“Quite possibly the most memorable part of our trip”

Mission San Xavier del Bac
Book In Advance
More Info
$103.89*
and up
Tucson Day Tour
Ranked #5 of 280 things to do in Tucson
More attraction details
Owner description: Built in the 1700s, this recently restored white adobe church, representing a wonderful example of Spanish colonial architecture, is beautiful inside and out, with colorful frescoes, sculptures and carvings.
Morton, Illinois
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Quite possibly the most memorable part of our trip”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We swung by the Mission on our way back from the Sonora Desert Museum. Since we got there just a little over a half hour before it closed, the place was very quiet, and didn't have a ton of people, which was lovely. We took our time walking inside, which is just gorgeous and then, being a photographer, I was just in heaven with the photographic opportunities outside. Beautiful, don't miss it!

Modesto, CA
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Tour guides were great.”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Docent has such knowledge of the history of the country and the time when this church was built. I always take the tour to have an understanding of what I'm seeing and I'm always pleased at what I hear. What a beautiful church, built in such an unlikely place and time.

Portland, Oregon
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great History and Reverence”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

What I liked was the tour and the history about the mission in San Xavier del Bac - not just this remaining church but the initial establishment. Don't miss the tour!
What I didn't like is that I had left my phone/camera in the hotel by some freak of something! and bought postcards instead and didn't get to spend as much time as I wanted as I also was balancing business needs and was anxious about the absence of phone.
If you are into prayer candles, you can buy them to put in the church or take and if you want to refresh your own, you can get "used" candles for free.
I'd go back here for sure. Love the whole mission concept and history.

Doylestown, Pennsylvania
143 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“History wrapped in Faith”
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

We always stop at the mission for an hour when we are in Tucson.

You are on your own to walk around and experience your emotions.

After touring there are always native americans cooking fry bread in front. A must try!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Typical historic church”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

historically very Interesting -- from the late 1700's. small museum gives good religious history of the region.