“Ok, maybe not the greatest”
Review of El Presidio Park

El Presidio Park
Ranked #144 of 309 things to do in Tucson
More attraction details
Owner description: Historic site established in 1775 by Colonel Hugo O'Connor of the Spanish Army.
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I think my biggest disappointment was hoping to see the fort and all you see is rocks where the fort used to be. Not ruins, rocks that someone place to show the outline. However, there are still some sites to see here.

3  Thank Dean O

Reviewed January 13, 2012

The reenactments and the people who told about life in the days when El Presido Park was inhabited was very interesting. My grandsons thoroughly enjoyed it when the cannon was shot off!

Reviewed November 11, 2011

I had never been to this tiny gem of a park! I had heard about El Tiradito before and I had to visit. It's a beautiful, serene place for folks to pray and wish for healing for their broken heart. It's easy to miss, but VERY worth the visit! Be sure to write your hopes and prayers on a paper and place it in a hole in the wall. Maybe they will be answered by 'The Outcast'!

Reviewed January 28, 2011

After living in Tucson, Arizona over 20 years, my wife and I stumbled into a very neat little piece of history.
While attending to business downtown in the government offices, we were headed back to our vehicle parked in the Lohse YMCA parking facility on Alameda Street.
As we looked to cross the street (Church Ave) we noticed a walkway leading into a time line of Tucson. Following the trail, we turned into a plaza inside an old adobe wall to find the El Presidio Park and interesting plaques explaining this area's significance throughout the city's history.
Cool, even in July, due to overhanging roofs and the thick, adobe block walls. seems people of this region knew how to deal with the 'dry heat' long before the advent of air-conditioning.

7  Thank haciendalinda
See more reviews
Reviewed July 12, 2009

We walked to the Presidio area from where we were staying at Hotel Arizona. It was very hot so the cool shady garden that the cafe is set in was nice. There are also artisan shops surrounding the area with quality art and craft. It is definitely worth visiting while in Tucson.

2  Thank Aussie61