“Nice hotel until bedtime. Too noisy late night for my taste.”

Omni Providence Hotel
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Providence
Reviewed May 10, 2013

The hotel in itself is a very nice place. Decent accommodations for the price/location and friendly service. However, every night in our room there was a constant "noise" (almost a drumming sound) that reverberated through the bed that made it difficult to sleep. I was there over a week on business and the noise was there all week long. Hotel staff could explain what it was nor did they offer any remedy. If it weren't for this I would have gave them 4 stars instead of 3.

Room Tip: Try higher floors, perhaps you will find a quieter room as I was only on 6th floor this trip.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
PRVOMNIMANAGER, Manager at Omni Providence Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Thank you for reviewing your experience at our hotel at TripAdvisor. It was disappointing for us to read that your stay at the Omni Providence did not meet your expectations. If you return please let us know if you have any concerns so that we may immediately address them. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope for a future opportunity to serve you.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,931)

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel exceeded my expectations by leaps and bounds. I can't speak highly enough of the quality, location, excellence of the staff, excellence of the accomodations. When a valuable item was left behind in our room, the loss prevention department went above and beyond the call of duty to locate the item and return it to us. I am looking forward to many more stays at this incredible location!

Room Tip: East tower was awesome!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank 373LisaD373
PRVOMNIMANAGER, Manager at Omni Providence Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

We are glad you enjoyed your stay at the Omni Providence and found the location convenient. Thank you for reviewing our property on TripAdvisor and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The is a great place to stay in downtown Providence. It is directly connected to the Dunkin Donuts Area, the Conference Center and the expansive Providence Place Mall! There are lots of restaurants within walking distance and the hotel is close to the rive for Water-Fire. The rooms were larger than I expected with very comfortable beds. Only negative was a very noisy hvac system!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kelster1974
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The Omni Providence is connected to the Providence Place Mall and across the street from the "Riverwalk" area. The location is excellent if you're there for an event at the Dunkin' Donuts Center or to participate in one of the Riverwalk events. Also great if you're into shopping - lots of shops and restaurants to choose from and they're all within the complex.
On check-in, they had a little adventure kit with backpack for my son. That was a really nice touch and actually pushed my grade from "Average" to "Very Good".
The rooms themselves were a "C+" overall. It was a bit dated. When I opened the cabinet next to the chest of drawers, there were holes where there used to be a microfridge.
You'll want a room that is not on the I-95 side of the hotel unless you find the sound of traffic to be soothing. There are also a lot of thumping bass and loud exhausts; kids cruising the mall area. There's a decent pool and hot tub, which we did use. My young son enjoyed it but if you're looking to do laps, it's not very large. It got crowded pretty quick.
The next time I'm in Providence for an event, I'm going to seek other lodging. For the cost of the room (~$110/night), I really can't complain about the stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not on the I-95 side.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank CJBGLO
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed at this hotel, as a Westin, in October, and returned to its new incarnation as an Omni in May. As Westin, it was great. As Omni, even better. Here's why:

As we all know, most upper level hotels can kill you with internet and meal charges. Upon registering, the accommodating and friendly clerk advised me of the Omni Select Guests instant sign-up. Therefore, my wi-fi was free, and they even shined a pair of shoes overnight. Best of all, they offer complimentary morning coffee, to which I added the purchase of a banana and a bagel. It was delivered precisely on-time, with a total cost of $8.69. Really.

Room was spotless and lovely. Fitness facility is huge, staffed with helpful people. Car valet prompt. Angelique at the desk bid a very friendly, pleasant good-bye.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank GreenMountains18
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I had a great stay at this hotel. I signed up for their loyalty points before my stay. I put down a quiet corner room as my preferred room and that's exactly what I got. My room was a premier executive room which included free morning beverage service and free wifi. The room was extremely clean was very spacious. The bathroom was huge and had a seperate shower and bath. My room was in the east wing which appeared to be newer than the west wing.
The hotel staff was super attentive and very professional.
The hotel is in the best location attached to the mall and the convention center.

Room Tip: Sign up for their loyalty points before your stay.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank raineday33
PRVOMNIMANAGER, Manager at Omni Providence Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Omni Providence. Thank you for taking the time to recommend us on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Omni just took over this property from the Westin in January 2013. They're off to a great start. I found everything to be excellent and will definitely return. If I had to nitpick, I would say that two things were lacking. First: There were no frills in the room, (no stationery, no magazines, etc. There wasn't even the ubiquitous Bible). Second, the staff seem genuinely helpful but untrained and unfamiliar with the hotel. I'm sure those will both improve over time as the Omni culture grows at this property. Have no fear in booking this hotel.

Room Tip: Room number xx18 is the suite on every floor in the south/west wing, with wide views. The other sid...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family