“Great Food, Varied Selection”
Review of Frank's Dockside

Frank's Dockside
Ranked #2 of 16 Restaurants in Lubec
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: New, wonderful atmosphere, extensive menu, watch seals as you dine
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I had read many positive reviews of Frank's before our recent visit to Lubec, Maine. I have to say everything lived up to its reputation.

The menu is extensive, and there are quite a few daily specials as well.

Portions are very generous as well.

My husband and I both ordered Italian entrees--he had the spaghetti and meatballs, and I had the eggplant parmesean. Neither of us could finish our meals, and unfortunately, we didn't have room for dessert.

Would we recommend Frank's? Absolutely!!!

Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

We had lunch here on the deck. It was beautiful! We loved watching the seals and birds as we ate. The food was very good and we had a very friendly server. We will be back!

Reviewed August 8, 2013

The food was better than the service. We waited a painfully long time as did the table that was seated before us. I ordered a lobster roll. It was the best of the three lobster rolls I had on our trip to Maine. The french fries were merely french fries. If one's a big french fry fan, they served quite a mound of them. My husband's onion rings were ok, though a bit heavily breaded and fried for me. The place came well recommended. Based on that recommendation and the lobster roll, I'd try them again. They have a lovely deck that overlooks the bay. Unfortunately, it was full when we arrived.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We sat out on the deck of Frank's and had a beautiful view. My husband had the shrimp which he said was delicious. I only had a salad because I had eaten a big meal earlier in the day. The salad was plentiful and good. I wish I could have ordered some of the Italian food because the smell of the sauce was making my mouth water. They had a special cake for dessert (I think it was called Fogbank) which I really wanted but as the sun went down I was freezing on the deck and couldn't stay any longer. They even have a basket filled with blankets for customers to use but even with a blanket I was too cold.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Chicken Florentine was excellent (even if the calorie counter must of been having fun...). Crab stuffed mushrooms were very good. Staff were nice.