Canyon Ranch in Tucson
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsexercise classesspa treatmentshealthy foodbike rideslife changinghealing touchmeditation gardenhealthy lifestylelocker roomropes courselose weightaerial yogamother daughterno tippingoutdoor activitiescome homespent a week
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 7, 2012

This was my 3rd trip to Canyon Ranch in Phoenix and it just keeps getting better. The first time I went I was in great physical condition and took full advantage of the state-of-the-art gym and equipment, as well as the classes, such as yoga, stretch, abs on the ball, etc. The second time I went for a "health review" at the wellness center and this time, due to a serious case of Lyme disease, I went purely for relaxation. So I can speak very, very positively about all aspects of the "ranch." The staff is extremely friendly and helpful - they will assist you with any special need you require, all you have to do is ask, if they don't beat you to it. Everything from the rooms, the restaurant, the gym, the treatment rooms, etc., is kept impeccably clean. The food is excellent, fresh, wholesome, varied and better than some 5 star restaurants I have frequented in NYC. You can have anything cooked to order and have as much or as little as you want. I can't say enough good things about the Ranch and am looking forward to my 4th trip back which I hope will be very soon. Try it. You will absolutely love it. KKW

Room Tip: Even though it requires a bit more walking, I would suggest asking for a room near the outside periphery of the ranch. It is a little more quieter there than by the clubhouse and spa.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank kkwesq
jharrison2012, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful words about Canyon Ranch. I will be passing your compliments onto our staff -- who are devoted to making every guest’s stay not only a memorable one but one in which each person receives take home tools for enhanced health and wellness. Thank you for recommending us to friends and TripAdvisor readers. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

I have been going to Canyon Ranch for over 10 years and it always is the most amazing guest experience! How do they do that??? I go for the health services, and finally moved my primary health care there entirely. The property is gorgeous, the food is very good and also healthy. The staff makes dreams come true...it never ceases to amaze me how very kind, helpful and joyful they are. And oh, the spa...ahhhhh.

Room Tip: I have yet to see anything but great rooms. I particularly like the rooms around the Life Enhancement Center when they are available...
1  Thank Doreen W

It is rewarding to be able to help all of our guests find healthier and happier ways to live. At Canyon Ranch, guests will find highly trained integrative health professionals, a complete state-of-the-art Health & Healing Center with extensive diagnostic testing capabilities and an onsite sleep lab. Thank you for sharing your experience with our Health and Wellness Center and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

I had been looking forward to going to Canyon Ranch for many years, having heard from friends how much they loved it. I was not disappointed! I was only there for 4 days, but I can't wait to go back. You can do as much or as little as you want, but either way, you will feel so much better when you leave. Definitely one of the best trips ever.

Room Tip: If you come from a city apartment like me, make sure you request access to a terrace. My first room didn't have one, and I moved to a room with one so I could step outside from time to time and look at the view!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

We are happy to hear your first vacation with us did not disappoint and that you would classify it as one of the “best trips ever.” We look forward to your return so you can try some of the fitness, health and relaxing activities you didn’t get a chance to enjoy this visit. Please extend our thanks to your friends for letting you in on their wonderful little secret!

Reviewed September 25, 2012

It will change your life. I started going to CR 5 years ago. Before my first trip, I had suffered from lower back pain for 3 years and had seen numerous doctors and chiropractors and had no relief. I figured it was my lot in life. During our 1st trip, at the request of a friend who was looking for a solution for neck pain, I went into a chiropractic seminar to support her. The Chiropractor described the symptoms of my back pain and said there was a simple solution. I had an adjustment that day and received immediate relief. They referred me to a chiropractor near my home who I continue to see as needed. Today I can run, jump, bike and have full nights of restful sleep. Each year I come back home younger, stronger and more peaceful!

2  Thank Lovetotravelnancy
jharrison2012, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Thank you for sharing your story – I will be sure to pass your wonderful review to our medical team. I’m delighted to hear that you had a transformative experience on-property and that you’ve continued to make your wellness a priority at home. Keep up the running, jumping and biking - and continue to enjoy those restful nights of sleep (after all that activity, you deserve it!) And I so enjoyed your beautiful picture of the Catalina Mountains. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

What an amazing and transforming experience!

Canyon Ranch provides the ideal facility to allow its guests to experience a new and healthy lifestyle. The classes and workshops, spa treatments, exercise classes, food and personal relationships you make during your visit are inspirational and motivational. Everyone can find the self improvement they want at Canyon Ranch. Even the most fit people or the least fit people will find activities to meet their needs.

I loved it and so will you.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
jharrison2012, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Wow! What a wonderful endorsement for how a Canyon Ranch vacation is more than a vacation but a life changing experience in health and wellness. Thank you on behalf of all of our dedicated staff here in Tucson and we hope to see you again very soon.