“Great Food and Service!”
Review of Frank's Dockside

Frank's Dockside
Ranked #2 of 16 Restaurants in Lubec
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: New, wonderful atmosphere, extensive menu, watch seals as you dine
Reviewed September 29, 2012

The atmosphere is quiet! You can enjoy your meal with out 100's of people in and out. The food is amazing, I had the chicken and fries basket! The waitresses know what they are doing, and are very pleasant.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Stayed in the area for several days and might not have tried Frank's except for the glowing reviews of others. Frank's looks very modest, but the food is fabulous. The fish chowder was the best ever, and my chicken dish (can't remember what it was called but it was like a piccata) was worthy of the very best restaurants. Fish is really good also and the service was excellent.
Has a nice back deck for warm weather also.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Good food. Great view. Service was good. You can usually see seals swimming in the bay. Family friendly.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Frank's does not look like much from the outside but it really delivers good food at very reasonable prices. The menu is very large for a small place and the sauces are all made from scratch. I had a great veal dish that rivaled Portland's best. Very modest wine list (could use a little upgrade) but that's not why you'd pick Frank's. Give it a try...you'll love it.

1  Thank brjack
Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

I was so excited and delighted to walk into Frank's and see the stylish decor and tasteful menu items. I was expecting a fast-food clam fry and was pleasantly surprised. We decided to try the appetizers - crab stuffed mushrooms and fried pickles. Both a favorite of mine. It was a bit of a wait, but they had little cards that explained different types of sea glass so we were occupied. We received the dishes and decided to try the mushrooms first. I immediately pulled out a hair. Being an optimist, I speculated that it could possibly have been my hair that came off my clothes when I reached over for the plate. The mushrooms were delicious! But then.. I bit into a crab shell. Yuck. Nothing ruins a dinner more. I gritted my teeth and took another bite - and found yet another small piece of crab shell! I've had crab stuffed mushrooms dozens of times and never had a shell before. I stopped eating the mushrooms and moved onto the fried pickles. I picked one up, opened up... And noticed another hair! It was literally WRAPPED around the fried pickle. I gagged, realizing I was eating food with hair all through it!! The waitress only charged for drinks but when we went to pay (the kitchen is in front of the registers, we noticed that nobody was wearing hairnets. The long haired cook (who I suspected was the culprit was wearing a hat, but his hair was dangling down beneath it. As a prior service worker I know for a fact that his hair should have been tied. Ack somehow or should have had more protection. To make it worse, he was ANGRY and didn't believe us about the hair! We walked out, vowing never to return.
1 hair + 2 crab shell pieces + another hair + angry unsanitary workers = never going there again!

4  Thank Busybeetraveler0901