“Hooray for Canyon Ranch!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tucson
Canyon Ranch in Tucson
Ranked #2 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Hooray for Canyon Ranch!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

What an amazing and transforming experience!

Canyon Ranch provides the ideal facility to allow its guests to experience a new and healthy lifestyle. The classes and workshops, spa treatments, exercise classes, food and personal relationships you make during your visit are inspirational and motivational. Everyone can find the self improvement they want at Canyon Ranch. Even the most fit people or the least fit people will find activities to meet their needs.

I loved it and so will you.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
jharrison2012, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Wow! What a wonderful endorsement for how a Canyon Ranch vacation is more than a vacation but a life changing experience in health and wellness. Thank you on behalf of all of our dedicated staff here in Tucson and we hope to see you again very soon.
Kyle Treat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Info for the obese:
The locker rooms have larger towels and 5XL robes.
When they said a level 3 is advance, do not get discouraged. They only mean that you can make modifications without assistance.
Order as much as you want! No guilt allowed!
Good:
The classes are awesome. There is 1 'teacher' and 1 'helper' (except in some of the water classes I went to). If you needed help, they were there.
The exercise physiology department was great. I did the target heart rate appointment and really felt like they cared and wanted to help me.
The locker rooms were great. The only problem was that there was no wifi in the "quiet room" and the nude sunbathing was closed.
Bad:
The food was just not good. One morning the pancakes were even raw!
The food was foofoo, ie the chicken sausage was filled of spices to make it test better with less fat. Heart burn city.
Low fat/high carb diet focused. No steak here.
They just have sugary drinks (juice), water and iced tea. Don’t expect diet pop.
They have butter, ketchup and salt but you have to ask!
Mosquitos! Eaten alive! Bring your bug spray.

Room Tip: in the 100s!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank ninaf
jharrison2012, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
We appreciate your candid review. Our staff pride themselves on personalized attention and providing a vacation that can change your life. I am disappointed to hear that our culinary offerings did not meet your expectation. Our renowned chefs work with our highly qualified on-staff nutritionists to create indulgently healthy cuisine featuring carb-rich vegetables, fruits, legumes and moderate portions of whole grains and lean meats. I invite you to visit our website for a sampling of our recipes. Thank you for including some photographs taken during your stay.
We hope you consider a return visit very soon.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

This was my first experience at a health retreat, and it was fantastic. Canyon Ranch has everything you could possibly want, including the freedom to do as much or as little as you want.

I had the idea that a health spa was intensely focused on making sure visitors only ate or did things that were strictly healthy, and while everything about Canyon Ranch is about health and well being, you are free to choose what that means for you. The pace may involve heavy gym sessions, hikes, biking adventures, and deep tissue massages. Or, it might be a stretching class, yoga, craniosacral therapy, and a full body scrub (which was amazing...!).

There are so many places you can go to eat, swim, and just 'be'. Canyon Ranch is all about you, the guest, and each staff member is incredibly friendly, helpful, and loves working there.

The food is something else altogether - beautiful, clean food, and so much of it! Everything is portion controlled and you get all the nutritional information, but if you really want 2 desserts, then you can have them!

This place caters for everyone, and the location is perfect - serene and relaxing.

I live in Australia, and would still like to make this part of my annual self-care routine.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank AlphaTravelling
jharrison2012, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
We would love to be part of your annual health and wellness routine. Thank you for taking the time to write about your first time experience at Canyon Ranch Tucson and for sharing how our health and wellness vacation is a truly personal experience. Have a great year and we look forward to seeing you next year.
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Want a guilt-free vacation? With healthy food (whole food) and portion control sizes you have more energy than if you ate junk food. Want a burger and fries? - you get a grass fed burger and frites at the Double U Cafe. There's also a buffet at the Pavillion and 3 course dining at the main lodge. You're not hungry and it's included in the price.
Want a Spa but your husband wants golf/hiking/mountain bike riding - you can have it all here! Plus tennis courts and a full aquatic centre.
Did I mention the treadmills in the L Pool for those in your family who need exercise without stress on their joints?
And if you want a medical slant to your program they have those options for a fee as well.
Definitely the best value for your dollars. I was there when they were doing renos on their main dining lodge and never went hungry.
You need to try their patented Canyon Ranch Sports Drink for after the work out - refreshing!

Room Tip: Get in the 100s and you're closer to the Spa and main lodge.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Our guests love the abundant and diverse dining choices. A burger and frites by the pool outdoors is a great reward to a fitness filled morning of hikes and classes. The facilities team is always hard at work improving our many venues on property. They work in a way that makes the progress unobtrusive to our relaxing stress free environment but leaving us excited to see their next wonderful creation. I want to thank you for adding your beautiful photos to your review. The shot of the mountains and the summer monsoon rainbow is my favorite. We hope to see you back again very soon.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I have just returned from my 5th visit to Canyon Ranch. My annual visits are definitely one of the highlights of the year. Canyon Ranch is truly where one can come to rejuvenate, re-energize and relax. The combition of the vast array of daily classes and activities which address physical, mental, spiritual, creative aspects of life is fantastic. The beautiful setting of the Tucson property and the luxurious accomodations are a real treat. Canyon Ranch has also really perfected the art of making its guests feel comfortable and the attention to detail (I love the free laundry facilities complete with free detergent) is amazing. Above all, the staff at Canyon Ranch are what really make the experience especial. Each is a highly skilled professional in their area of expertise and all have a wonderful attitude. I love my annual treat to myself.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
jharrison2012, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
It is the highlight of my week to share the reviews of our guests with staff. Our staff takes pride in making your vacation one that meets your vacation goals and enhances your lifestyle once you return home. As a five time guest, you have enjoyed many of the unique activities offered to make each stay a new adventure with health and wellness in mind. We look forward to your return.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed August 26, 2012

This is the best thing I do for myself every year, and after 5 years of going to Canyon Ranch, it has helped me live each day to it's fullest. Great exercise options for all fitness levels, amazing spa services to meet your specific needs, food options are endless (the organic ingredients and cooking demos reignite my inner chef each year), the staff absolutely are there to make your stay everything it can be. They have thought of everything and when I arrive each year I know I will be leaving with a renewed soul and purpose - ready to face the year ahead.

Room Tip: Every room at Canyon Ranch is exquisite! Linens are silky smooth, feather top helps you melt into b...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
jharrison2012, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Canyon Ranch strives to make your vacation getaway that not only gives you time to refresh, relax and rejuvenate but one that inspire you to continue that renewing lifestyle at home. I look forward to sharing with our Chef and his team that you are creating your own Canyon Ranch inspired menus. Have a great year and we look forward to seeing you again!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I just completed my sixth visit to Canyon Ranch-Tuscon and my objectives have been different each year. They've all been met and I always leave relunctantly and look forward to coming back the next year. It never gets boring because the Ranch does a great job of ensuring variety in the food, the lectures offered and the exercise sessions. Can't wait 'til 2013!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
jharrison2012, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
We hope each year brings you happiness and better health . Thank you for telling the readers of TripAdvisor about your experience and we look forward to your next visit with us.