“A pleasant place to stay”
Review of Eastland Motel

Eastland Motel
Ranked #2 of 8 Lubec B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I would stay here again and I fully recommend the place to anyone who is looking for clean and comfortable accommodations. The motel is typical of older places - a rambling one-story, with parking out front, half paved and half with gravel. The location on the main road to 'downtown' Lubec and the bridge to Campobello was ideal.

The owner is updating the corridor, so it was in a state of partial demolition and partial restoration, with building materials stored by the entryway. The room was large, clean and comfortable. It included a refrigerator and microwave. The WiFi worked fine. The bedding was comfortable. The A/C worked great.

The complimentary breakfast is served in the office, so it was grab and go back to your room to eat. It included home-baked blueberry muffins, which were wonderful. The coffee was good. Nothing to complain about at all.

The woman and the young man (her son?) who worked the office were pleasant and attentive.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

The Eastland is just 10 min. or so from the international bridge to Campobello Is., West Quoddy head light and the village of Lubec, Maine. It is right on the main hwy. Rooms were clean and spacious. Coffee in rooms. The place is a bit dated but they are in the process of a major update. Even so, the place was neat and orderly in spite of the work. The breakfast was adequate: coffee, juice, yogurt, muffins etc... For $70 a night I wasn't expecting any food at all, so what they offered was fine. Great value for the money I'd say.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 24, 2012

we had went to me for the blueberry fest, had wanted to stay colse but all was booked. i had called this motel which is about 28 miles out, it couldn't had benn the best choice we made than staying in town. i was so please and happy with the EASTLAND MOTEL, i was glad eveyone was booked or we wouldn't had had such a good time. the owners are great, very helpful and knows the area well. we did so much, learned a lot about the history of that area. the town was 3/4 of a mile but so awesome. the resturants were just as great, we actually made sure we were in the area for lunch and dinner. the beauty of nature there is awesome,the colors that will arrive in the fall will be speechless. i can't say enough about the onwers, they are remodling the place but even still it doesn't affect the visit. we would stay there agin with all hands up. oh yea they have a grill and tables in the back will soon adding firepit for use of the guest. THANKS FOR A GREAT STAY, WE WILL STAY THERE AGAIN. the owners HEATHER/GLEN are great. if you need anything they will help you in any way they can. HEATHER makes great muffins for breakfast.
MICHELE

Room Tip: even that it sits on the main road in and out of town you would never know it. it was very quiet and...
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Some of the rooms have been lovingly redone but some are not yet remodeled. We checked in late and had one of the older rooms. Everything was squeaky clean (so clean that I went LOOKING for something but couldn't find anything!) and the room was huge but there was old carpet and my asthma/allergies had already been acting up before we arrived. The next day, I let the owners know about my problem with the carpet and Heather immediately told me about an ionizer that she had due to a family member of hers with asthma. Glen got it out and ran it in the room for me and it worked wonders for me. The attention to making customers happy is what makes this hotel stand out. As others have already said, the muffins are great! I am giving a 3* for cleanliness only because of old carpets. I saw the new rooms and I would give those a 5* for cleanliness.

Room Tip: Ask for a remodeled room
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2012

$90 for a double room in August - no issues with fitiing a family of four in. Room was clean and comfortable, with nice touches like a small fridge and coffee maker. Quiet despite being close to the road (not much traffic in the Lubec area....). Owners are super friendly and hosted a lively breakfast in the main office with fresh baked muffins and coffee. What more could you ask from a little roadside motel?!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank CKMtraveller
Reviewed August 16, 2012

A basic motel with caring owners and staff. Excellent value and very clean. Request a renovated room. Excellent high speed internet service. Good continental breakfast with homemade muffins. I definitely recommend the Eastland. The Roosevelt cottage on nearby Campobello Island is a must see.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

I stayed here 8 days. Nothing real fancy, but met my needs in an area where there aren't many choices. Previous motel had no AC, and in August the humidity REQUIRES AC. Mini fridge, micro in my small room. Very small TV but it had plenty of stations. Super friendly and helpful proprietors. They told me they are slowly but surely rehabbing all the rooms, my hadn't been done yet. I wanted to do laundry but at $5/load, decided I could wait.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the rehabbed ones.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo