“Good Mexican food and generous portions”
Review of El Guero Canelo

El Guero Canelo
Ranked #31 of 2,124 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 7, 2017 via mobile

This is our first time at El Guerrero. I had the special of the day which was 3 Carnitas Tacos and a drink. My wife had the Chicken Carmelo. We shared a small Guacamole and chips. The food was good, the flies were annoying. The serving size was large so if we go again we'll share one entree. After lunch we bought a bag of 8 Churros from the vendor in the parking lot. Everything considered it was ok and I might return to try the Menudo.

Reviewed July 15, 2017 via mobile

We came to get Sonoran Dogs (and they were delicious), but the real showstopper was the Guacamole. Freshly made with perfectly ripened avocados, it was possibly the best I've ever had. Get an extra order of chips so you can eat every single bite of the chunky green deliciousness.

Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

El Guero Canelo started as a Sonoran hot dog cart and now they have this big glass restaurant on Oracle north of Grant.
They're always busy! We've eaten here for 7 years and sadly I have only ordered the pound of beef. I haven't been disappointed yet!
$19 buys dinner for 6 easily! The kitchen gives a pound of carne asada, four cups of fine chopped cabbage and six 6" corn tortillas. (Ok so buy some extra tortillas-get 'em cheaper at the store). Now you have to do some work--there's a condiment bar with the other goodies you need for this meal.
Roasted: jalapeños, yellow peppers, green onions with fat bulbs. Salsas: pico de gallo, roasted green salsa, avocado salsa. Limed red onions, cucumbers limes, and some other fresh stuff.
We usually take it home, but you can eat there. They have Mexican coke, beers and other drinks. They have a full menu, menudo on weekends, and one day I'll go farther. Till then enjoy a great bargain on great food.

Reviewed July 4, 2017

I was referred here by two locals. The Sonoran Hot Dog didn't sound like something I would love but I wanted to try it as it is a local favorite. I had one and then another. The atmosphere is simple and the food is good. There is a sort of toppings bar. The prices displayed include tax. Definitely worth another trip if I should get down to Tucson again.

Reviewed July 2, 2017

Restaurant was clean. Friendly staff and customers. Met some people who have traveled from Phoenix. Food was excellent. Price reasonable.

Been to El Guero Canelo? Share your experiences!