“GREAT VALUE!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I live in Fountain Hills and every time my son comes to visit from Tucson I have him bring us burritos with all the fixins. Best place to eat for the value.

There are newer reviews for El Guero Canelo

Reviewed July 6, 2013

OK it is sort of a Bazzar type atmosphere and the first time I went the thought was, are you kidding? Nope I am not kidding this place is great. The charm of this place is the non ambiance. The menu is basic and I suggest the Sonora Hot God and some stupid good Carne Asada though everything is good. The salsa bar is great and the service is FAST. You get to meet the locals and other tourists if that be you. if you are outgoing you can meet some great people. Try a little of the local flavor and enjoy this place.

1  Thank SDLightpainter
Reviewed June 26, 2013

While my family and I were in Tucson visiting U of A, we went to El Guero Canelo. I was little skeptical about eating here and asking my husband "what kind of hotdog are you talking about?" OMG I am so glad we stopped here, it was delicious and completely different! The hotdog with all the toppings they offer and the bun was so good! We didn’t try anything else but the sonoran dog. Place looks clean and always busy but fast service.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

This restaurant provides Mexican fast food in a large, clean, welcoming atmosphere. The staff is friendly and the feature offering are hot dogs smothered with beans, cheese, mayo, jalapeno sauce, onions, tomatoes, etc... You can get them with or without any of the add-ons, so don't be concerned if you don't like certain offerings. Drinks are primarily a bottle of water or a bottle of soda. I recommend the Sonoran Dog with everything and a bottle of Mexican Coke (made in Mexico). If you are hungry, get a side or two, or order 2 Sonoran dogs. This place won't hurt your wallet. I found it to be fun when you need a quick bite of something a little different. You order on the left, they call your number, you pick up on the right. Enjoy!

1  Thank BizexecMi
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

The food was cold from the beginning even though the restaurant was empty at the time. Sonoran Dogs had plenty of onions, grilled and fresh. There is no easy access to drink refills, must get back in line. It is good for the hunger buster, if you don't care too much about taste. Restaurant has no character, looks like a bus terminal.

Been to El Guero Canelo? Share your experiences!