“First Rate!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
Dallas, Texas, United States
“First Rate!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I just returned from my first visit and would return tomorrow if I could! The classes are outstanding, the resort is beautiful and the food is delicious. The instructors are enthusiastic and encourage you to work as hard as you can at whatever level that may be. The spa treatments, ropes course, food, and accommodations are first rate!

Room Tip: The rooms are lovely and quiet, so it really doesn't matter which one you stay in.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Molly F
jharrison2012, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
We thank you Molly for choosing Canyon Ranch for your vacation and for taking the time to share your experience. We hope to have you as our guest again soon.
Wishing you a healthy and happy Thanksgiving holiday,
Kyle Treat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
Sanibel, Fl.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

This is a first rate organization/ resort in every way. We have a membership there, so this was our 3rd time there. Friendly professional staff, lots of activities (sports, wellness, crafts, etc.)
and delicious food.

Room Tip: casitas and spacious and comfortable
    • 5 of 5 stars
On behalf of the Canyon Ranch Tucson staff, I thank you for your review and complementing our service as “first rate”. We look forward to your return and wish you a very happy and healthy Thanksgiving holiday.
philadelphia,pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

If you like to be pampered, if you like an entire organization to cater to your every whim, and you like being active and trying new things in a safe protected environment, then this place is for you. I have been to this property 3 or 4 times and they are still absolutely top drawer. I am a sucker for great quality linens- towels, bedding etc. I have been to some of the plushest hotels anywhere, but i've got to say, the ones here are the absolute best. There is both an inhalation room and a steam room right next to each other. the food is excellent and yes, you get real coffee which is so rich that you really only want one cup. The emphasis is on health and quality of life. there is a full array of lectures, classes and highly qualified staff to help you achieve your health/fitness goals regardless of where you lie on the spectrum. And then there is the tucson weather and scenic beauty. And the incredibly nice, friendly, genuine people who work there. My free time is precious to me and these folks really get that. I love you Canyon Ranch Tucson. thank you for a fabulous week.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank cbdentst
You are very welcome and we thank you for your generous review. I look forward to sharing your review throughout the property and thanking all our staff for the fine service they provide our guests. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I recently made my first visit to Canyon Ranch in Tucson. I had heard many good things about it but didn't know what to expect. The week was truly outstanding. The property, staff and activities are all outstanding. There is a wide range of activities of which I took advantage. These included the fitness classes, lectures, hikes, spa visits and counselors. I was truly able to concentrate on my physical, emotional and spiritual well being. There are numerous things to do for everyone. I highly recommend a visit and plan to return. I suggest planning the trip in advance by reading about their offerings and talking to the program advisors. Also leave some free time to relax or sign up for things you learn about from others. I went with a friend who enjoyed it as much and plans to return.

Room Tip: I would get a room/casita in close proximity to the main building.
1 Thank Bobcat211
Thank you for your review! Our website offers a wealth of information for guests planning their visit – including all services we offer in the spa, fitness and integrative health realms, as well as a detailed schedule of daily activities – of which there are more than 40 to choose from. It is wonderful to hear that you took advantage of the many activities and educational resources we offer focusing on wellbeing during your first stay. We look forward to welcoming you and your travel friend back as return guests very soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

as a first timer i understand the attraction that keeps people returning for decades (and staff working here for decades too):

1. relaxed atmosphere with very friendly, open and professional staff
2. tasty food (good enough not to miss alcohol) with white tablecloth service at dinner
3. interesting menu of activities to do (or not)

you could come here for sports, indulgence in spa, medical help, weight loss or nature

town not very interesting though, best to stay on premises or hike in nearby canyons

Room Tip: get close to the clubhouse or on the round peace park
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
jharrison2012, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for your easy as 1, 2, 3 review of why a Canyon Ranch vacation is a great choice! Tucson prides itself on having some of the most beautiful mountain ranges in the west and we’re thrilled you were able to experience their beauty. We truly appreciate you sharing your experience with the readers of TripAdvisor look forward to welcoming you back to Tucson soon.
Burlington, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I visited Canyon Ranch this past April. I was at a point in my life that I was questioning many things including, health, relationship, profession. I needed to get away and focus on myself. I searched many different places to go and decided on Canyon Ranch. It was one of the best choices I have made in my life! I booked my flight and reservation and went 3 weeks later. I was very nervous and I did not know what to expect, especially going away for a week by myself without my husband. I signed up for the Life Enhancement program which I am so glad I did! This was a truly life changing experience! I did not call anyone all week and only texted my husband once a day to let him know how it was going. I focused on myself and learning tools I could take home with me to improve all aspects of my life. I came home a different person, in a good way and am on the road to better health.

Besides all of that, it is a beautiful place, great food, great people, spiritual on all levels, rejuvenating, relaxing, etc........ I can not say enough good things about it! I will return again, hopefully sooner than later. It is not inexpensive, but I believe it was worth every penny and I would recommend it to everyone finding themselves in a similar situation. I also recommend it to those who are just looking for a great place to get away to.

Room Tip: I don't think there are really any bad rooms, I was located in a great place, fairly close to e...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Kim G
We are so pleased to hear that Canyon Ranch and our Life Enhancement Program were successful in getting you on the road to better heath and that you found it to be a very worthwhile investment. We pride ourselves on offering something for everyone, whether their intentions be rest & rejuvenation, fitness training or dealing with a specific health concern. Thank you for the wonderful review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
upstate NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We just returned from another great visit to Canyon Ranch. It has become one of our favorite destinations. We cannot praise the staff enough. The food is terrific. Scenery great. Fitness staff is super.
We'll be back!

2 Thank abarasol
jharrison2012, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Your return visit lets us know we are achieving our goal to be our guest’s favorite vacation. Thank you for your review and ranking Canyon Ranch “Fabulous”.