Tripadvisor
Tucson
Post
Inbox
Search

“Worst salad ever! (Old Vail Road location)”

Native Grill & Wings
Order Online
OR
Order Online
Ranked #1,411 of 2,254 Restaurants in Tucson
Description: Native Grill & Wings is a family-friendly sports bar and grill specializing in chicken wings and serving other delicious items like hand-tossed pizzas, burgers, sandwiches, salads, and an array of appetizers. Native Grill & Wings has been serving Best of Phoenix wings to the Valley of the Sun for over 30 years. We are the Coolest Place for the Hottest Wings!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

With about eight different salads on the menu, you would think they could make a decent one. But, no, my Southwest Chicken "Cobb" salad first came drenched in jalapeño ranch dressing even though I had ordered honey mustard dressing "on the side" instead. (Does anyone ever do "double dressing"?!) When I asked the server to take it back, my companion asked if she could have it boxed up since it was a mistake that they were going to throw away anyway. She was met with a resounding "no", saying anything boxed would be charged full price. (Really? That salad went straight into the trash because I couldn't eat it as is.)
When my replacement salad arrived, it was simply a bowl of iceberg lettuce with about 5 chicken chunks on top. The dressing was now on the side, but the advertised avacado, egg, and cheese were entirely missing. I found about a tablespoon of corn at the bottom of the bowl, and there were a few scattered tortilla strips, but that was IT! What a rip-off! By then I was starving, and my companion was half done, so I just ate the darn thing and went home hungry.
Never going there again! I know this is primarily a wings and pizza place, but it doesn't take much talent to make a decent salad, folks!

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (44)

Reviewed November 10, 2019

We like to go here to watch football. The service is variable, sometimes good and sometimes not so good. The food is consistently average and always greasy. I wish they had some good low fat and low carb options. The salads are not good.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed August 6, 2019 via mobile

Decent wings, chicken and graduating hot sauces. Limited draft beer. Lots of TVs with sports. Mac and cheese was tasty. Waitresses were good.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed June 5, 2019

We go here once in awhile for a burger. We used to eat here more often but the menu changed and the food has lost some of its quality.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed April 15, 2019

We had never been here and needed to stop for a late lunch. There were lots of specials that we decided to take advantage of on a Wednesday.....the boneless wings (not our typical choice, but they were good) were half price as were a number of the apps. We tried the Buffalo fries and they were very tasty albeit a little too substantial with our wings. Draft was also on sale for the smaller pints, but the waitress really had no clue (hubby did the calculation). Will be back again for the food - very good and reasonable with the deals they had on at lunch time.

Date of visit: March 2019

Been to Native Grill & Wings? Share your experiences!