure out how to transform yourself into the person you want to be.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
jharrison2012, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for choosing Canyon Ranch once again when you needed a vacation that helps you truly relax and take the necessary time you need to look at how you can live a healthy, happier life. After a number of years, you experienced some new facilities, activities, rejuvenating services and the unforgettable cuisine. Please stay in touch and on behalf of all our talented staff, thank you for sharing your experience.
Kyle Treat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
San Jose, California, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

I had heard of Canyon Ranch but never visited. When a friend suggested I join her at the last minute I decided to go. This was her fifth visit. I was coming off the most stressful year of my life, losing both parents three months apart. I was feeling depressed, lethargic, stressed and in real need of a break. While the cost is high, I felt it was the perfect time for me to concentrate on getting myself into a better place mentally and physically.

Our driver that picked us up from the airport was really friendly and gave us a quick background of the Ranch and the surrounding area. The Ranch property is beautiful, with gorgeous desert type scenery surrounding it. The rooms are like little casitas scattered around the property. Our casita had two other rooms connected to it. The interior was beautifully decorated; beds were really comfortable.

The range of available activities every day is staggering. I did so many different type classes - pilates, spinning, stretch, yoga, kettlebell. I did a 7 a.m. 4.5-mile hike into the nearby Saguaro National Park with two CR guides. I checked out a bike and rode around the property.
The fitness choices are endless, at all levels.

I spent many happy hours in the beautiful spa area, in the jacuzzi, cold plunge, sauna, steam room, inhalation room. I had a lovely facial, an incredible "body ritual" that included a body scrub, mineral bath, massage. Heavenly.

The food is super healthy - low salt, low fat, low cal - but absolutely delicious. There is a main dining room and a very cute cafe next to one of the pools. No alcohol, but I was so swept up into the healthy living vibe of the place that I really didn't miss it.

I took a jewelry-making class and made a gorgeous necklace. I attended two great lectures, on sleep and overall healthy living.

The people that work here are amazing - positive, helpful, friendly. It's just a vibrant, energetic atmosphere all the way around.

The grounds and facilities are impeccably maintained. The locker room area and spa area is spotless. Everywhere you turn are fresh, crisp white towels hanging on hooks, ready for you. There are beautiful water/fresh juice stations throughout the property, encouraging you to drink tons of water.

So whether you're looking for simply a pampering, relaxing, rejuvenating vacation or need to focus on more serious health/lifestyle issues, Canyon Ranch is a world-class place to do it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kathy F
jharrison2012, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Here at Canyon Ranch our first time guests occupy a very special place in our heart. Our remarkable staff is rewarded each time a guest expresses their personal enthusiasm for what a true health and wellness vacation can be. Not only do we want to thank you for your much appreciated wonderful review, we would like to thank your friend for inviting you to join her on the vacation you much needed at the time. Next visit, we hope you enjoy another of our fabulous hikes and enjoy discovering even more of the delicious healthy cuisine offered by our chefs. We look forward to seeing you both again very soon.
Kyle Treat.
New Haven, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

We turned our cell phones off for our entire stay just what the doctor ordered. What a beauitful
place tucked away the grounds the lobby the rooms all superb. The staff is very gracious the seminars we went to were well worth the money. The food the spa also outstanding we never had to ask for anything and if we did it was brought to our room in minutes great service and the staff met our expectations and then some.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
jharrison2012, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Our guests truly appreciate that we encourage a cell phone-free zone with use preferred in room or on your patio. As you experienced, it allows all our guests to focus on their health, wellness and true relaxation. Our groundkeepers will appreciate your compliments of the grounds. They create a breathtaking environment here, highlighting all the beauty and unique vegetation the high desert in Tucson has to offer. On behalf of all the staff, I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.
Kyle Treat.
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Just got back from Canyon Ranch two days ago and I'm already planning/saving for my trip back! What an inspirational, rejuvenating week. There is something for everyone... and I mean EVERYONE! Each week they pick a focus for that week and they bring in leading scholars from all over the world to head the focus for the week - be it lectures, activities, etc. They have more exercise classes than you ever imagined and the trainers are quite energetic and excited to get you moving. What I truly loved about the classes was that no matter your age or your level of ability, they found a way to make it work for you.
I went there to really clear my head while in the process of making three big life changing decisions. I came back feeling fresh, rested and ready to take on the world. It sounds corny but it's the truth! I also came back pretty proud of myself, as I never thought I could push myself as hard as I did and come out alive. It's a pretty amazing feeling.
One word of caution, however --- be prepared before you go! There are about 800 things you can do at Canyon Ranch each and every day (classes, lectures, medical testing, spa services, beauty services, outdoor excursions, etc.). The best way to navigate through all this without becoming overwhelmed is to print off the schedule for the week you are going, try to have an idea of what your goal of the week is and pick your activities based on what you want to achieve by the end of your stay. Don't try to do everything. You will crash mid week. You can always change what you chose once you arrive and start talking to people, but it's nice to have an idea of what you want to do ahead of time.
For me, I wanted to really relax and exercise, so I booked a spa service every night either before or after dinner and tried to do 2-3 exercise classes per day. When I was too tired to do the classes, I just went for a walk, read my book by the pool or had a nap. Not so bad, huh?!
Another great thing about this place is the food. Everything is organic and free from steroids and other unhealthy/foreign drugs. They have a very extensive gluten free menu and there is a calorie/fat/carbohydrate/sugar count on each food item/meal you eat. You have every opportunity to eat right and feel great about what you are eating.

To sum it all up, it's truly the best place in the world to clean up your act, change your life, be inspired and have a blast... guilt free!

Room Tip: All the rooms are different, but they are all super comfortable. It just depends on whether you want...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your fabulous review from all of us here at the Ranch! Your review is filled with great ideas and a great summary of how we want all our guests to feel about their vacation with us. Our program coordinators look forward to helping you plan you return trip to experience even more of the many choices of fitness activities and spa services. Your suggestion to book an evening spa service to reward yourself and to relax after an active day is a great wellness strategy. I will be sharing your remarkable review with staff and thanking them for a job well done.
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

My husband and I returned this past week and we simply loved the days we spent @ Canyon Ranch. If possible, this time was even better than our first 2 visits that were much too long ago.

Services, food, staff, evening lectures were all EXCEPTIONAL.
The hiking, one of the main reasons we chose Canyon Ranch was exceptional. While I appreciated the variety of classes available, my husband wanted to improve his tennis. He enjoyed the Men's Stretch classes.
The massages were more than amazing.
Lectures were so informative and eye-opening.
There was not one meal that wasn't exceptional.

I wish I could give accolades to one staff member of Canyon Ranch but the truth is that every single staff member deserves to be mentioned and thanked for their friendliness, help, knowledge, and smiles.

We are definitely planning a return visit sooner than later!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
We make a point of telling our staff about the reviews written here at TripAdvisor. Their dedication to their specialties and ability to make each and every guest find health and wellness in their lives is what makes each of them remarkable. We are fortunate to have the spectacular Catalina Mountains and Sabino Canyon in our backyard, and rising to over 9,000 feet, they enable us to offer our guests hikes of varying difficulties and elevations. We want to thank you your review and for the beautiful pictures you posted, and we look forward to welcoming you both back very soon.
Twin Falls, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

I went to Canyon Ranch to fortify myself for upcoming surgery. I have never been to a place before where almost every minute, every bite of food, every word spoken is an opportunity to improve yourself if that's what you desire. Otherwise, the food is amazing and nutritious, the staff are welcoming and helpful, the facilities are incredible. Burn 300 calories on the tread mill one hour, restore yourself with a yoga class the next. Sip freeze squeezed lemonade in between!

Thanks, CR. I'm so grateful to you and also to the guests I met there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jannel43
jharrison2012, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
First, I would like to say on behalf of all the staff, we look forward to hearing about your successful surgery. Your idea to start the healing process by thinking about healthier habits for your future was a great way to prepare. After you have a chance to heal from your procedure, we hope to see you again soon to provide even more enjoyable ways to be healthier and live an active lifestyle.
New York, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Canyon Ranch in Tucson is a wonderful environment that offers every kind of fitness program imaginable. There are exercise classes of every type as well as swimming, biking, tennis, golf lessons and more. In addition, the dining is excellent. My wife and I go back every year.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
jharrison2012, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you Mike for taking a few moment s to write about your annual vacation with us. Have a great year and we look forward to seeing you and your wife again next year.