“The Illusionist Room”

Ace of Escape
Ranked #9 of 54 Fun & Games in Tucson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Enjoy a fun live escape room experience close to downtown Tucson & the U of A. We have two locations: 48 North Tucson Blvd and downtown at 406 N. Church Ave. You and your group will race against the clock to find hidden clues, solve puzzles, and unlock the final key to escape. Whether you succeed or fail, at Ace of Escape, your group will leave elated & longing to do more! We offer three escape room experiences ranging in difficulty, but designed for fun!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed December 29, 2017 via mobile

We had a great time. Took us 44 minutes to solve. Lots of fun. Great team building exercise. Brittany and Kathy made it fun.

AceofEscape T, Owner at Ace of Escape, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2018

Thank you so much did your review. Hope to see you back soon.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"illusionist"
"blast"

Reviewed December 29, 2017

Several friends and I went here a few weeks ago to do the "Stuck in the 70's Room". I have been to a couple of escape rooms, and some of my friends had, also. There were some first timers with us. We were able to escape, thanks to those with experience; but it was close!

We had a great time at Ace of Escape. The service by our game master, Brittany, was excellent. She was very attentive and clear, and was very careful to limit her clues to only what we really needed. The room itself did a good job of giving bits of clues early that would be used later. I found myself wondering about them a lot while playing. The props were very authentic. Afterwards, there was a photo op and signing on the walls to indicate our escape. Next time we are in Tucson, we will try another room at Ace of Escape. Their location has recently moved to a larger venue. Love their interior décor. How do they think this stuff up?! Plenty of parking nearby.

Thank you for taking the two me to write such a nice review. We look forward to your return to Tucson.

Reviewed September 13, 2017

My siblings and I did the 70s room and managed to "escape" 3 minutes past the deadline and with the use of all the hints (we could have used more). It was fun to walk into the room with the decor and music of that era, which most of us remembered well. The hints were very challenging and obscure, and the first-time escapers had a hard time following what we were supposed to do. But we all helped in one way or another to unlock the locks and solve the clues. It was particularly nice that we had the room to ourselves. Allison was just wonderful, greeting and guiding us thru the whole event. A great experience!

AceofEscape T, Owner at Ace of Escape, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2017

Thanks so much for coming in and leaving the review. Your sibling group was fantastic and we always enjoy hosting a fun experience for wonderful groups like yours! Hope everyone enjoyed their time in Tucson!

Reviewed September 5, 2017 via mobile

I have been to the S. Scott location twice; once as a team building exercise with colleagues and once with middle school students. Both experiences were really positive. Our middle school group was large but the hosts were patient and explained everything clearly, taking questions and ensuring that those that had visited before went in a different room. With a lot of people it can be harder and both times there were an element of people that felt they couldn't participate perhaps as much as they would have liked, I'd like to return with just my family to see if a small group environment would make a difference.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 10, 2017

My teenage son, wife and I did the 70's room; which apparently is suppose to be a little more difficult room. There was another family there to be in a different escape room. We've never done an escape room before and for the price had high expectations about the experience. First, the host really needs to attend some Toastmasters meetings and brush up on his public speaking skills and how to make people feel more welcome. I was expecting (again due to the pricing) that the decor and styling of the '70's Room' would be much more , well, stylish and tastefully sophisticated, '70's' way. It felt more like a thrift store with 42 year old junk in it. As for the the challenges in the room, I felt that the process was too vague to proceed with out any clues. With the clues, proceeding was sometimes helpful, but I could not see how anyone can proceed without clues. Even the clues were kind of obscure. I don't know, maybe I'm just dumb. ( If you never tried an escape room, and you might be a little dumb, try the easiest room first to get an idea how this goes). I'll admit I've never been one to like brain teasers, but I would think even with 'brain teaser skills' it was still a bit obscure on how to proceed through it. If I paid out a total $30 for all three of us I'd feel the whole experience was an interesting way to spend an hour, but having paid nearly $100 to feel frustrated and dumb in a chintzy room, I've learned that the best way to escape this place is to never go back. Sorry to sound bitter, but for the money, the value was very poor.. Maybe it was simply our fault for being too confident to try a more difficult room. Maybe we should have just tried an easier room first.

AceofEscape T, Owner at Ace of Escape, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2017

We are saddened to hear that you did not enjoy your experience. Escape rooms are generally very puzzle oriented and missing even subtle clues may leave someone asking how on something. That specific room does have a clear written starting point. It sounds like the various combination of expectations and missing certain clues resulted in an unsatisfactory experience for you. Please PM us so we can try and make it right.