“Enjoyable but not memorable”
Review of Gracie's

Gracie's
Reserve with OpenTable
Gracie's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 808 Restaurants in Providence
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Established in 1998, Gracie’s was founded with a vision to offer fine food and personal attention to all. Started on Providence’s Federal Hill, Gracie’s quickly outgrew its 30-seat location and moved to the Downcity Theater District in 2005. The new space offers a cozy wine room, a stunning private dining room and greater seating capacity. Although Gracie’s has grown in size it remains true to it’s mission -- to create a warm environment, and to surprise, excite and educate the palate.
“Enjoyable but not memorable”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I had a hard time writing this review because I really wanted to love it, especially because of all the hype. What's holding me back is the way the did restaurant week. The menu looked great and my friend and I were really excited to try it. We had later reservations, around 8pm, and were told that the duck breast had run out and they were serving duck leg. We had both been planning on the duck breast, which was part of the reason we chose the restaurant but decided to try to duck leg. It was fine, I wouldn't say it was great, perhaps because I generally don't like the fattier darker meat so I was disappointed. I had been to other high caliber restaurants that week at later times and not one ran out of any of the options. On the plus side our waiter was wonderful, attentive and informative; the bite size apps brought in between meals were delightful and the mushroom gnocchi appetizer was wonderful. While I did have a good time overall, I am not likely to return soon as there are other restaurants that had better menus.

Sarasota, Florida
“Superb food... absolutely fabulous :-)”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

From start to finish, this was one of the best experiences we've had in the US in a long time.

A genuine warm welcome... amazing attention to detail in the dining room... excellent service (great to have a European style "everyone helps you" versus one server)...

The food was superb... stupendously good in fact... there wasn't anything we had that wasn't delicious, perfectly presented and supremely delicious!

We absolutely cannot wait to return... definitely one of the better restaurants we've been to. Loved it!

Providence, Rhode Island
“Gracie's- perfection”
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We went to Gracie's for dinner last night. We were 2 couples celebrating our anniversaries. From the moment we sat until we left, everything was super. First we were given a small taste of bubbly to have a toast. We all decided to do the restaurant week menu and each course was so yummy. In between courses we were brought one bite tastings of something wonderful. Between the appetizer and main course we were served some sort of amazing cherry on a tiny spoon with a touch of cream with a slice of almond - it was the perfect bite. after out entrees we each were given a spoon of sorbet. Then a small amazing cheese plate, then dessert and then... 4 of the most tasty macaroons to finally end the meal. Those who ordered coffee were given an individual coffee press. Then to really top it off our car was returned to us with small packages of homemade cc cookies in the front seat! Oh - and the courses were delicious. Brown butter gnocchi-perfection!

Visited July 2013
Providence, Rhode Island
“Great date night restaurant”
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

We have been to Gracie's for private events and always enjoyed their food and drinks. Since it's restaurant week, we decided to eat dinner here. The menu has a little bit of everything. The staff is very good. Cocktails were a little pricey, but beer was reasonable. You're given bite size complimentary apps in between courses which is a nice surprise. It's a little noisier than I'd like inside and two top tables are a bit cramped. Overall, the food is perfectly served.

Kentucky
“Not Really Worth $275 for Dinner”
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I did the five course dinner with wine. It set us back $275 and we left hungry. Food was OK, atmosphere was a bit on the loud side with tables tightly spaced. We will not be back.

• Visited June 2013