“Just okay”

Omni Providence Hotel
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Providence
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We stayed at the Omni hotel in providence RI. My husband had a conference at the convention center right next door. The location was centrally located in the downtown. The front desk workers were not overly friendly or helpful. We were not overly familiar with this particular chain or the location. The refrigerator in our room never really got cold! I called the front desk for a standard size pillow & was told they'd look around to see if they had one...& they never got back to me. The bell-hop was really friendly & gave us the most information re: the Hotel & surrounding area. Over-all it was an average experience for the cost!

1  Thank MARYELLEN1424

Reviewed October 4, 2013

I stayed there 2 nights and the first night there was a constant loud noise like someone drilling and eventually I complained and was first told that it was late (10PM) and they will check next day. The manager offered to move me to a new room but I did not. She also mentioned that the noise was most probably from the elevator shaft. So first question If the hotel knows about this noise why are they putting guests in this room and second why dont they fix it. Next day I was moved to a lower level room on the opposite side of the elevators and the sound was much lower. I left the room in the morning with the understanding that my luggage will be moved to the other room but in the evening when I came back nothing was moved.

Lesson learned--Do not stay in the rooms which are on the side of elevators. Find a room opposite the elevator shaft

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We spent one night at the Omni Providence. The lobby is lovely, with huge vaulted ceilings, nice arrangement of furniture and lots of activity coming and going. This hotel is attached via skybridge to the Providence Place Mall which is convenient for shopping needs. It's centrally located in downtown Providence and is easily accessible.

Our room was on the 15th floor of the East Tower. It was quiet and comfortable, well maintained and spacious. I found the bed to be firm and supportive, pillows were plump and comforters were cozy. The bathroom was clean and water pressure was strong. Because we only stayed one night, we did not experience any housekeeping. We did use the in-room coffee machine with a selection of Wolfgang Puck coffee and Tazo tea.

The Centro Bar had a lot of patrons for a Sunday night, low lighting made for a nice atmosphere. We also had a drink at Fandango, the Steak House restaurant. I'd recommend stopping into either or both, as they seem to have outside clientele rather than just travelers.

My only complaint would be the lack of front desk service. Upon check in, we requested a bottle of wine to be sent to our room. It never materialized. Later that evening, I called the front desk to have additional bottled water brought to the room. Eventually I fell asleep, waiting for water that never arrived. So don't count on the front desk to make anything happen. Other than that, we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I stayed there for 4 nights during a conference. It is in a great location. Walking distance to most restaurants, attractions including the Water Fire, and the Providence mall is right next door. The hotel has been around for awhile so it does have character but for the most part it is clean, friendly and I would stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
provmgr, Manager at Omni Providence Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

We are glad you enjoyed your stay at the Omni Providence and found the location convenient. Thank you for reviewing our property on TripAdvisor and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

If you're coming to this hotel to relax, it is indeed beautiful. Great location, nice fitness room and indoor pool/spa. I had a large corner room with two huge windows, and my bathroom was immense (I might have had an accessible room, hence the larger size bathroom). But if you hope to get some work done (ie. use the Internet from your room or any meeting room or public space within the hotel), good luck! The wireless access is abysmal for such a nice hotel. I didn't have a cable to plugin--perhaps that would have made it better.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for staying with us at the Omni Providence and for sharing your experience at our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your time spent with us. As mentioned in previous reviews, the hotel’s current Wi-Fi system was installed quite a few years ago, before we purchased the property in early 2013. Our upcoming multi-million dollar property renovation includes installing a brand new Wi-Fi system in the hotel, which will significantly increase speeds throughout the building. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Overall I was pleased with my stay at the Omni Providence, as the beds were comfortable, the staff was friendly, the location was ideal, and the facilities were generally very nice. But there were a few things they need to fix. First, the front desk often seemed understaffed and overwhelmed. Second, they failed to repair a broken phone in my room, even after multiple complaints. Finally, the air conditioning in my room seemed to have a mind of its own - I would raise the setting only to find it reset itself to a colder temperature. I was there for a conference and the food was okay, but I have had better. But I don't want my issues to diminish the fact that this was a nice place to stay and I would likely return.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Attended three-day conference at the Omni Providence. The room was clean, comfortable, food was excellent and the location was perfect. Walking distance to everything! Hotel staff was extremely helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business