“Fun for everyone !”

Carnival of Illusion in Tucson
Ranked #18 of 306 things to do in Tucson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Old Tucson is Where the Spirit of the Old West Comes Alive! Southern Arizona's one-of-a-kind Wild West attraction features live action stunt shows, musicals and live entertainment, vintage rides for the kids and special events throughout the season. Step back in time as you make your way through town, walking the same streets made famous by movie legends such as John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, Elizabeth Taylor, Steve Martin, Sharon Stone and more! Home to more than 400 films and commercial productions, Old Tucson remains the region's premier film location. Experience the diversity of our Native American and other cultural ancestry through our living history programs celebrating life in the Arizona Sonora Desert region during Arizona's Territorial Period.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Old Tucson being in the desert, it's obviously pretty hot there.. But they do have inside shows that you can go to that allow you to cool down. I went with my Uncle and we had lots of fun ! Our favorite show was with the stuntmen, they were funny, and they had a splashzone (which was awesome). There is a little train that goes around the whole town, and it's really fun to take, you're able to see things that are not accessible on foot. We also went and took an old western photo, and that was fun too ! The employees there are very nice.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,571)

Reviewed June 18, 2014

If you have ANY interest at all about Hollywood and the Old West, this is a MUST stop. From John Wayne to Clint Eastwood, and more stars in between than in our MIlky Way, if you were a star and made a western, you made at least one here. From actual costumes to the first cameras they used, the history present in this attraction is epic. Wander around, catch a show in the Shady Lady, lots of things to do and see.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

We only touched the surface in a short visit to this old movie studio out in the desert. We didn't have a lot of time but this was a good choice and get a little lost in the feel of the place and the history it represents - both the time it depicts and the movies that were based there. The drive through the cactus covered landscape was an event in itself. The saloon is quite authentic and something to see, as well as the steam locomotive, the stagecoach, the church and the blacksmith shop. And if you have a memory for cinema and television westerns, you can let your imagination give you some fun.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

It`s unbelievable. I went to High School in Tucson, but I never got to go to Old Tucson. Unfortunately Old Tucson burned down the week before I had scheduled a visit. Coming back to Tucson almost 20 years later I had to see Old Tucson and I was amazed by that place. If you walk through Old Tucson you get the impression that you are there together with Billy the kid. I still don`t get it that it took me that long to finally see that place.

1  Thank tobiass383
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We had a wonderful time at Old Tucson Movie Studios. It was late March and the weather was just perfect. Around 80 degrees! The Studio has many tours you can take, and the people who work there are very friendly and informative. My husband went on the horseback riding tour. I decided I wanted to go shopping. Enjoyed the fine shops there. Not like other Amusement Parks, but that was fine with me. I don't like the loud, noisy hyper parks. Will visit again sometime! We live in Michigan and it was wonderful to go somewhere warm and fun in March!

Been to Old Tucson? Share your experiences!