“What's Not to Like”

The Inn at the Wharf Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 16 Restaurants in Lubec
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Enjoy the freshest seafood delivered daily to our wharf. We offer casual fine dining with a view of the water from every table. Enjoy the sunset from our deck and magnificent views of the bay.
Reviewed August 19, 2014

We just returned from Lubec Maine. My father and I ate at this restaurant. We both had the lobster dinner. The lobster and everything that came with it was great! Apart from the food, the service was great, the view was absolutely beautiful and the price was completely reasonable. It was a wonderful experience and we will definitely go back if we are in the area!

1  Thank EmmyMar
There are newer reviews for The Inn at the Wharf Restaurant

Reviewed August 18, 2014

First of all, where the heck is the chef that gets these 4 & 5 star reviews? This was one of THE WORST meals ever!! We ordered seafood linguine. Everything was deep fried then put on top of terribly thick Alfredo sauce. Not good at all. The soft shell lobster that we ordered was questionable whether it was fully cooked or not. They also ran out of French fries. Really?! Isn't that a staple that every restaurant should have? The clam chowder left something to be desired also. I think it would taste better out of a can. The waitress was kind of rude to boot. They were getting a big group in later and we got the impression that she wanted us to hurry up so she didn't have to deal with us later when the rush came. Talk about hospitality!
Normally reviews of this place consist of good food and service, but not with me! This was truly one of the worst meals I've ever had. Highly disappointed.
DO NOT EAT HERE. THE MISTAKE OF A LIFETIME.

1  Thank Mitchell G
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Ate here on a rainy Sunday. Had the Captain's Platter with a baked potato and Swiss chard. Liked there were lots of veggie choices. Moosehead on tap..... Yum. Only problem is I had a choice of grilled or fried. I ordered grilled and it came fried. Others would see this as a major problem. I ate it anyway. Batter didn't stick very well. Not too expensive.

Reviewed August 16, 2014

My wife and I ate two meals at the Inn on the Wharf. We stopped there for lunch, and had an absolutely wonderful experience. The service was outstanding, and the seafood was amazing: fresh and beautifully prepared. We ate the seafood stew (tomato base, garlicky, and wonderful), and steamed perinwinkles. Both perfect.
We went back for dinner and again had excellent food: crabcakes, baked stuffed haddock, and lobster mac-n-cheese. Wonderful. This time, however, there were issues with the service. It seemed that our server and the cook got into a spat, with repeated miscues on what dishes we ordered (we were served the wrong dishes twice). Luckily, the management was kind enough to offer us free desserts (a wonderful lemon cake and fresh rasberry pie).
I would definitely come here again- it is the best restaurant in Lubec.

1  Thank Jim R
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Not on the main drag, so easy to miss (it's around a curve and over a hill past the town boat landing) this is a very nice little restaurant in a great location with very good food and service. We almost left without ordering, because my wife wanted fish chowder instead of the seafood chowder on the menu (she can't eat shellfish). But the chef offered to make up a shellfish-free haddock chowder just for her from scratch - that's a wow in my book! So we said great, and can you make two orders, one to take with us? It was very good, as was the take-out portion at home the next day. I had the seafood chowder - also excellent. The Inn looks very appealing for a future visit, and they also have kayak and bicycle rentals.

1  Thank HMac_2013