“just the right size”

International Wildlife Museum
Ranked #25 of 301 things to do in Tucson
More attraction details
Owner description: The International Wildlife Museum is dedicated to increasing knowledge of and appreciation for the diverse wildlife of the world, as well as explaining the role of wildlife management in conservation. Founded in 1988, the museum has over 400 kinds of insects, mammals and birds from all over the globe. Some of the collections are more than 100 years old and all the species found at the museum were donated by various government agencies, wildlife rehabilitation centers, captive breeding programs, zoos and individuals. The museum features a collection of animals from all over the world, along with dioramas re-creating the natural environment in which these animals live. Your visit is an excellent opportunity to see animals up close and gain a better understanding of their size and adaptive characteristics. The museum has many touchable specimens on display. All exhibits are indoors and the facility is wheelchair accessible and air-conditioned. Wildlife movies run hourly from 10am until 4pm.
Reviewed February 1, 2012

this museum is well done and is manageable to get around if you only have a couple of hours to spare

1  Thank imsavvy1
There are newer reviews for International Wildlife Museum

Reviewed February 1, 2012

My husband and I had gone out for a drive and found ourselves in the vicinity of the International Wildlife Museum. We had been by this place many times prior and kept saying next time we'll stop. WOW!! Where else can you get right up close with many, many animals that would probably eat you. Well worth the cost of admission.

1  Thank doni-lei
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Before I went to this venue I thought it was a dusty joint full of stiffs! Wrongo! Run, don't walk to the IWM. Loved it. Great learning experience and my toddler LOVED it too. Go figure. And it's on the way out to the desert museum. Make a day of it!

1  Thank ilevare
Reviewed November 28, 2011

...as long as they're stuffed of course!!! I wandered in by mistake and, as the cost of admission was reasonable, I took the tour.

A busman's holiday for taxidermists but I must admit that I found the limit of the number of stuffed animals I can see before becoming downright bored!

Reviewed November 25, 2011

A whole LOT of dead animals... as far as museums go the place is impressive on sheer amount of information, cool building, awesome pond out front, informative exhibits but it made my kids cry and freaked them out... all the dead heads on the wall was way to intense for my middle child. So if you don't have the total nature lover kids that don't care that the animals are dead and stuffed then go for it but my kids didn't handle it well.

4  Thank reverendgaea