“Good comfort food”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2013

American style menu which is not my taste but others like it a lot. I had the pizza and it was OK. Good value for the money, I guess.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stopped here for lunch on our way to Campobello island. Went to the take out window. Had to ring the bell for service, but the young man who waited on us was pleasant and helpful. Our burgers we cooked well but still juicy and the cheese completely melted. The onion rings and fries were very good.

For a quick meal on the fly.... it was very good at a reasonalbe price!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

The menu is varied and the food is reasonably-priced. Our stuffed haddock was excellent. It was busy, and we had to wait awhile before our order was taken. But the food came relatively quickly.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

The choices to eat on Campobello are very slim so we went down to Lubec for dinner. We chose Uncle Kippy's on a recommendation. We arrived a little early so they were not very busy but, it appeared that the people in there were locals. Two more couples arrived after we did. The server took their orders and they were served before we were. It appeared that the locals got preferential service. I ordered the lobster dinner and it was very good. My wife ordered the haddock & chips and it was very good. Our server did not come to back to check on us after she brought the food. Overall the food was fine the service was not very good. If you go there to eat and you're not a local just be prepared to get marginal service.

1  Thank Richard F
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Our family of four had been down to the lighthouse and needed some food. We happened upon the empty parking lot at Uncle Kippy's and decided to give it a try based on tripadvisor's ratings. We were a little worried when we walked in- it looked like a firehall social room - huge with lots of formica tables and vinyl padded chairs and no real décor. But we sat and ordered from a lovely middle-aged woman (reminded me of my favorite aunt!). Well the pizza came and we all dug in and it was delicious!!! Crust not too thin or too thick. The sauce a little sweet and spicy and a generous covering of cheese. When the waitress came to ask how it was all I could do was say mmmmm as my mouth was full and she just gave me a knowing look and said it's a good pizza isn't it?! We left comfortable full, wallets not emptied, and not one complaint to be had! Our only regret is that we were too full to try the homemade cakes. If you are looking for fancy wood oven pizza with imported fixings this is not the place. If you want a truly tasty meal served by a lovely group of ladies this is it!

1  Thank Amy265