“Incredible Ambiance... Great food"”

Water Street Tavern & Inn
Ranked #2 of 18 Restaurants in Lubec
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Overlooking the harbor, The Water Street Tavern & Inn was not in Lubec the last time I visited and we stopped in for dinner to try it out on our Columbus Day Weekend getaway. What a lovely venue! The service was excellent and the food was wonderful. It's a great addition to what is becoming a great, out of the way tourist destination on the rustic coast of Maine.

Reviewed October 2, 2011

Food was good but server needed a lot more training. She was young and absolutely had no clue how to wait a table. Almost as if she had never eaten in a restaurant herself. Took forever to get menus.
Served the salads with the meal. Biscuits were frozen inside. Funny thing was, waitress really wanted to get it right. Tried to be very friendly. The meal was definately comical and kept us entertained.
It's hard to rate the dining experience when service is so important when eating out. The food, however was very tastey. I had ribs and friends had seafood.

Reviewed September 18, 2011

Ate here on a slow Friday afternoon. Cozy water view table, excellent service, and the food?! Omg, The Maine Berry Salad? Best sald I've ever had, period. The clam chowder? Ditto. I'm from New England, have had 5,000 bowls of clam chowder in my life; never better. 'Nuff said. Run, don't walk. I'm tempted to drive there tonight for dinner, and it's 200 miles from where I live...

Reviewed September 10, 2011

High-end pub food, good selection of beers. There was live music when I was there - not sure how often this is the case. It was 2 guys with acoustic guitars and I appreciated that it wasn't so loud as to drown out conversation.

Reviewed September 9, 2011

While I tried to sample most of the restaurants in Lubec, this was the one I kept returning to. I just love the ambience of this restaurant and tavern, a beautifully restored historic building overlooking Lubec's harbor. This is one of two more upscale restaurants (though still casual, of course) to have recently opened in Lubec, contributing to a growing range of dining options. I found the fare to very fresh, wholesome, and appealing. I can't describe the Maine berry salad (which I had as an appetizer, not entree), but it is phenomenally good--and for some perplexing reason, nearly impossible to recreate at home. My food preferences are relatively simple, but others around me seemed to be enjoying the more novel appetizer and menu options--The Brazilian seafood stew seemed to be a very popular choice. Nice wine selection and *enormous* desserts. Excellent Maine root beer. Very friendly owners. Enjoyable live music one night.