Omni Providence Hotel
$204
$187
  • Pool
$149
The Dean Hotel(Providence)(Great Value!)
$139
Hotel Dolce Villa(Providence)
$126
Orbitz.com
3,045 results
All reviewsconvention centercentro restauranteast towershopping mallroom keyroom servicecorner roombeautiful hotelvalet parkingrhode islandconvenient locationdunkin donuts centerbed was very comfortablecoffee shopvalet servicefederal hillbrown university
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Omni hotels bill themselves as luxury hotels. Unfortunately, not everything fit the luxury hotel moniker this hotel would like to have.

First, the good. The staff were courteous and helpful when I interacted, though slightly confused about a few things. I wonder how many of them were held over from the Westin-Omni switch and how many of them were new hires.

The location is excellent. It's just a few minutes to the historic parts of Providence or to countless good restaurants. If you're attending a convention, you can't possibly get any closer to the convention center unless you sleep in it, and I'm sure they don't encourage that. The fitness center is huge and very well-maintained. No broken-down elliptical machines stuffed in a corner here!

Now, the less than good. My room was comfortable, but the heat and A/C turned itself on and off randomly even after I had turned the controller off at the wall. My bathroom door had hit the shower rod so many times that the paint was chipping off, the bathroom light fixtures flickered on and off, the toilet and sink gurgled alarmingly at times, and my desk chair could not be adjusted.

The morning beverage delivery is a perk I really like about Omni hotels. Unfortunately, they delivered my beverage to the wrong room one morning and forgot sweeteners another morning. Fortunately the in-room coffee maker had sugar packets.

Overall, it wasn't as good as other Omnis I've stayed at.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
PRVOMNIMANAGER, Manager at Omni Providence Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

It was disappointing for us to read that your stay at the Omni Providence did not meet your expectations. As evidenced by our many reviews, we do our best to provide our guests with exceptional stays and apologize that in your case, we missed the mark. If you return please let us know if you have any concerns so that we may immediately address them. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope for a future opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

The staff was helpful (despite a baggage handler breaking a luggage strap), everything is new and smells nice, and the free services rounded out the experience. The proximity to both Federal Hill and Downtown Providence was very, very convenient.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for a conference so only experienced the basics but they were very good - a large double room with a huge, comfortable bed, desk, plenty of electrical sockets in convenient places (not to be under-estimated!). The bathroom was small, with a tiny bath and low shower, but always clean. The service was good and the location very convenient for the conference centre and mall.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 25, 2013

What was originally scheduled as a 3-night stay for a regional soccer tournament turned into a 5 night visit, the front office staff was more than willing to accommodate our extension. The facilities and location are top-notch, but what made this hotel special was the professionalism and helpfulness of every staff member we encountered, especially those working in housekeeping and valet. What made the trip extra special was returning home with a Region I Championship.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that frames the statehouse.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed 5 nights at the Omni and was very disappointed. 5 years ago when this property was a Westin, the quality, service and experience was nothing short of outstanding, which is why I opted to stay here again.

The rooms are older and while everything was in working order, the rooms were stuffy and loud. My A/C wasn't working optimally and the faucet leaked. I could hear everything happening in the hallway from the bed.

Perhaps the strangest and most annoying thing about my stay is that practically every morning around 8AM, regardless of if I had my privacy sign on the door or not, housekeeping would knock on my door and ask if I wanted service. Each time, I was still asleep and had to get out of bed to answer the door. This would happen again every two hours or so until I left my room for the day. This made it very hard to relax in my room, get a good nights sleep or otherwise. Even if it wasn't my door being knocked on, it was my neighbors and I could hear it and would wake up.

All that being said, the location of the hotel is great. Easy access to downtown, the conference center and mall. However there are many other hotels nearby and given the chance I would stay at one of those.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at our hotel on TripAdvisor. It was disappointing for us to read that your stay at the Omni Providence did not meet your expectations. Since our purchased of the hotel we have already invested into the property with increased staffing levels and upgraded touches. A full property renovation is set to begin in early 2014. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope for a future opportunity to serve you.