“Small ... Small .. Small portions.”
Review of Frank's Dockside

Frank's Dockside
Ranked #2 of 16 Restaurants in Lubec
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: New, wonderful atmosphere, extensive menu, watch seals as you dine
Eastern Canada
“Small ... Small .. Small portions.”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

What can I say? for $14.95 you get 6 clams with fries. They tasted okay, but really 6???? That is what my wife ordered. I wanted something different so I ordered a Philly Steak, the waitress even asked my if I wanted peppers and onion. This is a Philly Steak Sandwich isn't it, I thought? then I found out to get cheese, it was a dollar extra. WHAT??? Really?? I thought "your going to nickel and dime me on an over priced dish? Now when it arrived, with the cheese, there was nothing else but shaved beef and a processed bun. WOW, what a disappointment.

I love Trip Advisor. If I made a fuss, I would have embarrassed my wife and they may have done something for me, but would anything change? Instead, I get to post this and say Buyer beware. The local that recommended this place met us on the one small main street later and asked us how it was. Before we could answer, he said the food is good but the portions are small. He was right with my wife's dish but not with mine.

Please, if you go here, let them know that a TA reviewer said to stay away ... and then do that. It might help them survive, because unless something changes, they will never get repeat customers and with more reviews, they will be out of business. It is a great location and I don't want to see that ending for this place, but they have to get real with their customers.

If you found this review helpful, Please like it :-)

• Visited August 2013
4 Thank SteveEasternCanada

Coral Springs, Florida
“Great Food, Varied Selection”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I had read many positive reviews of Frank's before our recent visit to Lubec, Maine. I have to say everything lived up to its reputation.

The menu is extensive, and there are quite a few daily specials as well.

Portions are very generous as well.

My husband and I both ordered Italian entrees--he had the spaghetti and meatballs, and I had the eggplant parmesean. Neither of us could finish our meals, and unfortunately, we didn't have room for dessert.

Would we recommend Frank's? Absolutely!!!

Visited August 2013
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Great lunch!”
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

We had lunch here on the deck. It was beautiful! We loved watching the seals and birds as we ate. The food was very good and we had a very friendly server. We will be back!

• Visited August 2013
Hershey, Pennsylvania
“Happily, we weren't in a rush.”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

The food was better than the service. We waited a painfully long time as did the table that was seated before us. I ordered a lobster roll. It was the best of the three lobster rolls I had on our trip to Maine. The french fries were merely french fries. If one's a big french fry fan, they served quite a mound of them. My husband's onion rings were ok, though a bit heavily breaded and fried for me. The place came well recommended. Based on that recommendation and the lobster roll, I'd try them again. They have a lovely deck that overlooks the bay. Unfortunately, it was full when we arrived.

• Visited July 2013
Omaha, Nebraska
“Wanted Cake But I was Too Cold!”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We sat out on the deck of Frank's and had a beautiful view. My husband had the shrimp which he said was delicious. I only had a salad because I had eaten a big meal earlier in the day. The salad was plentiful and good. I wish I could have ordered some of the Italian food because the smell of the sauce was making my mouth water. They had a special cake for dessert (I think it was called Fogbank) which I really wanted but as the sun went down I was freezing on the deck and couldn't stay any longer. They even have a basket filled with blankets for customers to use but even with a blanket I was too cold.

Visited July 2013