What a great place to stay. We arrived later then we thought we would because I didn't have clear directions to the location. You have to follow the signs to the State Park. Once we arrived there was a note waiting for us telling us our room was open and the key was inside. It was as promised and the accommodations were terrific. It was a really chilly, windy evening when we arrived but there is a heater we were able to turn on. One of the bonuses was when I found out we could use the laundry facilities!!! For FREE!!! Seriously, we'd been traveling a week and needed to do laundry and I figured I'd have to spend a morning or afternoon at a laundromat, but instead was able to do laundry while cooking dinner and relaxing in the evenings. Fantastic! Of course they emphasize that housekeeping has priority, but I never had a problem sharing the space. The kitchen was nice and we found a grocery store in Machias on our drive in so loaded up on groceries for our stay. We also passed a small IGA on our drive through Lubec but didn't go inside. We really enjoyed the sunsets and walked down the road to the state park, and were planning to hike the trail but it would have cost us $6 to enter the park and we weren't willing to pay for a hike so walked back and drove over the bridge into New Brunswick. The most beautiful beach you must visit is Herring Cove. It was empty except for one other person and is a beautiful sandy crescent-shaped beach. A hidden find. We would highly recommend this to others and would stay again if we were ever to travel out that way. We bumped into a few people who called themselves managers but everyone was friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As of June 2014, we now have 8 Vacation Rental units in 6 buildings. The Station House, Keepers Cottage,The Cabin, The Camp and 4 units in The Lodge. Quoddy Hall, with a breathtaking event room, is available for weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, meetings, etc. We have the best panoramic views from all points of our complex. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your West Quoddy Head Station reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Quoddy Head Light Station Bed And Breakfast
- West Quoddy Head Light Station Hotel Lubec
- West Quoddy Head Station Lubec, Maine