“outstanding”
Review of Eastland Motel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lubec
Eastland Motel
Ranked #1 of 8 Lubec B&B and Inns
“outstanding”
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

my fiance and I had traveled through New Brunswick Nova Scotia Cape Breton and Prince Edward Island via motorcycles staying in hotels every night...we decided to stop and visit Lübeck and Campobello Island on the way home. Eastland motel was the best value and the cleanest by far compared to anywhere we stayed.. Heather and Dale made us feel like family. They recently purchased a motorcycle so chatting about bikes made our day. they truly are very good people.. when they went out of their way to make our stay pleasant I knew that they were the real deal....

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank bigdaddyofmaine
Eastland1, Owner at Eastland Motel, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thanks for choosing to stay at The Eastland...We thought your bike was "outstanding" and loved talking with you! It is so nice for us to finally be able to ride off on our own bike when time allows. The experience has provided us with a whole new appreciation for those of you on your own bike adventure! Safe travels!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We needed a pet friendly place to stay while my husband took a boat trip out to see puffins. The only place that met that requirement was the Eastland Motel. Pulled in not expecting much, but were delighted with what we found. Our room was large, scrupulously clean with a fridge, coffee maker and microwave. When Heather found out that Dale was leaving so early in the morning, she brought out breakfast to the room before we turned in so he could have his muffin and yogurt before he left and mine would be there when I awoke. If you were there long enough (we weren't) there are picnic tables and grills and a really huge back yard for relaxing or letting the dog run. Since they were totally booked for the next day we were unable to book the room for a second night, but Heather was wonderful about the fact that our dog and I would be hanging out for several hours after check-out time waiting. She encouraged staff to wait and clean my room last and then offered whatever I needed to make my wait comfortable. We shared travel stories and she told me about the upgrades that were coming. Can't wait to return to the area to see the completed work! Thank you, Heather, for your gracious hospitality.

Room Tip: If I were to do anything different, it would be to ask for a room facing the back.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Candy P
Eastland1, Owner at Eastland Motel, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
It was a pleasure to have met you both and I thoroughly enjoyed Cassie's company as well! Thanks for the travel tips too! The remodels will continue so I hope you have the opportunity to return and enjoy the new and improved Eastland Motel!
Pasadena, Maryland
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Easternmost motel in the US; near Campobello Island. Updated rooms; comfortable and affordable. Lovely owners;very friendly! Toured the FDR'S exhibit and grounds. Enjoyed the ferry ride to St. John's.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Eastland1, Owner at Eastland Motel, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thanks so much for staying at The Eastland while you enjoyed the area's many attractions! Roosevelt's Park is one of our most favorite sites to see. And Campobello Island is absolutely beautiful. We are Thrilled that you had the opportunity to enjoy them as well!
New Jersey
Reviewed August 7, 2013

It was late and I was low on gas while driving through Maine to Canada. I turned right off the highway when I saw a sign for a motel. Glen was very pleasant when I was checking in, but the big surprise was getting to my room and finding the same Arts and Crafts furniture as I have in my own bedroom. The room was very clean and comfortable. There were fresh muffins, coffee, juice and yogurt for breakfast. Heather and Glen were helpful with information about the area and I ended up exploring for an extra day on Campobello and Deer Island. I enjoyed breakfast conversation with other guests in the reception area. This motel was a lovely surprise!

Room Tip: I loved room 4, it was just like home.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank b8ee
Eastland1, Owner at Eastland Motel, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
We were happy to accomodate you as well! And so happy that you felt so at home with our new furniture. You have great taste! : )
Woburn, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My cousin and I stayed at the Eastland Motel in Lubec for the second time in two summers. All the other reviews are right, Heather and Glen (the owners) are great, Heather was anxious to help with information and even drew us a map! They have made many improvements at the motel since we stayed there in the summer of 2012. The rooms are spotless, and the staff is friendly and always available to answer questions. The motel seemed to be fully booked, but at night it was quiet and peaceful for sleeping. I will definitely stay there again on my next trip to Lubec.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sharon D
Eastland1, Owner at Eastland Motel, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
I should have signed that map! It will surely become a coveted collectors item... And you should have mentioned that my map drawing skills far surpass Glen's haaaaa! Thanks so much for staying with us again. We truly enjoy your company and look forward to your return!
Pelham, New Hampshire
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Wow! A pleasant surprise. We stayed for 2 nights in Room 8 that has its own designated parking spot and a queen size bed that was so very comfortable!

As mentioned in another review, don't be turned off by the sign that is obviously old style.

Juice, yogurt, homemade muffins, fruit, coffee, tea are included. Free Wi-Fi.

A/C was noisy and we neglected to mention it to the office when we left in the morning.

3 1/2 miles from Water Street. Try dining at the Inn on the Wharf that has friendly service and great views. Be sure to make a reservation and dine early as they close at 8.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fudgbug
Eastland1, Owner at Eastland Motel, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write this wonderful review! You were fortunate enough to be the first to enjoy the new pillow top mattress in Room #8. Sorry about the A/C noise. We will take care of that immediately. AND, I am so happy to report that a new modern and colorful motel sign will be erected Labor Day weekend!
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Stayed here for one night in July. The room is not fancy by any means but spotless and comfortable. You have everything you need. The owners were very friendly and you can tell they work very hard. We had delicious home made muffins for breakfast. Heather said she had picked raspberries the day before. When my husband checked out there were some muffins left and they didn't mind him taking a few for the road! Would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Eastland1, Owner at Eastland Motel, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Hopefully when you return, you will be able to stay in one of our "fancy" rooms. We are working non-stop to update and improve. Happy to hear you enjoyed some of the few batches of raspberry muffins. They were difficult to produce as Glen would eat the raspberries faster than I could pick them!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lubec
Granite Town Hotel
The Algonquin Resort St. Andrews by-the-Sea, Autograph Collection
Deer Island Inn
Deer Island Inn
#1 of 3 in Deer Island

Been to Eastland Motel? Share your experiences!