This funny little hotel has been built into an old sardine factory and, yes, there's sometimes a faint fishy smell as it is still on a working wharf. That said there was no smell in our room at all and the uniqueness of the hotel is such that it is one place you will never forget. And it represents terrific value for money.
While tucked away at the back of Lubec, the location is excellent with great views out over the Harbour. All very quiet and peaceful.
The rooms are very large, if simply appointed. The rooms are somewhat long and narrow having been retrofitted into the industrial architecture of the old factory.
One feature that we really liked was the very large common area with kitchen etc. not only is it easy to get your own breakfast but it is also great for meeting other guests.
There is a small laundry in a cupboard at the end of the hall.
The attached restaurant is surprisingly good. While the menu might be a bit limited, the food was excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy an oceanfront lifestyle and lodging in an elegantly renovated 100 year old sardine factory in Lubec, Maine. The Inn at the Wharf offers stunning ocean views and its own wharf. Each suite includes a bedroom, bath and a large sitting area, and opens to a large gathering room, kitchen and deck. Each oceanfront apartment includes two bedrooms, two baths, den, kitchen, dining and living areas, each with its own deck and complete laundry facilities. Free indoor secure parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your The Inn at the Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At The Wharf Hotel Lubec
- The Inn At The Wharf Lubec, Maine