“Cancellation Policy more than fair”
Review of Betsy Ross Lodging

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lubec
Betsy Ross Lodging
Ranked #6 of 8 Lubec B&B and Inns
Portland, Maine
“Cancellation Policy more than fair”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I see that a previous review was written concerning the cancellation policy for Betsy Ross Lodging. I would like to add my experience. At the end of this past September, I booked two nights at the Inn for early October. We needed to cancel the day before we were to arrive. I called, explained our situation and offered to pay whatever the cancellation policy dictated. I was told that there was no problem and there would be no charge. They couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating. I look forward to trying again next Fall.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Claudmille
BRL61, Owner at Betsy Ross Lodging, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for your review on our cancellation policy.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Bangor, Maine
Reviewed September 17, 2013

A great lodging! Bill runs a tight shop. Everything is spotless (even the wine glasses for the free wine in the lobby---beer also). It a delight to go here at least once a year (although I didn't make it last year).

Room Tip: I always have room 2; however, I have seen others and they are appointed just as nicely, just differ...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Moncton, Canada
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed at the Betsy Ross September 13 & 14. It was a wonderful stay, the owners Diana and Bill are fantastic and very accommodating. I have no complaints about the lodge itself, but being in room #1 and beside the front door isn't the best place for a light sleeper ... However, out of anyone's control. Would highly recommend this little gem to anyone, and I am certain that you would be satisfied. Extremely clean and comfortable, complimentary beer and wine, also in room coffee and tea. The wifi next door is open but shuts down about 8pm at night. Relaxing weekend, which was what we were looking for. Glad to have found this place!

• Stayed September 2013
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Rather than traveling back to Portland the day before I flew home, I decided to stay in Lubec another night. Fortunately, this lovely inn had one room left because my first hotel had no availability for me to extend my stay. I wish I'd found the Betsy Ross first. The hostess was so friendly and accommodating. And the interior is just my style with a lot, and I do mean a lot, of woodwork. I stayed in Room 1 on the first floor, and it was very peaceful. And it had a coffee maker with fresh ground coffee (not the kind in the individual pack)! I am so fortunate to have had an opportunity to experience this little gem.

Room Tip: Room 1 has no other rooms around it.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Eastern Canada
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I will let you read the other reviews on Lubec and focus on the Betsy Ross. there are a number of B&B's and small inns that you can chose from, and I am sure they are all clean and well maintained. the Betsy Ross is no exception. We were in room 3, and it was spotless.

So why am I giving this establishment a 5 rating? The Inn keepers. What a delight. We had a bit of a drive and we were welcomed by Diana or actually her husband met us out side and at once, showed us that this was a laid back, comfortable place to be but still had a great sense of pride and that showed in the service, and housekeeping.

Diana offered us a complimentary beer or wine and told us where to eat. What a delight.

I will say that our trip was cut a little short, but there is a ferry service to Eastport for a day excursion, of course that great Canadian Campobello Island to explore. In the evening on the weekend there is music at the Irish pub a short walk down the street and we enjoyed ourselves at AnnaBell's where local talent was showing off with an open mike night.

Enjoy Lubec but be sure and book the Betsy Ross.

Please like this review if it was helpful ... Cheers.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SteveEasternCanada
Coral Springs, Florida
Reviewed August 15, 2013

My husband and I decided to visit Lubec, Maine because we wanted an "off the beaten path" place to go on Maine's coast. There aren't a lot of places to stay in Lubec, so I turned to TripAdvisor to help me decide where to stay for our two-day stay. Based on the positive reviews on TA, we booked the Betsy Ross.

What a lovely place! It's small--only four rooms. We stayed in Room 4, which has a double bed and two twins, even though there were only two of us--my husband and myself. The inn is a replica of Betsy Ross's actual house in Philadelphia, and is decorated in red, white, and blue, with very much a patriotic theme. We found that wonderful! Everything is very clean, and nicely appointed.

We could look out our window and see Campobello Island across the water!

Anyway, Diane, the innkeeper, was extremely welcoming. As you check in, you are shown the refrigerator, which contains beer, wine, and sodas for the inn's guests. Breakfast is not served, so it's not an actual bed and breakfast, but that wasn't a big deal to us. There are several places nearby where we could get coffee and breakfast. '

The Betsy Ross is on the main drag of Lubec, and again, we loved the small-town-ness of Lubec.

Here's a heads-up: since Lubec is next to Campobello Island, New Brunswick, the only cell service that existed was by a Canadian provider. There is a house phone at the Betsy Ross on the first floor, and Diane explained that guests could call anywhere in the US or Canada using that phone. We did avail ourselves of this one time.

There is no wireless in the Betsy Ross, but Lubec's library is next door, so we'd piggyback on its wireless signal when we needed to access the Internet.

The beds were extremely comfortable, and sleeping at night, hearing the sound of the foghorn in the harbor was very relaxing.

Would I stay at the Betsy Ross again? Definitely. Would I recommend it? Absolutely. If you ever to go Lubec, do youself a favor and stay at the Betsy Ross.

Room Tip: the descriptions of the rooms on the Betsy Ross website are very accurate. choose whichever appeals...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fl_mermaid
Boothbay Harbor, Maine, United States
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My wife and I spent Sept 28 and 29 in room 1 at the Betsy Ross. Beautiful room very comfortable bed. The room was uber clean and our host was friendly and helpful. Free beer and wine - help yourself - you don't find that very often. Walking distance to everything in town. All in all great place to stay. We will be back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank John W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lubec
The Inn at the Wharf
#1 of 13 in Saint Andrews
Redclyffe Shore Motel
Redclyffe Shore Motel
#1 of 1 in Robbinston

Been to Betsy Ross Lodging? Share your experiences!